Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The project was taken from TEI and given to Kale. I don't know the exact cause, but it's probably an engineering issue.

Don't get me wrong guys, I am not trying to shit on TEI. But sadly these are the truth. We should more rely on Kale and TRMotor now..
Tei's main interest is not actually tj300, it was offered to them to replace harpoon missile engines said Mr Akşit.
There was not any kind of "failure" indication. Since kale is more focused team on cruise missile engines, it makes sense that project is delivered to them.
Tei has limited resources. Therefore, they would rather focus on ts1400 and its larger and smaller derivatives.
That would be my "trust me bro" approach to the some of the engine developments.

Last edited:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,329
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Then why PD series isnt in use yet? Serial production Anka and Aksungurs still using Centurion engines. Even after 40-50~ of them produced so far, they aren't certificated properly.

ther is a lot of stock engines, what should they do with it? Like SOM missile used Safrane engine, we have several hunderd of them, should we use Kale engine? Why are you not patient?

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 362
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Russia: "We will from now on attack and hit Ukrainian defence manufacturers".

If this is true, than goodbye to Motor Sich and joint projects...

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Russia: "We will from now on attack and hit Ukrainian defence manufacturers".

If this is true, than goodbye to Motor Sich and joint projects...

A company is more than a few buildings, some desks and old machinery. You can be sure that all personnel, all the technological drawings and information about the production is transfered to safe locations since before the war started. Also, the human resources as in engineering are the most valuable part of any company.

So, Russians bombing a few buildings does not mean much to the joint projects. On the contrary, it could increase the corporation as the most obvious way get your company started again is to move it a safe location. What safer location than Turkey could you find in this situation. They will get Turkish finances to build up the production with Turkish personnel and Ukrainian expertise.

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 362
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope and pray that you are right.
And I also I was hoping that production lines also was transferred to TR already. There are too many flight between UKR and TR (Corlu)

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,764
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think it’s a sound worry, even if it is unfounded. We are used to get information on progress, so when we don’t hear anything ee get worried.

Even if some projects should remain a secret, knowing gives us a sense of security on behalf of our nation.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
🇹🇷 Erin Motor is developing a new 17hp engine for use in UAVs.
The other two members of the Owl UAV engine family, the 6hp and 12hp engines, were introduced before.
12hp engine will also be used in Bayraktar’s DİHA (VUAV).

I used to say that Baykar should enter the Kamikaze Drone business perhaps that's happening.
- Baykar might have founded the 17 HP Engine

Baykar could acquire ERIN MOTOR and expand the Engine production in order to start producing Kamikaze Drones
- The IAI Harpy has a 38 HP engine so not that far away

The Full Statement by ERIN MOTOR is dedicated to Selcuk Bayraktar

"We owe our gratitude to Mr. Haluk Bayraktar and Selçuk Bayraktar, who guided us, encouraged and trusted us in this matter.” said. Şahin said that Turkey plays a leading role in UAV technology in the world and that they are proud of producing UAV engines and that they are a part of SAHA Istanbul."

“We currently have two different engines in the Owl series, one with 6 horsepower and the other with 12 horsepower. Our 17 horsepower engine is also under development. Although our target is primarily the domestic market, we will also export to companies we find suitable. In the defense industry, it is important not to be dependent on abroad more than price advantage, but we are at a level to compete with the world in terms of price.

"The most important aspect of Owl is that it is not dependent on abroad. We develop the most critical and strategic parts of the engine together with the companies we work with in Turkey. All parts such as the engine control unit, the power control unit, and the alternator, which also acts as a starter, were developed and produced with domestic facilities. We have reached the stage of mass production."

1646673963193.png

1646673781877.png

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,329
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
🇹🇷 Erin Motor is developing a new 17hp engine for use in UAVs.
The other two members of the Owl UAV engine family, the 6hp and 12hp engines, were introduced before.
12hp engine will also be used in Bayraktar’s DİHA (VUAV).

I used to say that Baykar should enter the Kamikaze Drone business perhaps that's happening.
- Baykar might have founded the 17 HP Engine

Baykar could acquire ERIN MOTOR and expand the Engine production in order to start producing Kamikaze Drones
- The IAI Harpy has a 38 HP engine so not that far away

The Full Statement by ERIN MOTOR is dedicated to Selcuk Bayraktar

"We owe our gratitude to Mr. Haluk Bayraktar and Selçuk Bayraktar, who guided us, encouraged and trusted us in this matter.” said. Şahin said that Turkey plays a leading role in UAV technology in the world and that they are proud of producing UAV engines and that they are a part of SAHA Istanbul."

“We currently have two different engines in the Owl series, one with 6 horsepower and the other with 12 horsepower. Our 17 horsepower engine is also under development. Although our target is primarily the domestic market, we will also export to companies we find suitable. In the defense industry, it is important not to be dependent on abroad more than price advantage, but we are at a level to compete with the world in terms of price.

"The most important aspect of Owl is that it is not dependent on abroad. We develop the most critical and strategic parts of the engine together with the companies we work with in Turkey. All parts such as the engine control unit, the power control unit, and the alternator, which also acts as a starter, were developed and produced with domestic facilities. We have reached the stage of mass production."

View attachment 40676
View attachment 40673

If the Turkish defence industry companies work together they could maybe pull a engine industry out of this, they managed to make looks like 2 stroke twin boxer moter. If they manage to make 4 stroke boxer egnine like the rotax, we are talking about ecosystem.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,058
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I know its in bad taste, but nows the time to hire Ukrainian, maybe even Russian engineers.

Hok. K.

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,740
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Language of forum is English. Please translate the main news when sharing posts in Turkish.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,695
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tümosan 540hp engine will go into serial production at the start of 2023. Tümosan 540hp engine mobility test will start in August this year on an armored vehicle(Probably FNSS). Tümosan named its 540hp engine Zeyna(Turkish for Xena) after the warrior princess Xena.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,695
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Alp Havacılık gearbox project is an old project, it goes back to the early days of TS-1400 but It seems like we are nationalizing accessories of the engine probably those are embargoed for a military version. The west sunk so low to even embargo basic accessories. Now it is also clear why a military version of TS-1400 was never mentioned before.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Alp Havacılık gearbox project is an old project, it goes back to the early days of TS-1400 but It seems like we are nationalizing accessories of the engine probably those are embargoed for a military version. The west sunk so low to even embargo basic accessories. Now it is also clear why a military version of TS-1400 was never mentioned before.

Japan produces the accessory gearbox, however TEI holds the IP rights. Due to strict japanese law on defense exports, I believe that may be one of the snags in militarising TS1400 hence why Alp havacilik is testing their gearbox currently.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom