Reactions
31 4,828
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's the fan and compressor section.
Looks fabulous. I wonder why they didn't show the Turbines?🤔
A few weeks ago, on a TV show Mahmut AkÅŸit attended, while he was explaining the parts of TF6000 on a mock-up he said that the sections that requires secrecy are produced out of proportion to prevent espionage. Maybe that's the reason why they have opted for not bringing the hot-sections to TEKNOFEST.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,814
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's the fan and compressor section.
Looks fabulous. I wonder why they didn't show the Turbines?🤔
General Manager of TEI Mahmut AkÅŸit Already answer to this question many times.
Answer was that shown mock up/pro type on FAIR are modified or missing some parts on PURPOSE.
He said because of Tech Security. Even he added that some parts are with different shape which lead to illogical/making no sense design

YeÅŸilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,265
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think Turkiye should be afraid. You may ask why?
Because foreign customers soon will gather together and directly will go to offense.
Take my money and we want you to deliver engine to us FIRST :D

It is sound like foreigners are eager more than Turks. They want it badly
I think the products that achieve a lot of export success should be regulated in a way that the success means more kit for the armed forces. I'm thinking of a way to 'donate' 1 out of every X system that has been produced for export. The number X can be adjusted on a case by case basis. Basically, if you have a mass produced (seri üretim) system, some of that should find its way to TSK.

Let's say armed Hürjet is a wild success and foreigners want the armed version but they want it in bulk, which I believe is not that impossible. Then for every 5 or so Hürjet that's produced, 1 has to be given to TSK. If it is costly, then make it 1 in 10. Before you know, we have one or two fleets of armed Hürjets taking the weight off of our F-16's and preerving their airframe.

We need something like that.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Question: What is the hp of the next power TEI diesel engine up to the PD225;

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Question: What is the hp of the next power TEI diesel up to the TD225;
20230128_202156.jpg

There is a post that Sayın Cabatlı shared in time

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 60715

There is a post that Sayın Cabatlı shared in time

I was testing knowledge of people, but you seem to have a cheat sheet, :cautious:.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is one sweet engine you can find many uses for; a civilian plane using a couple of these 305hp engines can cruise the world with 6 people on board, what a dream.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is curious is how TEI achieves the required air pressure level with a smaller number of fans than the older generations. Probably the low pressure fans are more efficient and the jobs of high pressure fans become easier.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is it only main fan or the remaining others as well?
The main fan is the biggest and hardest to make, as it is a big chunk of metal to manipulate in a CNC machine. The other parts are easier to make afaik, so all other compressor fans can be safely supposed to be blisks.

moz68k

Reactions
18 585
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
At Teknofest, I learned that there are very few kinks left to iron out before LRIP of TS1400 begins. SSB is pushing for max. 1600shp sustained, engineers seemed quite chill about it. Civilian certification will follow. Make of that what you will.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,278
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
Mahmut AkÅŸit:

"These motors attract a lot of attention from the world. Another request came from a foreign customer. They immediately ask, 'When will you start, when will you start mass production?'

We have foreign customers who want a quote for these engines from us. 'When will you deliver, how much money do you want?' We take the questions."

He also said that there are foreign customers who want to use TF6000 in twin configuration for their trainer aircraft.

It's an attractive alternative to existing military engines of its class. Adour lost its momentum to extend its relevance in the market since Mk 821 and Mk 951 variants didn't see any adoptions in great numbers, TFE731 is an old design and F124/F125 is subject to ITAR. AI-222/322 is still a very attractive choice but its future prospects largely depend on the outcome of the ongoing war. AI-222 variants manufactured by Russia are out of question and the state of development of Chinese WS-17 is unclear.

So if a potential customer wants an engine that Is ITAR free, all that TEI needs to do is beat Ivchenko Progrsss on their bid. Even if a customer doesn't mind ITAR limitations and F124 is their prime choice, TEI could possibly out-bid Honeywell with better offers.

Though they should also keep in mind that other players are entering the market and it's not just their cake to eat.

Could it be Aermachhi M-346 or Taiwan's F-CK-1 ?
No and no. Why would they replace perfectly fine F124 and F125?

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
At Teknofest, I learned that there are very few kinks left to iron out before LRIP of TS1400 begins. SSB is pushing for max. 1600shp sustained, engineers seemed quite chill about it. Civilian certification will follow. Make of that what you will.
SSB made a big mistake for not supporting TEI TS 3000 4 years ago

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
SSB made a big mistake for not supporting TEI TS 3000 4 years ago

In prioritization plans, the importance of having domestic axial type turbofan engines may have been seen as more essential. With Tf6000/10000, both Kızılelma and Anka-3/4, which are nearing the end of their development phase will be answered and it will also be a test-bed for KAAN's more powerful engine program. In this way, unlike TS1400, the first military type gas turbine engine with an axial compressor technology will be gained. Qs a result of this program, A 3000-3500hp turboshaft engine will be developed from the core of TF6000. In other words, we can say that TEI aims to kill many birds with one stone.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,202
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Isn't TF6000 and even preliminary work being done by TEI for TF35000 made by their initiative and their own resources because of SSB's continued indecisiveness?

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No and no. Why would they replace perfectly fine F124 and F125?
Who might be the foreign customer wants to put TF6K to twing engine trainer aircraft then. The F124 is used in almost all twin-engine trainer aircraft.Just China comes to my mind .As far as I know they are the only ones who don't use F124 on their twin engine aircraft and need an engine in this class.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom