AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I have seen the video previously and I was irritated due to the fact that it was filmed inside a hall. Especially because the video producer doesn't reveal to many information about his whereabouts.

The Engine is definitely the one planned to be used in the ÖMTTZA project from FNSS PARS III 6x6 and 8x8 Vehicles.

Tümosan started this development with the help Tübitak in the year 2012 under the New Generation Diesel Engine Development program. From 155HP to 1000HP

> They had an Engine wich was an 6.8 V6 with approximately 450HP, First Ignition of that Engine back in 2016.

>But I assume they deemed it insufficent so they further developed the 7.8 V6 with 530HP and this is the one they're going with.

View attachment 13697

>SSB saw the improvements and signed a contract with FNSS and Tümosan in 25.12.2019

View attachment 13698
View attachment 13699

> So Timeline wise the The CEO Hilmi Tosun said that at the time (03.10.2020) they are in the 14th Month of development and they planned for 36 Months.
Logically they are aiming for 01.07.2022

The Source is a promotional Video from Tümosan at the 20 Minute mark.

> To add to that CEO of FNSS said in 05.2020:
The creation of a 450 horsepower, then 550 horsepower engine will occur perhaps at the end of the year, maybe a little earlier. We anticipate entering vehicle deliveries and even 6x6 and 8x8 vehicle tests with this engine. This will be in 2021. We will be able to show an armored vehicle with a domestic engine in 2021

- Which implies that the timeframe of 36 Months -> 07.2022 is very well valid. A bummer I assumed that deliveries might occur earlier.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another interesting Fact is that Tümosan Engineers are located in Istanbul in the R&D department and the Factory is in Konya
-> They only have 100+ Engineers.

Same with BMC POWER who has according to Osman Dur about 150 Engineers.
they will use the 450hp local engines.. 530hp is a different one or this one.. they talked about it in IDEF 19 too but tried to keep secret this 450hp one when the journalist asked about it. Zma-15 modernization will also use Tumosan engine that in Idef they didnt want to talk about it..
see 2:06

Last edited:

yakusha

Reactions
Website
www.turkdefence.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
BMC Power - Azra 600hp engine

EuLVFzIXYAMJ9Zk.jpeg

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,743
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Interesting, in the begin he wanted to start a project. No more theory but really design a engine, but what kind answer they gived to him. Like back in the days, ther was no really ambition in Turkish people. I am talking about everyone, ther was no trust in our self. Inferiority complex was a thing among us, 24 year later ther is a light :LOL: . If ther was maybe 10 people at least like him, ther would be project started back in the days.
No inferiority complex, you just didn't have anyone willing to take the chance. Just like how producing isn’t worth it, just buy from chinese and sell as retail earn your 15-20% from consumer. Our economy in the past didn’t even have room to breathe. We always have leader who suffer from some kind of complex, coup upon coup, even Adnan Menderes had his complexes, though he did great things, bit his complex got in the way.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

"We have some studies on TEI-TS3000. In fact, a larger engine than that is currently being spoken. It has not started officially, but it has preliminary work. "

I don't understand this translation fully. Is this larger engine a different engine than the TS3000?
Even bigger means like 4500hp to me as there are turboprops of that power on planes. But it can as well mean 3500hp as the Atak 2 needs such an engine. So what are we supposed to dream of now?

Let's say we want to follow the recent trends in helicopter making and improve the 3000hp by 20% which means 3600hp, this is still a good target and can give us many possibilities for deployments. From Atak 2 to high lift helicopters including 3 engine ones if needed. They can also be considering deriveing such an engine to power marine platforms as well which makes sense.

A

adenl

I don't think the T929 needs that much power. 2x 3000 hp is more than enough. We'll see what time tells. (I often repeat this because it is literally a matter of when, not if Turkey develops more and more engines and newer technologies)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think the T929 needs that much power. 2x 3000 hp is more than enough. We'll see what time tells. (I often repeat this because it is literally a matter of when, not if Turkey develops more and more engines and new technology)
We still don't know the exact specs of Atak 2 as it grew from 8 tons to 10 tons and it still has potential to grow. We also have the 10 ton utility helicopter that can grow. Also possibilities of other helicopters including next generation compound models can kick in. US has increased their 3k hp model by 20% for their compound models that will be put into use in a decades time. You never know where the sweet of power will fall.

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think the T929 needs that much power. 2x 3000 hp is more than enough. We'll see what time tells. (I often repeat this because it is literally a matter of when, not if Turkey develops more and more engines and new technology)
Next gen choppers will have 3000shp engines. The US is even planning to replace the engines on Apache and UH-60 helicopters with the T901 engine.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,724
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bigger engine means more fuel consumption and carrying more fuel. But for sea operations you do need a powerful engine to be under the covers. For an Apache size helicopter a 2000HP engine should suffice.
Our army chiefs must have a different end use for the helicopters, such as quick acceleration, quick rise rate at full load, more useful load and better armour etc.

More power than 3000HP is reminiscent of c47 size helicopters or tilt rotor crafts like v22 ospreys.

Last edited:
A

adenl

Next gen choppers will have 3000shp engines. The US is even planning to replace the engines on Apache and UH-60 helicopters with the T901 engine.
Yes, but Turkey is not yet at that level (t901)

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,294
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Rotating Detonation Engine Technologies (page 23)
Roketsan is developing a combustion chamber for Scramjet engines. It has been announced that the lower limit of the developed engine technology is 4.4 Mach and the upper limit is capable of flying at speeds between 7.3 Mach.
Meanwhile, ROKETSAN announced that "Rotating Detonation Engine Technologies" can be used in Hypersonic cruise missiles.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,294
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Rotating Detonation Engine Technologies (page 23)
Roketsan is developing a combustion chamber for Scramjet engines. It has been announced that the lower limit of the developed engine technology is 4.4 Mach and the upper limit is capable of flying at speeds between 7.3 Mach.
Meanwhile, ROKETSAN announced that "Rotating Detonation Engine Technologies" can be used in Hypersonic cruise missiles.
Can you believe that Turkey is developing scramjet engine!

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom