Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,538
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Bro I was going to ask that can you summarize the video for us but I couldn't find your name to tag you :D.It's nice to see you.

Well he says things that we already know, not too much details honestly. He highlights the will of Turkiye too build herself a strong aeronautical industry. The most important thing he mentioned however, is the navalization of Kizilelma. It will still require a lot of work to navalize it, lot of things needs to be reworked, like the landing gears, there’s no flaps in terms of approach speed, angle of approach, etc. But if we continue to work on it it’s doable so we don’t need to worry. Every problems has a solution (that’s what he said). 😃

godel44

Reactions
8 393
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
KAAN will have a comparable frontal RCS to F-22. I can't disclose the details but we are at a very good point in both RAM paint, RAM coating, and auxiliary items like RAM putty. The geometry of the aircraft and production quality already speaks for itself.
Is this certain or a guess? It would be far beyond my expectations if true. RCS of F-22 is tiny even compared to F-35.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,821
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If necessary, they should transfer the entire operation income of the Gabar martyr Aybüke Yalçın well to the SSB's 35,000 lbs engine project, this engine is the most critical stage in the phase our defense aerospace industry is in, a matter of 'okay this is the limit' or go on. Unless KAAN's engine is indigenized, it will be the Achilles' heel of the project

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is this certain or a guess? It would be far beyond my expectations if true. RCS of F-22 is tiny even compared to F-35.
Nothing can be guaranteed until you put the fighter inside the anechoic chamber and measure it but I'm very confident about what I said.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In Pakistan, there was an engineering group of over 50 engineers working on the MMU, led by an engineer with Lockheed Martin experience. They were actively working on the MMU project and making designs. Tusaş Pakistan office said that they will build and fly a scaled MMU prototype this year.

Pakistan has applied to Tusaş to expand the Tusaş office in Pakistan and increase the number of employees. The office and staff will be expanded this year.

He says that potential customers will start to show themselves after the first flight of MMU. In terms of purchasing, technical and financial support, etc.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,205
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
SSB did a very good job by advancing so many development work to fruition not leaving a single field unattended. It is better to have them progress to advanced levels togather than trying to make them into products relying on foreign parts as they complement each other. When the loose ends are tied we will have a national defence industry with a locality rate above 90%. The delays in question are tolarable delays as they stand now and when considered as a whole national defence is in good shape and is poised to make its jump to 90% within the next 5 years. We are on the verge of having radars on board and considering geopolitical consequences along with technological possibilities the timing of events will be arranged. I would rather advance in all fields at the same time than have major fields left unattended. It is only necessary to have them up and running before the water boils and not after. You open the top of the pot to relieve pressure and keep cooking until the meal becomes palatable.

moz68k

Reactions
18 591
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Trying to texture our hero Buchmaru's 3D model of the KAAN. I've UV unwrapped it, but I don't really know how to texture, so it'll be a learning experience for me.

Here's a preview:
mmu2.cleaned.jpg
Placeholder plain materials for now. KAAN's looks are definitely growing on me.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,890
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Trying to texture our hero Buchmaru's 3D model of the KAAN. I've UV unwrapped it, but I don't really know how to texture, so it'll be a learning experience for me.

Here's a preview:
View attachment 57322 Placeholder plain materials for now. KAAN's looks are definitely growing on me.
do you have the model's link?

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,876
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
A99CB2D4-80C2-4460-895B-3AF1595A3D1D.jpeg

Hmm the nose and cockpit shape of Tempest reminds me of someone……

Picture from @rotorfocus on Twitter ( don’t know if they took it though)

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,129
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom