Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
14 4,029
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

When domestic unmanned naval vehicle projects were just beginning to emerge, TEI GM Mahmut Akşit had proposed to make a domestic engine for IDAs from the core of the TS-1400. One of the officials at the meeting where he made the proposal said, "These engines are already available
everywhere, it would be an unnecessary expense to make a local one."

In recent months, we have learned that an embargo has been imposed on Turkey for the engines used in IDAs.

TEI has not started this project, but TÜMOSAN and BMC are working in cooperation with IDA manufacturers to integrate their engines into domestic SİDAs. The first systems to be delivered will be delivered with indigenous engines.

I'm not someone who shares this persons Tweets but there is something I want to touch on. This same sentiment also was shown towards a proposed TS-3000 engine by our officials. Then I’m guessing the thinking was “The US won’t Embargo engines for our helicopter projects”. And now we are dependent on Ukrainian engines which led to drastic design changes of both the T-929 and most likely the T-925.

Yet when Mr. Akşit proposed the TS-3000 engines years ago (2018-19) it was declines by our bright officials. By now we could have had testing come to an end and the engine being prepared for LRIP.

Wasted 4-5 years for what exactly? Nothing. Not only that we STILL need an engine in the those ranges.

I really hope we won’t see the same done to the TF30000 engine.

Last edited:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
67 31,250
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I'm not someone who shares this persons Tweets but there is something I want to touch on. This same sentiment also was shown towards a proposed TS-3000 engine by our officials. Then I’m guessing the thinking was “The US won’t Embargo engines for our helicopter projects”. And now we are dependent on Ukrainian engines which led to drastic design changes of both the T-929 and most likely the T-925.

Yet when Mr. Akşit proposed the TS-3000 engines years ago (2018-19) it was declines by our bright officials. By now we could have had testing come to an end and the engine being prepared for LRIP.

Wasted 4-5 years for what exactly? Nothing. Not only that we STILL need an engine in the those ranges.

I really hope we won’t see the same done to the TF30000 engine.
There are not enough personnel for the TS-3000 engine project. The design requirements of the project also had a projection that pushed the limits too far. Like the USA, we do not have the luxury of developing projects just to gain experience and then killing projects by saying we could not do it. We don't have that many resources or time. It would be naive to think (at least with the resources we have) that we can succeed in any project we undertake.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,452
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TrMotor R&D and Production facility under construction

20230826_135423.jpg
20230826_135419.jpg
20230826_135415.jpg

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
67 31,250
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

The first rotating parts of the national aircraft engine appeared:
• The first rotating parts of Turkey's most powerful national aviation engine family TEI-TF6000/TEI-TF10000 were exhibited at TEKNOFEST Ankara.
Mahmut Akşit, General Manager of TEI:
• UAV engines are OK, helicopter engines are OK, fighter jet engines are also OK, we just need to run and show them.
• The most difficult part of our production is finished. We expect to finish the rest by the end of the year and hear the engine sound.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,715
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

• The first rotating parts of Turkey's most powerful national aviation engine family TEI-TF6000/TEI-TF10000 were exhibited at TEKNOFEST Ankara.
• UAV engines are OK, helicopter engines are OK, fighter jet engines are also OK, we just need to run and show them.
• The most difficult part of our production is finished. We expect to finish the rest by the end of the year and hear the engine sound.
Bruh they didn't allow me to photograph it and then they just fncking film it wth

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 5,067
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

They aim to show the full engine in Izmir Teknofest which is between Sept 27th - Oct 1st this year. So we will, probably, see the engine in flesh in a month.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 5,067
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mahmut Akşit:

"These motors attract a lot of attention from the world. Another request came from a foreign customer. They immediately ask, 'When will you start, when will you start mass production?'

We have foreign customers who want a quote for these engines from us. 'When will you deliver, how much money do you want?' We take the questions."

He also said that there are foreign customers who want to use TF6000 in twin configuration for their trainer aircraft.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,180
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mahmut Akşit:

He also said that there are foreign customers who want to use TF6000 in twin configuration for their trainer aircraft.

Could it be Aermachhi M-346 or Taiwan's F-CK-1 ?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
90 8,770
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
That's the fan and compressor section.
Looks fabulous. I wonder why they didn't show the Turbines?🤔

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,822
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

"fighter jet engines are also OK, we just need to run and SHOW them."

@Bogeyman "Deme" :cool:

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,822
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mahmut Akşit:

"These motors attract a lot of attention from the world. Another request came from a foreign customer. They immediately ask, 'When will you start, when will you start mass production?'

We have foreign customers who want a quote for these engines from us. 'When will you deliver, how much money do you want?' We take the questions."

I think Turkiye should be afraid. You may ask why?
Because foreign customers soon will gather together and directly will go to offense.
Take my money and we want you to deliver engine to us FIRST :D

It is sound like foreigners are eager more than Turks. They want it badly

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 5,067
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A few weeks ago, on a TV show Mahmut Akşit attended, while he was explaining the parts of TF6000 on a mock-up he said that the sections that requires secrecy are produced out of proportion to prevent espionage. Maybe that's the reason why they have opted for not bringing the hot-sections to TEKNOFEST.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,822
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
General Manager of TEI Mahmut Akşit Already answer to this question many times.
Answer was that shown mock up/pro type on FAIR are modified or missing some parts on PURPOSE.
He said because of Tech Security. Even he added that some parts are with different shape which lead to illogical/making no sense design

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom