Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,561
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well I discovered that the chassis of CATS posted by Ismail Demir as the latest version and the Aselsan brochure for DASS looks very similar. Do you guys think that CATS uses the same chassis but outfitted with different sensors/components? Or is it possible that those pictures are of DASS itself? Probably I have a mistake stating that it is the last version of CATS while it is DASS itself? @Combat-Master @Cabatli_53 @Hexciter
1604015460254.png

1604015507618.png

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619
Well I discovered that the chassis of CATS posted by Ismail Demir as the latest version and the Aselsan brochure for DASS looks very similar. Do you guys think that CATS uses the same chassis but outfitted with different sensors/components? Or is it possible that those pictures are of DASS itself? Probably I have a mistake stating that it is the last version of CATS while it is DASS itself? @Combat-Master @Cabatli_53 @Hexciter
View attachment 5153
View attachment 5154

Dass and Aselflir 400 are on the same chassis, they already have slight differences and are the same generation. What İsmail Demir demonstrates is that Cats and IR performance are disgraceful at high altitudes, so Cats was not used for years and the other two were trying to be improved. It's not about 10 kg of excess weight.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,561
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dass and Aselflir 400 are on the same chassis, they already have slight differences and are the same generation. What İsmail Demir demonstrates is that Cats and IR performance are disgraceful at high altitudes, so Cats was not used for years and the other two were trying to be improved. It's not about 10 kg of excess weight.
Oh it's Aselflir 400! o_O Better go and delete that comment so I don't misguide somebody.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,851
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Baykar's armed UAV shoots test target by using Turkish made Common Aperture Targeting System camera and Roketsan's missile​

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
SavunmaSanayiST: The main striking power of the Turkish Air Force Command; Block 30, Block 40, Block 50 and Block 50+ form the F-16 Fighting Falcon warplanes. Could you tell us about the latest situation in ÖZGÜR Modernization and AESA Radar projects, which are of high importance for these F-16s?

Prof. Dr. İsmail DEMİR: ÖZGÜR has now reached a certain maturity. We've tried it and it's fine, now we can say "Our F-16s are on the way to become FREE". The first implementation of the project has been achieved. After that, we expect the application to become widespread.

Work continues on the AESA radar. In a very short time, we will have attached the AESA radar to our F-16s, and these two studies were again the steps we had to take on the National Combat Aircraft. So we got it ahead. We think that the modernization of the F-16s in this sense and even the structural and avionics modernization will extend the life of the aircraft even more.

F-16 AESA Radar

SavunmaSanayiST: Dear President, can we see AESA radar in AKINCI before F-16?

Prof. Dr. İsmail DEMİR: We can see. This AESA radar will go gradually. The final phase will end after a few years, but the first models will continue to be developed and developed as in aviation.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom