22 18,829
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Law enforcement inspect foreigners in Bursa​

BURSA​

Law enforcement inspect foreigners in Bursa

Following the commencement of evening inspections in Istanbul at the start of this month aimed at detecting illegal migrants, law enforcement officers have widened their scope to include nearby Bursa province.

In a manner reminiscent of the operations in the metropolis, authorities conducted thorough inspections at 40 workplaces in Bursa, alongside rigorous identity checks. The inspections primarily focused on the Yavuz Selim, Arabatayağı and Çınarönü neighborhoods, known for their dense foreign national populations.

The coordinated efforts, led by the Bursa police, aimed to identify and address any migration-related irregularities.

During the inspections, it was revealed that six of the workplaces inspected were operating without the necessary licenses and tax plates. Consequently, these establishments faced fines, and two businesses received substantial penalties totaling more than 300,000 Turkish Liras ($11,100).

The decision to initiate inspections in Bursa came following a declaration made by Interior Minister Ali Yerlikaya. The minister had previously assured the public that efforts to detect and combat illegal immigration would be intensified not only in Istanbul, but also across all 81 provinces of the country.

Yerlikaya expressed confidence in the efficacy of these measures, stating that visible progress in curbing illegal immigration is expected within the next four to five months.

I think involving in criminal acts should means losing residency permit and have people deported. In case it's turks then fine and confiscation of property should ensue.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,829
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

2 months time... not good enough, should include harsh punishment for any who employ them even include losing residency permit and business permit.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,675
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

UK announces deal with Turkey to ‘disrupt’ people-smuggling gangs​

Home Office staff to support Turkish police in preventing export of small boats used for illegal crossings

On Tuesday night, the government announced the establishment of an operational “centre of excellence” by the Turkish national police and supported by the UK. The centre would aim to strengthen collaboration between the National Crime Agency and Home Officeintelligence staff based in Turkey and their Turkish counterparts, the British government said.

An investigation for the Guardian revealed in June that the Home Office provided more than £3m in funding to Turkish border forces in the previous year to prevent migrants reaching the UK.

The UK government said on Tuesday that it would deploy more officers in Turkey to work on joint operations. The focus of the joint operational centre will be addressing organised immigration crime and disrupting the supply chain of materials employed in illegal migration.

According to the Home Office, the export of small boats and boat parts across the continent of Europe in order to facilitate illegal crossings to the UK is a vital element of people-smugglers’ tactics. It said it is estimated that hundreds of small boats and boat parts are transported through Europe each year for this purpose.

The reinforced collaboration between the UK and Turkey will take centre stage at the forthcoming UK-Turkey migration dialogue meeting, scheduled for the autumn in London.

Last year Turkey said it had turned back 238,448 migrants at its eastern border with Iran. Video evidence seen by the Guardian shows cases of extreme violence and force used against Afghan migrants attempting to cross the border into Turkey. This includes the authorities firing live bullet rounds as people flee, including at the feet of children; beatings using rifle butts; robberies; humiliation tactics and pushing people back to the other side of the border.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,829
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'd much rather have they invest in better border control, with sensors optics and such that locates them. Also fingerprints, image, ID, tech that enables us to register these in databases that makes it easier for us to trace, and find and identify them if they manage to get in later on.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,675
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey doesn’t have a border security problem. It has a border policy problem. Turkish security forces are more than adequate to curb illegal crossings, it’s just that they choose not to use them in the east.

“Minister of Internal Affairs Ali Yerlikaya:

"We had a meeting with the Greek Minister of Immigration and Asylum, Dimitris Kairidis, on September 19. I said, 'We will not send even one person to you for a month, and you should not push even one person back to us.' He accepted. We told the Coast Guard to 'pressure.' We made a similar agreement with Bulgaria.

We sent two battalions of soldiers, gendarmerie, to the Greek and Bulgarian border. "Our soldiers turned their backs and became walls."”

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,544
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Turkey doesn’t have a border security problem. It has a border policy problem. Turkish security forces are more than adequate to curb illegal crossings, it’s just that they choose not to use them in the east.

“Minister of Internal Affairs Ali Yerlikaya:

"We had a meeting with the Greek Minister of Immigration and Asylum, Dimitris Kairidis, on September 19. I said, 'We will not send even one person to you for a month, and you should not push even one person back to us.' He accepted. We told the Coast Guard to 'pressure.' We made a similar agreement with Bulgaria.

We sent two battalions of soldiers, gendarmerie, to the Greek and Bulgarian border. "Our soldiers turned their backs and became walls."”

Letting that much people into the country is just pure treason. There’s no other word to qualify this madness. When justice will get back in Turkiye I hope that everyone involved in this absurdity will be in jail, the president included.

TsumugiShirogane

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Lmao, turkey will be majority arabs and afghans by the time Greece gets F-35s. Turkish economy won't afford to keep funding the Kaan fighter project, Erdogan should consider spending the budget on ummah refugees instead, their prayers will help more

Maximilien Robespierre

Committed member
Reactions
1 220
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is also the problem of third world students coming into Turkiye most of the Medical classes are full of arabs-Indonesians-pakistanis that didn't do any test but their families paid them to have that education.

Last edited:

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,933
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is also the problem of third world students coming into Turkiye most of the Medical classes are full of arabs-Indonesians-pakistanis that didn't do any test but their families paid them have that education.

Turkish students feel foreign in their own universities.

We hope you aware that DefenceHub has many Arabs, Indonesians, Pakistanis members.

Politics may be wrong, but personal expression should nt be offensive

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is also the problem of third world students coming into Turkiye most of the Medical classes are full of arabs-Indonesians-pakistanis that didn't do any test but their families paid them have that education.

Turkish students feel foreign in their own universities.
Well, all I can say is that universities are like that all around the world, filled with foreign students and have other criteria to measure a foreign student’s aptitude and conformity.

Other than that, it’s a mind booster to young minds from both side and help expand one’s horizon immensely to get involved with other cultures.
So, my advice to young people is to take this opportunity as a blessing, blend with other kids, remember that universities are places of no boundaries, which when implemenTed in any form obstruct one’s vision and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well, all I can say is that universities are like that all around the world, filled with foreign students and have other criteria to measure a foreign student’s aptitude and conformity.

Other than that, it’s a mind booster to young minds from both side and help expand one’s horizon immensely to get involved with other cultures.
So, my advice to young people is to take this opportunity as a blessing, blend with other kids, remember that universities are places of no boundaries, which when implied in any form obstruct one’s vision and enjoy the ride.

Yeah, that's the weakest argument someone can have on this kind of immigration. The best universities in the world actually do lecture in English nowadays, or at least partially anyway. But I guess you would have to see the actual insides of an actual university to understand the beauty and usefulness of it, to a country and humanity.

Some people like to complain about brain drain, no qualified personnel replacing those that are leaving the country, but do complain about foreigners at universities that do want to work in the country too.

Maximilien Robespierre

Committed member
Reactions
1 220
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We hope you aware that DefenceHub has many Arabs, Indonesians, Pakistanis members.

Politics may be wrong, but personal expression should nt be offensive
So? It doesn't change the fact that we have a problem with this too, Reality is often disappointing There is nothing offensive but the truth lies there.

Maximilien Robespierre

Committed member
Reactions
1 220
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

So, my advice to young people is to take this opportunity as a blessing, blend with other kids, remember that universities are places of no boundaries, which when implied in any form obstruct one’s vision and enjoy the ride.
So turkish students can't get decent education but some rich arab or Indonesian can get that?

Turks can't get to those universities even when they get It will be full of rich third worlders. If you support this I can't say anything.

I was in class at my friends university %90 PERCENT OF THE CLASS is made out of foreign speakers this should bother us?

I saw their whatsapp group they were racist against turks and were talking bad about the Ataturk as well, YOU KNOW WHY THEY COME HERE? BECAUSE THEY PAY FOR THAT NO OTHER PLACE IN EUROPE ACCEPTS THEM.

A Turkish student worth more than people who got there with money accept it or not.

Last edited:

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
So turkish students can't get decent education but some rich arab or Indonesian can get that? Who created this country them or us?

Turks can't get to those universities even when they get It will be full of rich third worlders. If you support this I can't say anything.

I was in class at my friends university %90 PERCENT OF THE CLASS SPEAKS ARABIC SO THIS DOESN'T BOTHER ANYONE? TURKISH STUDENTS CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THEM.

I saw their whatsapp group they were racist against turks and were talking bad about the Ataturk as well, these people are not our friends If they act like this YOU KNOW WHY THEY COME HERE? BECAUSE THEY PAY FOR THAT NO OTHER PLACE IN EUROPE ACCEPTS THEM. MONEY WORTHS MORE THAN OUR PEOPLE IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN COUNTRY!
Totally irrelevant to universal ideals of a university.
They are places of learning and enlightenment regardless of one’s race, nationality, ethnicity, skin color, creed, faith, gender.

If, on the other hand, your concern is for the inequality of education system in Turkey as a whole, I’m with you all the way and also will agree that education at any level should be free and universal, not a privilege.
Do not take it on “other” kids, though. search the source of problem somewhere else, first and foremost those who run our education system.

A Turkish student worth more than people who got there with money accept it or not.
Simple choice. I won’t accept it.

Maximilien Robespierre

Committed member
Reactions
1 220
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Totally irrelevant to universal ideals of a university.
They are places of learning and enlightenment regardless of one’s race, nationality, ethnicity, skin color, creed, faith, gender.

If, on the other hand, your concern is for the inequality of education system in Turkey as a whole, I’m with you all the way but do not take it on “other” kids. search the source of problem somewhere else, first and foremost those who run our education system.

Simple choice. I won’t accept it.
So Turks can't get that education but some foreigner can because they have the money?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,625
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
YOU KNOW WHY THEY COME HERE? BECAUSE THEY PAY FOR THAT NO OTHER PLACE IN EUROPE ACCEPTS THEM. MONEY WORTHS MORE THAN OUR PEOPLE IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN COUNTRY!

Amm...so let's say hypothetically, instead of accepting foreing student who pays for their education, universities starts to provide free education for Turkish sutdents who couldn't get scholarships but also couldn't pay.

Consequencetially, majority of Turkish students who couldn't pay for their higher education will not need to bother having higher grades to get scholarships because their getting the education for free anyway.

It will seriously harm the academic competitiveness and will have long term repercussions on the quality of graduates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom