AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
We ARE in a terrible condition. Just look around. We can not save the whole Muslim world. We need help.
Turkey by being strong is actually helping all Muslim countries... do you think Frane or Russia will do the same they did to Libya to anybody else? Russia saw Karabagh and France saw Libya, USA saw both of them... each of these army technologies make domino effects

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
We ARE in a terrible condition. Just look around. We can not save the whole Muslim world. We need help.

The condition is not good right now, but would have been 100x worse without the Turks. I agree, for far to long the Turks have been the shield of Muslims. Hopefully, other muslim countries like Egypt, Pakistan and Indonesia can grow in the future and take some of the burden.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 969
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
> After that Engine they started the 380HP Engine for Kirpi and Vuran. There was a tender and they won it.
--So does most Kirpies have Turkish made engines ? 😃😃

Blank1

Reactions
The condition is not good right now, but would have been 100x worse without the Turks. I agree, for far to long the Turks have been the shield of Muslims. Hopefully, other muslim countries like Egypt, Pakistan and Indonesia can grow in the future and take some of the burden.
Long live Turkey and Muslims.
Pakistan is doing its best despite being poor, They survived USSR and disintegrate their empire, US and NATO are shackled in Afghanistan since past two decades and they kept india at bay.
Despite all that they became nuclear and missile power will full echo system and have their own jet. Directly OR Indirectly they absorbed allot of burden.

Last edited:

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Tumosan made 7.8L 530hp and 5.2L 360HP(these are using in new anti tank vehicles of FNSS and deliveries started) totally local diesel engine with its transmission in Turkey

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tumosan made 7.8L 530hp and 5.2L 360HP(these are using in new anti tank vehicles of FNSS and deliveries started) totally local diesel engine with its transmission in Turkey
I have seen the video previously and I was irritated due to the fact that it was filmed inside a hall. Especially because the video producer doesn't reveal to many information about his whereabouts.

The Engine is definitely the one planned to be used in the ÖMTTZA project from FNSS PARS III 6x6 and 8x8 Vehicles.

Tümosan started this development with the help Tübitak in the year 2012 under the New Generation Diesel Engine Development program. From 155HP to 1000HP

> They had an Engine wich was an 6.8 V6 with approximately 450HP, First Ignition of that Engine back in 2016.

>But I assume they deemed it insufficent so they further developed the 7.8 V6 with 530HP and this is the one they're going with.

1612707871844.png

>SSB saw the improvements and signed a contract with FNSS and Tümosan in 25.12.2019

1612708117780.png

1612708208010.png

> So Timeline wise the The CEO Hilmi Tosun said that at the time (03.10.2020) they are in the 14th Month of development and they planned for 36 Months.
Logically they are aiming for 01.07.2022

The Source is a promotional Video from Tümosan at the 20 Minute mark.

> To add to that CEO of FNSS said in 05.2020:
The creation of a 450 horsepower, then 550 horsepower engine will occur perhaps at the end of the year, maybe a little earlier. We anticipate entering vehicle deliveries and even 6x6 and 8x8 vehicle tests with this engine. This will be in 2021. We will be able to show an armored vehicle with a domestic engine in 2021

- Which implies that the timeframe of 36 Months -> 07.2022 is very well valid. A bummer I assumed that deliveries might occur earlier.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another interesting Fact is that Tümosan Engineers are located in Istanbul in the R&D department and the Factory is in Konya
-> They only have 100+ Engineers.

Same with BMC POWER who has according to Osman Dur about 150 Engineers.

Attachments

• 1612707831512.png
    1612707831512.png
    880.8 KB · Views: 84
A

adenl

I have seen the video previously and I was irritated due to the fact that it was filmed inside a hall. Especially because the video producer doesn't reveal to many information about his whereabouts.

The Engine is definitely the one planned to be used in the ÖMTTZA project from FNSS PARS III 6x6 and 8x8 Vehicles.

Tümosan started this development with the help Tübitak in the year 2012 under the New Generation Diesel Engine Development program. From 155HP to 1000HP

> They had an Engine wich was an 6.8 V6 with approximately 450HP, First Ignition of that Engine back in 2016.

>But I assume they deemed it insufficent so they further developed the 7.8 V6 with 530HP and this is the one they're going with.

View attachment 13697

>SSB saw the improvements and signed a contract with FNSS and Tümosan in 25.12.2019

View attachment 13698
View attachment 13699

> So Timeline wise the The CEO Hilmi Tosun said that at the time (03.10.2020) they are in the 14th Month of development and they planned for 36 Months.
Logically they are aiming for 01.07.2022

The Source is a promotional Video from Tümosan at the 20 Minute mark.

> To add to that CEO of FNSS said in 05.2020:
The creation of a 450 horsepower, then 550 horsepower engine will occur perhaps at the end of the year, maybe a little earlier. We anticipate entering vehicle deliveries and even 6x6 and 8x8 vehicle tests with this engine. This will in 2021. We will be able to show an armored vehicle with a domestic engine in 2021

- Which implies that the timeframe of 36 Months -> 07.2022 is very well valid. A bummer I assumed that deliveries might occur earlier.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another interesting Fact is that Tümosan Engineers are located in Istanbul in the R&D department and the Factory is in Konya
-> They only have 100+ Engineers.

Same with BMC POWER who have according to Osman Dur about 150 Engineers.
Any words or info on the 1000hp engine from Tumosan? Is is currently under development and if so, how far?

@Cabatli_53 @Webslave I see that a wiki like catalogue is being worked on for all of the various developments and projects of the Turkish defense industry. It is becoming a necessity by this point, not only for us members but also for outsiders that want to know more about the Turkish defense industry. It is getting a bit too much to know all of it all by heart or to look for bits of info that is scattered all over this site and elsewhere.

You can count on me to contribute to such a catalogue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Any words or info on the 1000hp engine from Tumosan? Is is currently under development and if so, how far?

@Cabatli_53 @Webslave I see that a wiki like catalogue is being worked on for all of the various developments and projects of the Turkish defense industry. It is becoming a necessity by this point, not only for us members but also for outsiders that want to know more about the Turkish defense industry. It is getting a bit too much to know all of it all by heart or to look for bits of info that is scattered all over this site and elsewhere.

You can count on me to contribute to such a catalogue.

We haven't heard anything new from tumosan but i remember seeing a test video of the 1000hp engine but after that it all went quite and we didn't see any more testing videos or it could be another engine, i could be wrong no idea.

A

adenl

We haven't heard anything new from tumosan but i remember seeing a test video of the 1000hp engine but after that it all went quite and we didn't see any more testing videos or it could be another engine, i could be wrong no idea.
Do you perhaps have a link to that video?

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

They don't have a 1000hp engine, are you confusing the video you saw of from Tülomsaş 1000hp locomotive engine ?

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The first two stroke paramotor engine of Turkey is made by Alida Motors.
Is paramotoring not aviation enough or this dude has no clue what he is saying.
Yep you're right. But TEI engine is vastly more superior, man, if TEI made their engine available to paragliders they would be on it like me to revani cake !
12605311_1118295448190415_3234227824539067528_o.jpg

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,186
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yep you're right. But TEI engine is vastly more superior, man, if TEI made their engine available to paragliders they would be on it like me to revani cake !
View attachment 13706
At this stage they say that their engine is not a shelf item and is not cheap, sadly.
I am hoping at some point down the road they make it available for civilian use.
I have a project that I want to use this engine for but I can't at the moment.

Curious if it is possible to rent an engine from an owner for tests, for like 3 hour total run time.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
At this stage they say that their engine is not a shelf item and is not cheap, sadly.
I am hoping at some point down the road they make it available for civilian use.
I have a project that I want to use this engine for but I can't at the moment.

Curious if it is possible to rent an engine from an owner for tests, for like 3 hour total run time.

Can't you scale down your project and demonstrate it to angel investors?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,186
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can't you scale down your project and demonstrate it to angel investors?
I can, I have it completely 3D photorealistic rendered and the whole thing is around 75kg.
It is the simplest helicopter ever to carry a 200lb person for 30 minutes.

I designed it to enter a worldwide competition and perhaps to races like the one to be held next year by Alauda Airspeeder. It is a truly innovative piece of equipment and a very simple one at that.

But I am having a hard time finding Angel investors that have a fancy for aviation. I am willing to give up an unfair amount of shares to find that seed investor. Looking for $20-30k.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom