Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I will just quote a post from Secretprojectsforum (https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/turkish-tfx-national-combat-aircraft.13448/)
By "PringleiPrick"

"W.r.t. to calling the TF-X a stealthy F-15EX is selling it a bit short, in my opinion. I think you're right in terms of flight dynamics: similar thrust engines (Block 1), approx. same size, probably similar weight if we take into account TF-X' extensive use of composites. However, its tech will almost certainly exceed the F-15EX: built-in EOTS and IRST, DAS, larger GaN AESA, HMD only (no HUD, a la F-35)... At least, I hope it will."

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,620
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I will just quote a post from Secretprojectsforum (https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/turkish-tfx-national-combat-aircraft.13448/)
By "PringleiPrick"

"W.r.t. to calling the TF-X a stealthy F-15EX is selling it a bit short, in my opinion. I think you're right in terms of flight dynamics: similar thrust engines (Block 1), approx. same size, probably similar weight if we take into account TF-X' extensive use of composites. However, its tech will almost certainly exceed the F-15EX: built-in EOTS and IRST, DAS, larger GaN AESA, HMD only (no HUD, a la F-35)... At least, I hope it will."
i think, he was talking about an abandoned Boeing project where they they try to build an stealthy f15 with heavy ram paint, plus internal weapon bay and some other minor modifications, not the f15ex.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
i think, he was talking about an abandoned Boeing project where they they try to build an stealthy f15 with heavy ram paint, plus internal weapon bay and some other minor modifications, not the f15ex.
He is talking about F-15EX, and he is right

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
@MADDOG can give more information about missing parts.

BÜRFİS radar is the first that comes to my mind.
IRST, EOTS and other systems will not be present. Including the BÜRFİS system ofc. Some sensors will not be present either. I highly doubt the HMD will be ready for rollout as well. These are all systems that are in active development/ nearing the end of their development.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
People, please keep in mind that we cannot take Rollout model as a piece for comparison (for subsystems), most of them won't be present

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Was DIRCM developed for TFX or for helicopters and transport aircraft?

Strategic Land, Naval and Air platforms will all have DIRCM in different variants. Naval and some land platforms will use Nazar series (Nazar-Kara, Nazar-Deniz and Nazar-Lite). Aerial platforms will use Yildirim variants. There is also another DIRCM development project called Dragon developed by Tubitak.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope they don't use UV sensors for MWS.. We should go for MWIR IR like DAS.
Update​
  • (KÖFİS project) IR-MWS: Aircraft Missile Warning System: The critical sensor of FEWS (New generation Fighter Electronic Warfare System)​
  • (NEFIS project) UV-MWS: Helicopter Missile Warning System: Critical sensor of HEWS-II (Helicopter Electronic Warfare System)​

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Update​
  • (KÖFİS project) IR-MWS: Aircraft Missile Warning System: I think It will be the critical sensor of FEWS (New generation Fighter Electronic Warfare System)​
  • (NEFIS project) UV-MWS: Helicopter Missile Warning System: Most critical sensor of HEWS-II (Helicopter Electronic Warfare System)​
These designations are killing me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Update​
  • (KÖFİS project) IR-MWS: Aircraft Missile Warning System: The critical sensor of FEWS (New generation Fighter Electronic Warfare System)​
  • (NEFIS project) UV-MWS: Helicopter Missile Warning System: Critical sensor of HEWS-II (Helicopter Electronic Warfare System)​
Noice, glad to hear that we are going with IR

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom