uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,229
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was messing around and decided to ask a Chatbot about the difference between the UK and France's 6th generation jet and Turkey's 5th jet's capabilities.

This is what it gave me.

The UK and France are developing 6th-generation fighter jets, known as the Tempest and the FCAS, respectively. Turkey is also developing a 5th generation of fighter jet known as the KAAN.

Here is a table comparing the three aircraft:

FeatureTempestFCASKAAN
Generation6th6th5th
First flight2035 (planned)2040 (planned)2029 (planned)
SpeedMach 2.5+Mach 2.5+Mach 2+
Range3,000+ miles3,000+ miles2,000+ miles
Payload10+ tons10+ tons6+ tons
StealthHighly stealthyHighly stealthyModerately stealthy
WeaponsLasers, directed energy weapons, hypersonic missilesLasers, directed energy weapons, hypersonic missilesAir-to-air missiles, air-to-ground missiles
Artificial intelligenceHighly integrated AIHighly integrated AILimited AI
(The KAAN's first flight date is wrong, I know)

As you can see, the Tempest and FCAS are both highly advanced aircraft with similar capabilities. They are both highly stealthy, have long ranges, and can carry a large payload of weapons. They also both integrate artificial intelligence to a significant degree.

The KAAN is less advanced than the Tempest and FCAS, but it is still a capable aircraft. It is moderately stealthy, has a shorter range, and can carry a smaller payload of weapons. It also does not integrate artificial intelligence to the same degree as the Tempest and FCAS.

In terms of their capabilities, the Tempest and FCAS are both designed to be dominant air superiority fighters. They are equipped with a wide range of weapons and sensors, and they are designed to be able to defeat any current or future air threats. They are also designed to be able to operate in contested airspace, where they will be exposed to enemy air defences and electronic warfare systems.

The KAAN is also designed to be an air superiority fighter, but it is not as capable as the Tempest and FCAS. It is primarily intended for use in the Turkish air force, and it is not expected to be exported to other countries.

The Tempest and FCAS are both still in development, so it is difficult to say definitively which aircraft is superior. However, they are both very promising aircraft, and they represent the future of air combat.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

I asked it to elaborate on what led it to believe KAAN isn't as stealthy or isn't as AI integrated as Tempest and FCAS, and it answered.

There are a few reasons why I believe the KAAN is not as stealthy as the Tempest and FCAS.

• The KAAN is a smaller aircraft than the Tempest and FCAS. This means that it has a smaller radar cross-section, which makes it more difficult to detect by radar. However, it also means that it has less internal space for stealth features, such as radar-absorbent materials and shaping.
  • The KAAN is not expected to use the same stealth technologies as the Tempest and FCAS. The Tempest and FCAS are both expected to use cutting-edge stealth technologies, such as metamaterials and quantum radar. The KAAN is not expected to use these same technologies, as they are still in development and relatively expensive.
  • The KAAN is not expected to be as heavily invested in stealth as the Tempest and FCAS. The Tempest and FCAS are both designed to be highly stealthy, as stealth is one of their most important capabilities. The KAAN is not expected to be as heavily invested in stealth, as it will also need to be capable of carrying a large payload of weapons and operating in contested airspace.
It is important to note that the KAAN is still in development, and its stealth capabilities may improve over time. However, based on the information that is currently available, I believe that the KAAN is not as stealthy as the Tempest and FCAS.

There are a few reasons why I believe the KAAN is not as AI-integrated as the Tempest and FCAS.
  • The KAAN is a smaller aircraft than the Tempest and FCAS. This means that it has less space for AI hardware and software.
  • The KAAN is not expected to use the same AI technologies as the Tempest and FCAS. The Tempest and FCAS are both expected to use cutting-edge AI technologies, such as machine learning and artificial neural networks. The KAAN is not expected to use these same technologies, as they are still in development and relatively expensive.
  • The KAAN is not expected to be as heavily invested in AI as the Tempest and FCAS. The Tempest and FCAS are both designed to be highly integrated with AI, as AI is one of their most important capabilities. The KAAN is not expected to be as heavily invested in AI, as it will also need to be capable of operating without AI in case of electronic warfare or other disruptions.
It is important to note that the KAAN is still in development, and its AI capabilities may improve over time. However, based on the information that is currently available, I believe that the KAAN is not as AI integrated as the Tempest and FCAS.
In addition to the reasons mentioned above, it is also worth noting that the KAAN is being developed by a single country, Turkey, while the Tempest and FCAS are being developed by multiple countries, the UK and France. This means that the KAAN is not benefiting from the same level of international collaboration and expertise as the Tempest and FCAS. As a result, it is likely that the KAAN will lag behind the Tempest and FCAS in terms of AI integration.
Overall, I believe that the Tempest and FCAS are both more advanced than the KAAN in terms of stealth and AI integration. However, it is important to remember that the KAAN is still in development, and its capabilities may improve over time.

So what do you guys think about the AI's analysis?

Do you believe that KAAN might still be able to sell after the 6th-generation jets' entire production, or are you concerned that KAAN might turn into another Saab Gripen?
The comments by Bard isn't very useful. But in terms of AI integration I believe processing power will be an issue. We have some drones that use stuff like Nvidia components, but we are not capable of making such advanced chips and I don't know if we will want to use those. You may know one of F35 block 4's most important upgrades is TR3 package which boosts processing power significantly. In terms of being a system of systems and managing other drones though I think our system would work fine: we have more experience with drones than UK and France.
In terms of stealthiness I think KAAN in next blocks will be decent. The biggest problem with B2 bomber was how maintenance heavy the RAM coating was, which was one of the issues F35 solved, we may have such issues but our RAM paint has already been shown to be quite good at reducing radar signal returns. The engine, IR signature and maybe certain aspects of geometry would have room for improvement.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,649
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Do you believe that KAAN might still be able to sell after the 6th-generation jets' entire production, or are you concerned that KAAN might turn into another Saab Gripen?

No, by 2045 KAAN will be in service with 8-10 Air Forces in numbers.
Probably around 500-550 KAAN will be produced in various blocks.

However, (as some may think) it wont be sold like Baykar drones. Which are cheap and fall within tier iii capability spectrum.
Thus, easily accessible to countries with smaller budget and maybe not so friendly toward Turkey. (Like UAE and KSA)

On the ohter hand KAAN would be very costly. (I estimate each unit will cost around 200 millions with total package) and will only be sold to the strategic allies and reliable partners.

Last edited:

No Name

Reactions
5 320
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
The comments by Bard isn't very useful.
I know that, but it is still interesting, especially the part about Metamaterial being used for 6th generation fighters, I wonder if Turkey is doing any research on the matter.

But in terms of AI integration, I believe processing power will be an issue. We have some drones that use stuff like Nvidia components, but we are not capable of making such advanced chips and I don't know if we will want to use those. You may know one of F35 block 4's most important upgrades is TR3 package which boosts processing power significantly.
Semiconductors are going to be Turkey's new Engine problem in the future unless Turkey starts to make working on a solution to this problem fast, chips will be used to stop Turkey's independence.

In terms of stealthiness I think KAAN in next blocks will be decent. The biggest problem with B2 bomber was how maintenance heavy the RAM coating was, which was one of the issues F35 solved, we may have such issues but our RAM paint has already been shown to be quite good at reducing radar signal returns. The engine, IR signature and maybe certain aspects of geometry would have room for improvement.

Didn't Turkey get around that by mixing the RAM plant into the material used to make the airframe?

Samba

Reactions
2 122
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Developing a new gen platform takes at least 20-30 years. Consider first fifth gen 5 fighter which is f22. How long did it take for the rest of the world start to have f35 as another 5th gen?

Even if first 6th gen fighter flies in 2035, i don't think it will be common/relevant all around the world before 2050.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,649
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I think Türkiye should not be under any illusion that, oh look, how fast we are progressing on KAAN, yet how long it takes for the Europeans/Americans to develop next gen platforms.

