Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
March 18th? That's what they're aiming for. They seemed relatively confident too.
It's good that they're pushing the team to make it to that day even though it's not very likely. We shouldn't be obsessed with March 18th. It should fly when it's ready. I would still be very pleased if it flew towards the end of next year.

You gave excellent news about TFX (y) 👏

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
It's good that they're pushing the team to make it to that day even though it's not very likely. We shouldn't be obsessed with March 18th. It should fly when it's ready. I would still be very pleased if it flew towards the end of next year.

You gave excellent news about TFX (y) 👏
That's very unlikely. But I would be pleased too.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 972
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
My current job or my identity doesn't concern anyone and I won't be answering the question you asked. This is the third time I've stressed this thus far. I will ignore similar comments in the future.
Ok just for couriosity i asked bro calm down 🙃
To me is very odd that someone can visit TAI so easy even goverment politicans or journalist shoud not allowed inside . In area 51 noone can enter.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
To me is very odd that someone can visit TAI so easy even goverment politicans or journalist shoud not allowed inside . In area 51 noone can enter.
I'm calm man just trying to make a couple of things clear. TAI is not Area 51 and they're certainly not operating at that level of secrecy. The TF-X is an open source program at this point.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have a business card of Temel Kotil, many people have, I am not even in defense sector.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
is it AESA?

Thanks, at least this time, they answered.

Also, did you ask if they have any plans to reveal MMU before 18th March?
Most likely an AESA. And no the MMU won't be revealed until the 18th of March unless there is a shift on TAI's policies. There isn't a solid policy in place if I'm being honest... Depends on a lot of factors. So photos could still get released. But just be aware that TAI hasn't planned such thing. That order usually comes down from the top.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Osman-Okyay.jpg

Kale Group Technical Head regarding the TF-X/MMU engines

"Project TF-X will be the second 5th generation fighter aircraft to be developed in the world (?). Therefore, it is a very important project for our country. I can't explain enough how important this is. Having such a difficult technology will take this country to a completely different place. We set out to make a fighter jet engine, with all the rights to the engine of the plane."

"Here, we use Rolls-Royce as a technology resource. We established a joint company in Turkey. We have a partner company with Rolls-Royce, mostly ourselves. With this company, we have a concept in which nearly 400 Turkish engineers will be employed and the design and development work will be done in Turkey, with all the rights to us. In this way, we aspire to build the second 5th generation fighter jet engine in the world. We are still in talks with the SSB on this issue. We submitted the final version of our proposal. We are currently waiting for a decision. This is the point we have come to."

"However, as I said, it is a very complex project, a very difficult project. If it were easy, it would have done a lot in the world. Therefore, if we can bring this level of technology to our country, it is certain that it will be a very important reason for me to be happy."

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 50128

Kale Group Technical Head regarding the TF-X/MMU engines

"Project TF-X will be the second 5th generation fighter aircraft to be developed in the world (?). Therefore, it is a very important project for our country. I can't explain enough how important this is. Having such a difficult technology will take this country to a completely different place. We set out to make a fighter jet engine, with all the rights to the engine of the plane."

"Here, we use Rolls-Royce as a technology resource. We established a joint company in Turkey. We have a partner company with Rolls-Royce, mostly ourselves. With this company, we have a concept in which nearly 400 Turkish engineers will be employed and the design and development work will be done in Turkey, with all the rights to us. In this way, we aspire to build the second 5th generation fighter jet engine in the world. We are still in talks with the SSB on this issue. We submitted the final version of our proposal. We are currently waiting for a decision. This is the point we have come to."

"However, as I said, it is a very complex project, a very difficult project. If it were easy, it would have done a lot in the world. Therefore, if we can bring this level of technology to our country, it is certain that it will be a very important reason for me to be happy."
We should go with rolls Royce and kale partnership , but we should also task tei and trmotor to produce a fully domestic engine. If rolls Royce deal fails , we would not lose any time. and use our engines for next versions of our TFX. With expertise ,weay produce several engines to be used in many fileds.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,747
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is a slight misunderstanding here. He meant second 5th generation fighter with a suitable engine. Currently, neither Russian nor Chinese aircraft have a suitable engine technology for a 5th gen aircraft.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,620
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
There is a slight misunderstanding here. He meant second 5th generation fighter with a suitable engine. Currently, neither Russian nor Chinese aircraft have a suitable engine technology for a 5th gen aircraft.
F35 already has a suitable engine. And I think chinese are gonna have their engine ready for j20 and j35 in next 3/4 years.

Latest ws-10c ( equipping j20 currently ) has 4000 hour lifespan on per with GE f414 and has stealthier sawtooth exhaust feathers . Compared to Ws 10 base model, which started only with 800 hours.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
He didn't count F-22 as 5th Gen probably. It is stealth, yes, but it doesn't have sensor fusion capability, which is necessary for the 5th gen.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,620
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
He didn't count F-22 as 5th Gen probably. It is stealth, yes, but it doesn't have sensor fusion capability, which is necessary for the 5th gen.
F22 has sensor fusion capability. But not as good as f35. And if anybody don't count f22 as fifth gen fighter, it would be just ridiculous!
And also, along with that, j20 and j35 has sensor fusion capability.

His statement is likely to be just a slip of the tongue.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
i think he meant 2nd F119 class
F22 has sensor fusion capability. But not as good as f35. And if anybody don't count f22 as fifth gen fighter, it would be just ridiculous!
And also, along with that, j20 and j35 has sensor fusion capability.

His statement is likely to be just a slip of the tongue.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom