Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,790
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Isn't TEI developing TJ3000 for the medium-range anti-ship missile?
I think you mean TJ-300 !
Prof Aksit had earlier mentioned that they wanted to produce this engine to see if they could produce an axial flow turbo jet that would pave the way to larger ones. And it was a success.

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I think you mean TJ-300 !
Prof Aksit had earlier mentioned that they wanted to produce this engine to see if they could produce an axial flow turbo jet that would pave the way to larger ones. And it was a success.
Why turbojet instead of turbofan if I may ask . Turbofan provide better efficiency etc

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,790
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why turbojet instead of turbofan if I may ask . Turbofan provide better efficiency etc
I agree with you. I would have liked to have seen TEI building a turbofan.
But this engine, as I understand it, was built to see how it would work. They had, up until then, only built a 90lbf turbojet engine for a target drone. They wanted to build a 300lbf engine. Hence TJ-300.
Also for an expendable and medium range anti ship missile, you don’t really need an expensive turbofan. I think since then they may have built a 400lbf version too. (FADEC pictures of a tj-400 were seen in a post)

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

As the Founding Board Member and General Manager of BMCPower, we set up the budget with my team to receive foreign support only in 1000 HP transmission and not to receive foreign support for 1500 HP transmission and any of the developed engines, we signed the contract with SSB and completed it!

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,790
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Gökbey's engine (TEI-TS1400) is dual-use, that is, dual-use (both civil and military). Currently, the engine used in ATAK is 1.375hp, while our engine is 1.480hp. Slightly larger than the ATAK engine, minor modifications may be required (on ATAK engine housing)."

First Gokbey prototype that flew had a CTS800 engine on it. Now TS-1400 engine is being integrated in to this helicopter. So similar modifications are being or have been done to Gokbey anyway.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
National Center where Turbojet Engines are developed

KTJ 3200