It is not very wise to underestimate your competitors in general. But more importantly, this analogy of 20-30 year gaps for western platforms does not apply to today's circumstance.
Because both F-22 and F-35 were being developed after 1990s and throughout 2000s (collapse of the USSR) when united states was (and still is) the sole undisputed superpower of the world. And there was absolutely no need for hurry.
I mean, even today US air force would decapitate any air force in the world without F-22 and F-35 flying a single sortie. (Expect maybe PLAAF as they have over 150 LO aircraft in their inventory)

But now that great power competition is back, i think once again we would be amazed to see how fast US military industrial complex (with their unmatched innovation and resources) can deliver next gen platform.

The Same push that drove Türkiye to astonishing success for last 20 years is now behind the US military industrial complex.

And we can already see the sign of it.

As we know That the most hardest part of any fighter platform is its engine.
While KAAN's engine is still in the drawing board, two ground breaking next gen US adaptive cycle engines (XA100 & XA101) are running ground tests.

That's why i respectfully but strongly disagree with @dBSPL when he predicted that, Türkiye would field first 6th gen platform before USA.

Last edited:

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,864
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think Türkiye should not be under any illusion that, oh look, how fast we are progressing on KAAN, yet how long it takes for the Europeans/Americans to develop next gen platforms.

It is not very wise to underestimate your competitors in general. But more importantly, this analogy of 20-30 year gaps for western platforms does not apply to today's circumstance.
Because both F-22 and F-35 were being developed after 1990s and throughout 2000s (collapse of the USSR) when united states was (and still is) the sole undisputed superpower of the world. And there was absolutely no need for hurry.
I mean, even today US air force would decapitate any air force in the world without F-22 and F-35 flying a single sortie. (Expect maybe PLAAF as they have over 150 LO aircraft in their inventory)

But now that great power competition is back, i think once again we would be amazed to see how fast US military industrial complex (with their unmatched innovation and resources) can deliver next gen platform.

The Same push that drove Türkiye to astonishing success for last 20 years is now behind the US military industrial complex.

While KAAN's engine is still in the drawing board, two ground breaking next gen US adaptive cycle engines (XA100 & XA101) are running ground tests.

That's why i respectfully but strongly disagree with @dBSPL when he predicted that, Türkiye would field first 6th gen platform before USA.
There is nothing I disagree with in what you have written. My main argument is that the changes in modern combat aviation will provide great leverage for emerging industries investing in these innovative areas to gain a significant foothold in the future. So the advanced industries will of course continue to advance further, the variable here is not that, but the momentum of the lagging factor. There is a similar logic in all economic equations, there are advantages to being small, just as there are advantages to being big. The advantage of the smaller side lies in its ability to see these new trends and act more flexibly and aggressively. The US is still the US and will remain so for a long time to come. But Turkiye is not the old Turkiye in military aviation, it does not need to outsource all its needs. And since this development is taking place at a time that coincides with a paradigm shift, TR's progress can be expressed as logarithmic growth.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,586
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No, by 2045 KAAN will be in service with 8-10 Air Forces in numbers.
Probably around 500-550 KAAN will be produced in various blocks.

However, (as some may think) it wont be sold like Baykar drones. Which are cheap and fall within tier iii capability spectrum.
Thus, easily accessible to countries with smaller budget and maybe not so friendly toward Turkey. (Like UAE and KSA)

On the ohter hand KAAN would be very costly. (I estimate each unit will cost around 200 millions with total package) and will only be sold to the strategic allies and reliable partners.
-Temel Kotil said that the initial cost of KAAN is 100 millions

- we know that progress to a 5 gen aircraft will be in blocks therefore there will be sevreal KAAN blocks with differing technology levels appeling to diffrent customers

-Therefore I am quite optimisitc about the sales of KAAN not only KAAN but all sorts of Turkish Products from ordinary artillery shells to Manpads Anti tank missiles and Helicopters to corvettes to frigates to Unmanned land sea and Air platforms Flirs you name it even sub systems. Future is bright! The logic of Economy dictates that since we are manufacturing affordable quality.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,649
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
-Temel Kotil said that the initial cost of KAAN is 100 millions

The manufacturing cost of Eurofighter is around 100 millions. But guess how much is the export cost with total package?
And KAAN is a the largest 5th gen twin engine platform. It would be very normal if they sell each unit for 200 millions with full package. (Logistics, spare parts, weapon systems and training.)

-Therefore I am quite obtimisitc about the sales of KAAN not only KAAN but all sorts of Turkish Products from ordinary artilary shells to Manpads Anti tank missiles and Helicopters to corvets to frigates to Unmand land sea and Air platforms Flirs you name it even sub systems. Future is bright! The logic of Economy dictates that since we are manufacturing affordable quality.

While by and large I don’t disagree with you, but in the long run we need to keep in mind as Türkiye becomes developed country its products will inevitably grow costlier. (Also, more and more other countries are trying to make smaller stuff by themselves. Like manpad, ATGM and Artillery shells)

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

There is nothing I disagree with in what you have written. My main argument is that the changes in modern combat aviation will provide great leverage for emerging industries investing in these innovative areas to gain a significant foothold in the future. So the advanced industries will of course continue to advance further, the variable here is not that, but the momentum of the lagging factor. There is a similar logic in all economic equations, there are advantages to being small, just as there are advantages to being big. The advantage of the smaller side lies in its ability to see these new trends and act more flexibly and aggressively. The US is still the US and will remain so for a long time to come. But Turkiye is not the old Turkiye in military aviation, it does not need to outsource all its needs. And since this development is taking place at a time that coincides with a paradigm shift, TR's progress can be expressed as logarithmic growth.
Both Good points and I think you are kind of on the same page but just at separate paragraphs so I think Mr. Kotil’s words will help converge your points.
He persistently kept giving the Cold War example where both side non-stop developed design after design, even sometimes one project was put on drawing board while another barely had made the prototype phase. He, in his own words, tried to give a hint of what to expect from TUSAS and Turkish aviation industry’s pace at large in the future.
It was not merely an answer to the criticism of so many projects run at the same time but a wake up call, if you will, to all parties out there signaling a fast paced development phase for any kind of projects. I don’t believe that after crossing the threshold, namely KAAN, Turkish aviation industry and an entire ecosystem created can afford to come to a standstill for decades to digest the last product, again, namely KAAN.
Despite many missing components, Turkey is in this game now and slowing means falling down and not an option. Accordingly, it’s a necessity to start working on the next big thing no matter how far and unrealistic it might be.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Temel Kotil will make sure TAI are fed with ambitious projects on a continuous basis. He knows he will be tarred and feathered by his engineers otherwise.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,706
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I know that, but it is still interesting, especially the part about Metamaterial being used for 6th generation fighters, I wonder if Turkey is doing any research on the matter.
Highly Tunable Diamond Shaped Metamaterial Resonator with Varactor Diodes

A Low Profile Antenna with Ultra-wideband Low Radar Cross Section Characteristic Based on Coding Metasurface​

In this article, we propose a design of aperture coupled antenna with ultra-wideband low radar cross section (RCS) characteristics for X band applications. The RCS reduction ranging from 8 to 24 GHz has been realized with two novel artificial magnetic conductor (AMC) unit cells that are placed around the patch antenna. The AMCs have been designed with a 180 ± 38° phase difference within a frequency range in order to provide an effective phase cancellation. The proposed antenna's operating bandwidth is 8.9-9.8 GHz, corresponding to an impedance bandwidth of 9.6%, and the RCS reduction is mainly in the Ku band. The maximum out-of-band RCS reduction is 37 dB at 12.7 GHz, while the maximum in-band RCS reduction is 27 dB at 9.2 GHz. The monostatic RCS results of the reference antenna and proposed antenna have been investigated under both θ and φ-polarized plane wave incidence.

Comparative Analysis in Radar Cross Section of Low Profile and Conventionally Sized UHF SATCOM Antenna​

In this paper, we show and compare the results in radar cross-section (RCS) between metamaterial-based λlow/40 low profile tactical UHF SATCOM antenna, operates in the band of 245 MHz - 310 MHz, and conventionally λ/4 sized aperture. The monostatic RCS results of both differently sized apertures have been examined in the frequency range of the S-band, under both θ and φ -polarized plane wave incidence angle up to 60°. A reduction of one-tenth in antenna profile yields a considerable decrease in RCS.

ASELSAN's article on metamaterials and lowering RCS values

Investigation of In-Gap Field Enhancement at Terahertz Frequencies for a Metasurface Enhanced Sensor​

The arrangements of subwavelength inclusions in a metasurface can serve as an effective absorber for the terahertz region. When such an absorber is combined with a unique material, the absorption can induce effects that can lead to a change in the materials electrical properties. Vanadium dioxide shows a passive and reversible change from monoclinic insulator phase to metallic tetragonal rutile structure by using external stimuli such as temperature (340K), photo excitation, electric field, mechanical strain or magnetic field [1] , [2] . Upon absorption of the THz radiation, the high electric fields that are generated inside the gaps of the metasurface can serve as trigger points, as was shown previously using kV strength THz E-fields [1] . By designing a better sensor which takes advantage of this non-linear enhancement one can lower this value to more accessible THz electric field strengths. In this work by utilizing various metasurface designs we examined the insulator to metal transition in VO 2 when illuminated by THz radiation. Gaps whose lengths were varied as 0.5, 1, 1.5µm that are oriented perpendicularly to the polarized THz fields served as field enhancement centers. Single and double notched gaps are compared and their respective in-gap field enhancements are calculated. In the single notched structure maximum in gap field enhancement value is obtained as nearly 100 for a 1.0µm gap size. For the double notched structure in gap field enhancement values are almost the same and maximum is obtained for 0.5µm at nearly 180 for both gaps. The change in enhancement shows that the non-linear enhancement is highly dependent on the geometry of the electrodes for a fixed unit cell wall thickness. Such enhancements can be exploited in designing sensitive sensors in the low frequency THz region.

Cumali Sabah's study on the absorption of Terahertz wavelength radiation with metamaterials at METU
National platforms become invisible with ASELSAN

Haluk Görgün, Chairman of the Board of Directors and General Manager of ASELSAN, made a statement to the AA correspondent regarding their work on radar absorbing technologies and low visibility.

Emphasizing that "radar absorption" is among the subjects they attach importance to, Görgün stated that the scattering surfaces and areas of the existing platforms should be well determined, so that it should be well understood how the enemy radars can detect the platform, from what distance and in what way.

Görgün said that they developed a software called RAPID, which can be used only in ASELSAN, that can help detect this and then develop materials and dyes related to its treatment. Görgün made the following assessments:

"With this software, platforms that need radar absorption may have an aircraft wing, a part of its ammunition, nose, tail, we can analyze it and analyze what part should be prevented from appearing on the radar the most. Local and national, our engineers have developed and continue to develop. , we have software that gives talent.

After that, there is the issue of preparing the recipe for those regions and applying the materials and paint according to the recipe. Again, we can do this with our own analytical work. It requires a very serious talent, good material knowledge, optimization and engineering knowledge, chemistry knowledge, informatics and software knowledge. We have a unit where we collect all of these. A 109 man/year experience is throughout ASELSAN. 25 full time people have been working for this job for a long time. We are working with 5 different universities while making developments in this field. There are also about 10 companies that we are responsible for the development of paints and various chemicals and that we purchase services from.

We are progressing very well in making these analyzes for air, sea and land platforms, and in the development of materials and paints that reduce scattering surfaces. We are working on this for the National Combat Aircraft, and we continue. Similar studies continue for all other manned and unmanned platforms.

Working in NATO with few countries

Görgün also gave information about the works carried out in NATO in this field and said that a working group was formed to bring together the capabilities of a few countries.

Stating that ASELSAN also supports this working group, Görgün said, "Our competence and talent are also known in this working group. We take part in the working group with in-depth knowledge in this field, with experience starting from materials science and the ability to analyze it." said.

Görgün pointed out that these capabilities were used starting from the design stage of the National Combat Aircraft, "Because the platform may need some changes on its structural surface or the structural surface is okay, what will be applied there, what material will be applied? Because when you apply the material, you need to apply several layers. They also have paint, weight and budget. Works that need to be optimized together. As ASELSAN, we take responsibility for domestic and national platforms." he said.

In NATO project with special permission

ASELSAN takes part in the NATO working group carried out between the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Norway and Turkey for the development of the low visibility design processes of the Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle.

Within the scope of the studies, the model production of the vehicle has been completed, and radar absorbing material application activities continue. In the next 3 years, radar cross-sectional area measurements of the radar-absorbing material model, produced by establishing a new NATO working group, will be made by various countries. It is planned that ASELSAN will contribute to these studies, representing Turkey. In addition to the existing countries, the participation of England and Poland in these studies is on the agenda.

ASELSAN plays an active role in determining the scattering centers of the human aircraft with high precision with the RAPID software it has originally developed, and applying radar absorbing materials to the said areas. With the export permit obtained from the Ministry of National Defense, radar absorber material was developed by ASELSAN specifically for the studies. It has been shown that if the material is applied to the scattering centers of the platform, the radar cross-sectional area value can be reduced to one thousandth.
ASELSAN has a project to reduce RCS values with metamaterials. You can find this in the related thread I shared. We also know that ASELSAN can develop RAM coatings at NATO standards.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,706
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There were 42 members of our airforce being trained on F35s at Elgin airbase in US before Turkey was kicked out. Out of these 4 were pilots who were to train others back in Turkey. Having had training on a 5th generation plane, their experience would come in very handy and useful in the training of prospective KAAN pilots.
I don't think any pilot will usefully remember the training he received 15 years ago. The height of the flight clock is there to keep the practical memory high.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,649
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Afaik, non of Turkish pilots had the actual chance to fly the F-35. They were only trained on Simulator.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,135
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Afaik, non of Turkish pilots had the actual chance to fly the F-35. They were only trained on Simulator.

They flew planes and talked about their experience.

Closest thing we got to a Turkish F35 until the Americans took it away.

Think of your Ferrari thats getting taken away. Thats how it feels. But oh well we move on.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,693
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was messing around and decided to ask a Chatbot about the difference between the UK and France's 6th generation jet and Turkey's 5th jet's capabilities.

This is what it gave me.

The UK and France are developing 6th-generation fighter jets, known as the Tempest and the FCAS, respectively. Turkey is also developing a 5th generation of fighter jet known as the KAAN.

Here is a table comparing the three aircraft:

FeatureTempestFCASKAAN
Generation6th6th5th
First flight2035 (planned)2040 (planned)2029 (planned)
SpeedMach 2.5+Mach 2.5+Mach 2+
Range3,000+ miles3,000+ miles2,000+ miles
Payload10+ tons10+ tons6+ tons
StealthHighly stealthyHighly stealthyModerately stealthy
WeaponsLasers, directed energy weapons, hypersonic missilesLasers, directed energy weapons, hypersonic missilesAir-to-air missiles, air-to-ground missiles
Artificial intelligenceHighly integrated AIHighly integrated AILimited AI
(The KAAN's first flight date is wrong, I know)

As you can see, the Tempest and FCAS are both highly advanced aircraft with similar capabilities. They are both highly stealthy, have long ranges, and can carry a large payload of weapons. They also both integrate artificial intelligence to a significant degree.

The KAAN is less advanced than the Tempest and FCAS, but it is still a capable aircraft. It is moderately stealthy, has a shorter range, and can carry a smaller payload of weapons. It also does not integrate artificial intelligence to the same degree as the Tempest and FCAS.

In terms of their capabilities, the Tempest and FCAS are both designed to be dominant air superiority fighters. They are equipped with a wide range of weapons and sensors, and they are designed to be able to defeat any current or future air threats. They are also designed to be able to operate in contested airspace, where they will be exposed to enemy air defences and electronic warfare systems.

The KAAN is also designed to be an air superiority fighter, but it is not as capable as the Tempest and FCAS. It is primarily intended for use in the Turkish air force, and it is not expected to be exported to other countries.

The Tempest and FCAS are both still in development, so it is difficult to say definitively which aircraft is superior. However, they are both very promising aircraft, and they represent the future of air combat.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

I asked it to elaborate on what led it to believe KAAN isn't as stealthy or isn't as AI integrated as Tempest and FCAS, and it answered.

There are a few reasons why I believe the KAAN is not as stealthy as the Tempest and FCAS.

• The KAAN is a smaller aircraft than the Tempest and FCAS. This means that it has a smaller radar cross-section, which makes it more difficult to detect by radar. However, it also means that it has less internal space for stealth features, such as radar-absorbent materials and shaping.
  • The KAAN is not expected to use the same stealth technologies as the Tempest and FCAS. The Tempest and FCAS are both expected to use cutting-edge stealth technologies, such as metamaterials and quantum radar. The KAAN is not expected to use these same technologies, as they are still in development and relatively expensive.
  • The KAAN is not expected to be as heavily invested in stealth as the Tempest and FCAS. The Tempest and FCAS are both designed to be highly stealthy, as stealth is one of their most important capabilities. The KAAN is not expected to be as heavily invested in stealth, as it will also need to be capable of carrying a large payload of weapons and operating in contested airspace.
It is important to note that the KAAN is still in development, and its stealth capabilities may improve over time. However, based on the information that is currently available, I believe that the KAAN is not as stealthy as the Tempest and FCAS.

There are a few reasons why I believe the KAAN is not as AI-integrated as the Tempest and FCAS.
  • The KAAN is a smaller aircraft than the Tempest and FCAS. This means that it has less space for AI hardware and software.
  • The KAAN is not expected to use the same AI technologies as the Tempest and FCAS. The Tempest and FCAS are both expected to use cutting-edge AI technologies, such as machine learning and artificial neural networks. The KAAN is not expected to use these same technologies, as they are still in development and relatively expensive.
  • The KAAN is not expected to be as heavily invested in AI as the Tempest and FCAS. The Tempest and FCAS are both designed to be highly integrated with AI, as AI is one of their most important capabilities. The KAAN is not expected to be as heavily invested in AI, as it will also need to be capable of operating without AI in case of electronic warfare or other disruptions.
It is important to note that the KAAN is still in development, and its AI capabilities may improve over time. However, based on the information that is currently available, I believe that the KAAN is not as AI integrated as the Tempest and FCAS.
In addition to the reasons mentioned above, it is also worth noting that the KAAN is being developed by a single country, Turkey, while the Tempest and FCAS are being developed by multiple countries, the UK and France. This means that the KAAN is not benefiting from the same level of international collaboration and expertise as the Tempest and FCAS. As a result, it is likely that the KAAN will lag behind the Tempest and FCAS in terms of AI integration.
Overall, I believe that the Tempest and FCAS are both more advanced than the KAAN in terms of stealth and AI integration. However, it is important to remember that the KAAN is still in development, and its capabilities may improve over time.

So what do you guys think about the AI's analysis?

AFAIK payload figures of all specified aircraft are not disclosed yet. Also we have no dimension figures for Tempest and FCAS.

If I had an AI for a lawyer, I'd be walking to the gallows. Don't trust the AI.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,853
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
AFAIK payload figures of all specified aircraft are not disclosed yet. Also we have no dimension figures for Tempest and FCAS.

If I had an AI for a lawyer, I'd be walking to the gallows. Don't trust the AI.
I don't know if you've seen that but some lawyers already tried using an AI for a case and the thing invented a nonexistent case to use as a point for their defense (or something like that) 😂 There is really no point in asking questions to "AI" in serious matters, might as well use a magic 8 ball or read what is written in restroom stalls.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom