Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,877
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
So will they start production of P1 after CDR?

Acc. the now outdated timetable CDR was supposed to happen next year. But if I'm not misremembering there was a quote from someone from TAI saying the next 7 prototypes will be produced after the CDR has been done.

And they intend to start production on P1 ( which essentially should be the first "true" prototype) at the end of this year.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,045
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
When you make the system you know what every function does, you don't need anyone else to tell you how to control it. The manufacture of the plane will be working hand in hand with Turkish pilots and i suspect there would have been a back and forth over what works and what doesn't and eventually they will settle on the best outcome. Those initial pilots who are part of the development process will be used to train other Turkish pilots.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
With ATSS, Tf35K turbofan, APU, AESA Radar, landing gears, canopy, Tulgar HMD and ejection seat programs, National contribution of our institutes for KAAN MMU will most likely exceed %90s in Block20 version.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,561
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Do we have any information about İRİS-300?

I expect it to be 1280x1024, if it is 640x512 I would be really disappointed...

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
With ATSS, Tf35K turbofan, APU, AESA Radar, landing gears, canopy, Tulgar HMD and ejection seat programs, National contribution of our institutes for KAAN MMU will most likely exceed %90s in Block20 version.
I wonder what systems will be left to outsource once we make these systems in-house. Some computer chips and microelectronics maybe and raw materials that can be found as commodity.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Is there any critical thing in that 10%? Like FBW or Computers or 🕹️? Or even codes? I really 🤔 wonder.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,906
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I didn't get that 🤷🏻

Fly-by-optics​

Fly-by-optics is sometimes used instead of fly-by-wire because it offers a higher data transfer rate, immunity to electromagnetic interference and lighter weight. In most cases, the cables are just changed from electrical to optical fiber cables. Sometimes it is referred to as "fly-by-light" due to its use of fiber optics. The data generated by the software and interpreted by the controller remain the same. Fly-by-light has the effect of decreasing electro-magnetic disturbances to sensors in comparison to more common fly-by-wire control systems. The Kawasaki P-1 is the first production aircraft in the world to be equipped with such a flight control system.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Fly-by-optics​

Fly-by-optics is sometimes used instead of fly-by-wire because it offers a higher data transfer rate, immunity to electromagnetic interference and lighter weight. In most cases, the cables are just changed from electrical to optical fiber cables. Sometimes it is referred to as "fly-by-light" due to its use of fiber optics. The data generated by the software and interpreted by the controller remain the same. Fly-by-light has the effect of decreasing electro-magnetic disturbances to sensors in comparison to more common fly-by-wire control systems. The Kawasaki P-1 is the first production aircraft in the world to be equipped with such a flight control system.

Damn bruh thanks for the detailed answer. I can't imagine a Turkiye with vast energy sources. I think Greek reporter is really right to feel threatened about us. He really knows the history very well and he saw the potential even before most of us. I hope we can find much more resources both from Mavi Vatan / Ana Vatan

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Bro, i understand your excitement but to be honest, equipped with F110 TFX is not 'roughly' on per with F-22. (Not yet)

1. 2x F-119 has dry thrust of 52000lbf compared to 34000lbf of 2x F110.
That is a considerable difference.

2. Besides, F-22 has thrust vector control which gives it unmatched manoeuvrability at very high altitudes where horizontal stabiliser and flaps alone are not sufficient enough for high manoeuvrability.

3. Also unlike F110, F119 with its unique nozzle has proper IR stealth.
these days, the missiles do those maneuvers against jets, so TFX doesnt have to be that close, with its irst, it can fire missiles from long distance, or with its way better radar.

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

UcanTost

Reactions
1 108
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Stop filling this forum with your trash. Your post history is nothing but anti-Turkiye propaganda.
İm a tier 2 shitposter and its not Turkiye its TURKEY.

on a serious note; does anyone have more info on the engines feeding the ew suite etc?

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,561
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
İm a tier 2 shitposter and its not Turkiye its TURKEY.

on a serious note; does anyone have more info on the engines feeding the ew suite etc?
They are not related to engines, they are about the electrical/generation system. Iirc Temel amca stated that it is going to have 2x120kVA

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,045
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

Might have something to do with MMU's requested timeline by the army.

to be expected from our American allies who constantly work to inflame tensions in the region. They will keep arming them as they see fit to counter our internal developments, we should be developing a strategy that will allow us to take greece quickly out the game should a war take place. We should learn from the Russian fiasco.

When the war comes, we cannot make the mistake in it dragging out because the west will support the greeks much heavier and quicker against us then they do ukraine against Russia.

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
to be expected from our American allies who constantly work to inflame tensions in the region. They will keep arming them as they see fit to counter our internal developments, we should be developing a strategy that will allow us to take greece quickly out the game should a war take place. We should learn from the Russian fiasco.

When the war comes, we cannot make the mistake in it dragging out because the west will support the greeks much heavier and quicker against us then they do ukraine against Russia.
True, it's a matter of timing as well. Azerbaijan's timing right when covid-19 crisis was hitting U.S. and EU the hardest was immaculate. Any other time and they would have stuck their nose much further inside the conflict.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom