Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
On the tiny side PG-50S news will be highly apreciated as this engine can be used for civilian projects too, I guess.

E

Era_shield

Hoping it's something close to output of an GE F-414 :) if rumours are correct
F414? That's only 22,000lbf. If these rumours are true it will have the same total power output as an F-22 (2 x F119, 35,000lbf each). It will be awesome if they can pull it off. And it means they really are making a Turkish F-22, including high mach supercruise. :)

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Great news, it would be perfect if we hear anything about domestic hurjet engine is well, I hope we learned from embargos and developing engine for hurjet is well.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,140
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
On the tiny side PG-50S news will be highly apreciated as this engine can be used for civilian projects too, I guess.

This is the important observation here. Home grown defence products are great, but the real value is that many of the systems/sub-systems and products can be applied in the private sector. These applications will make Turkey an advanced industrial economy exporting high value products. The fruits of the defence industry is that Turkey will become an economic powerhouse and accumulate a lot of wealth in the long run

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TEI combined 330 parts to a single part with 3d printing in t700 engine

IMG-20210818-WA0137.jpg
IMG-20210818-WA0117.jpg

iceream

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Can you explain how good these engines are to a non military enthusiast how good they are compared to the top us and china
ws-10 and when they will be created pls
They are just in design phase , some basic td has been done , turkish metallurgy isn't comparable to USA , maybe foreign help may be used .

This will be long term program for turkey

Profchaos

Reactions
1 278
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Too low , won't work for m88 class engine , it's not too big of a achivement here , it need to be 1600°c + for a ge 414 type , above that you need silicon composites in blades (not exhaust) , as per your thrust requirements for such humongous jet .

Otherwise take help of some oem
Why so salty ?

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Too low , won't work for m88 class engine , it's not too big of a achivement here , it need to be 1600°c + for a ge 414 type , above that you need silicon composites in blades (not exhaust) , as per your thrust requirements for such humongous jet .

Otherwise take help of some oem
It's for TS-1400 turboshaft engine

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Why so salty ?
Not salty ,just realistic .

I am just saying that the fighter jet design of tfx require much power than the capability of current technology of turkey , so either you spend some 4-5 billion + in just this decade or you can't make the engine reality in 20229 timeframe .

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,864
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

I am just saying that the fighter jet design of tfx require much power than the capability of current technology of turkey , so either you spend some 4-5 billion + in just this decade or you can't make the engine reality in 20229 timeframe .
???

Last edited:

Profchaos

Reactions
1 278
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

The whole arguament started over a manufacturing method about a licenced turboshaft engine and how did we end up talking about turkey producing 20000 lbf turbofans for fighters. Nobody claimed that.

iceream

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
The whole arguament started over a manufacturing method about a licenced turboshaft engine and how did we end up talking about turkey producing 20000 lbf turbofans for fighters. Nobody claimed that.
What are you both saying I am asking a question on what this engine is any specs etc where will it be manufactured no reason for debate between 2 people stop fighting

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom