Administrator
Reactions
110 14,684
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
T

This lander was launched by SpaceX as a secondary payload.
And it was made for soft landing.

Turkey's 2023 SpaceX payload is for hard landing.
Turkey's 2028 payload is for soft landing and to be launched by our own rocket.
Yes! Sent to space as a satellite by spacex. Not to moon. Spacex charges 50-60 million dollars for satellite rockets. The rest was done by the Israeli ingenuity!
Hard landing or soft landing spacex will charge a lot more than 50-60 million dollars to send a rocket all the way to the moon. More likely billions of dollars as they have already said in above post 309.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Okay if it's really 1.6bln € today, that way to much money for little scientific gain and mostly publicity.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,555
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Btw, my name suggestion for spaceman: GÖK-ALP

I hope they don't decide on an Arabic when they calling people for find a Turkish name.
glad that we manage to establish a tradition of give Turkish names to our weapon systems hope they will continue this tradition and GÖK-ALP is a very good suggestion

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The budget is announced to be ₺2.1bn

Correction: This number is the money invested in the industry so far, the actual budget is said to be $50mn when combined with the budgets of related institutes. However every project in the space program will have their own budgets. So there is shortage of budgets, every project will be funded to completion.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
To my surprize, I have reviewed the video and he really says that in 2023 we will use our own hybrid rocket to send a hard lander to the Moon, bravo. So there is a reason to hold our breath in the short term as well.

Edit: The main rocket will be SpaceX and the second stage will be Turkish made, while in 2028 all stages will be Turkish made.

Last edited:
D

dBSPL

Since I am from India,maybe I can give you info.
Basically last year India's vikram lander hard landed and crashed to the moon surface,due to communication problem(can't give exact reason because ISRO is ultra secretive about the stuff for whatever reasons)
India would send another landing mission in this year.
Basically you need to perform Trans-lunar insertion to get into the orbit of the moon with a particular angle of ejection i forget the angle but I guess 45° w.r.t moon after you successfully inserted the spacecraft to Moon's orbit
View attachment 13832
You need to perform retrograde burn and decrease your ΔV so that you successfully descend to the surface to the moon,its very complex thing.

India's lander reached at 2km from the surface of the moon is when suddenly ISRO suffered communication problem(Open information).
Even in its current form, the program has made impressive progress. In addition, India's achievement has other meanings than that of the United States, Soviets or China. ISRO's success is a role model for developing countries' space missions.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Elon Musk’s company , estimates the cost of a flight with spacex rocket to moon to be between 5-10 billion dollars!
I think you are the one who needs to do homeworking!
I give you references! You are empty talk!
You gave the link of Boeing and you didn't know what was saying in it. I didn't make allegations like you did and make a fool of myself.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
110 14,684
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
You gave the link of Boeing and you didn't know what was saying in it. I didn't make allegations like you did and make a fool of myself.
What Boeing link are you talking about? And why do you think anybody made a fool of themselves!!
If you check the link it says:
quote:
In September, Musk said the rocket for the Moon trip, which is currently scheduled for a 2023 launch, will probably cost $5 billion to develop but could run SpaceX as much as $10 billion in total.
unquote.
So Iam not quite sure what you are talking about!

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 976
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
SpaceX charges about 100m$ for falcon heavy, If They plan to have their boosters back. It does not matter where we are going. It is pretty much that simple.

SpaceX or any other company is gonna charge billions If They are sending passengers to Moon. You need more than a couple Falcon heavy launches to send passengers to Moon and get back.

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
Ukraine has lots of space technologies (hey build first stage of Antares rocket, they have excellent RD-120 and RD-843 engines). Considered very high level of Turkey-Ukraine relationships I bet Ukrainians will be heavily involved in this program.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

It might not even be the 300 million budget originally thought. No way the agency can complete these projects with such little funding.

TUA budget is used mainly for planning purposes. When you count in the how much companies and institutions contribute to space program, budget is actually much higher. Tübitak Uzay, Roketsan, Aselsan, TAI etc. are all contributing to budget with their own internal resources which is undisclosed.

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
110 14,684
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
TUA budget is used mainly for planning purposes. When you count in the how much companies and institutions contribute to space program, it is actually much higher. Tübitak Uzay, Roketsan, Aselsan, TAI etc. are all contributing to budget with their own internal resources which is disclosed.
With a budget of 5.4 million dollars we couldn’t even carry the rockets to their launch pads. That budget figure is either wrong or for something else. Taking in to account the amount of test rockets fired and the work put in to the project by all participant companies, actual budget must be well in excess of few hundred million dollars.

ps. I guess you meant “undisclosed” (not known)

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Et3BwK9XIAAlH1m.jpg

DELTA-V SORS altitude is 100-150km

Constan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TBH I'm not buying TUA plan. Everything will be ready in 2023 and guess what we have in 2023 ? Yeah, the election.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
TBH I'm not buying TUA plan. Everything will be ready in 2023 and guess what we have in 2023 ? Yeah, the election.

2023 is centenarian of the Turkish Republic, that is what it's being headed for. If you look at most projects, that is the year in which those projects come into fruition, what a beautiful centenarian we will be having, I will most definitely be in Turkey during it.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Those who wish well for Turkey will be happy as those who do not will be sorry I am wishing with our space program. We have proven that we can and we will.

azaher77

Committed member
Reactions
1 1,688
Nation of residence
Jordan

EuAu5vEXcAQtAIv

NationalUzayProgram with the works it has initiated and extends its capabilities in this field to abroad.

The subsidiary of TAI, GSATCOM, made its first export with the sale of communication satellites to Argentina telecommunication company ARSAT in its second year. We will continue to work in line with the goals of # millispaceprogram with correct and determined steps in the space field of our President.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I've got a nice Turkish name for astronaut and I will only tell it if they make a contest.
It is not 10/10 but like 3/4 for popularity. Will be a treat for some people.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom