Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,189
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Looking at the recently published photos of MMU, i think it is being prepared for transportation.
Or else, why did they cover the edges and nozzles?
1st of May is the last day of Teknofest 2023, so i think the surprise will be, that MMU will attend at Teknofest 2023.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Looking at the recently published photos of MMU, i think it is being prepared for transportation.
1st of May is the last day of Teknofest 2023, so i think the surprise will be, that MMU will attend at Teknofest 2023.
They are covered not to harm engines due any foreign engine damage, and edges are easy to cut body parts ,they are covered to not harm people working around!

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In a nod to the F-35 rollout ceremonies, a large spectacle showcase combined with some of light shows may be in preparation. So the MMU is probably being prepared for transport to the ceremony area. Rather than the possibility of moving to Istanbul, a more suitable point within the TAI facilities, where hundreds of civilian, soldiers and bureaucrats will be located, seems more likely to me.

Regarding 1 May, I have two predictions, the first one is that there may be a development regarding the CDR process. The other is the introduction of a concept that could be a side variant of the MMU. We already know that the aircraft will be introduced to the public with a big show before the elections, I don't think the big surprise will be related to this.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
1st of May it is...

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 14.33.16.png

sorry for the translation lol

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1st of May it is...

View attachment 56771

sorry for the translation lol
So that, Labor Day will be a TAI's big trunk show. I hope it becomes a tradition in every Labor Day. Btw, a huge stage and ceramony area will need to be set up for the simultaneous presentation of so many platforms.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,398
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Somehow i am expecting to see Gezgin but who knows.
It will be interesting to see what they are gonna show us on 1 of May. They said it's about the MMU, which critical technology has not been revealed yet. Could it be gezgin missile? Sniper pod equivalent? 35 000 lbf engine? First flight?

It's also interesting to see how much information floods out to the public compared to nations like Morocco. The information coming out has improved in the last years however we have almost never in most cases heard anything publically from both the state or the military about procurement. Indeed Turkey has a lot of projects that are not revealed to the public, and one of them was the "Tayun". That's why I guess that when new news comes out means that Turkey has reached another huge milestone for such news to be published.

That's why I would not be surprised if the TFX would be flying on 1 May, who knows if the TAXI test of TFX was done before the published videos? I'm now speaking in general, and that could be any other project out there as well.

@dBSPL

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

buraktunahan

Reactions
9 366
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just a few days ago, we saw Atak II on the ground assembly line and TAI flew it a few days later.

MMU has been on the runway for about 1-1.5 months. And I think the surprise that TAI is talking about will be the first flight of MMU on May 1.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Temel Kotil, from his recent interview with AA, has confirmed that they're awaiting the completion of the testing infrastructure cluster (such as the iron bird) before commencing with the maiden flight of the TF-X. Sensible decision really.

This isn't the only reason of course. TAI will manufacture and integrate all the necessary equipments required for flight testing. This should also take time. In the next couple of months we should also be hearing about the now famous second prototype.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Combat Master over at Secret Projects decided to take a peak into ASELSAN's webpage.

1682794282110.png

To quote him:

TULGAR System is a helmet-mounted display system designed by ASELSAN for fixed-wing platforms. It incorporates digital night vision, color display, and precise head tracking technologies to enhance the pilot's awareness of the aircraft's capabilities and the mission area.

System Subunits:
• Helmet Unit
• Electronic Unit
• Head Tracking Module

Thanks to its advanced optical design, the TULGAR system provides a wide field of view and high-resolution images reflected onto the visor to support pilots during the mission. The helmet unit is made of lightweight composite materials and an inner shell customized for the user to provide an ergonomic solution to pilots. Active and passive noise-canceling capabilities prevent noise from the platform and other sources from reaching the pilot.

The integrated digital night vision capability of the system enables it to be used without requiring any changes to the helmet unit during both day and night missions.

The TULGAR System is suitable for fixed-wing platforms and is ready for use in challenging environmental conditions due to its durable design.

General Specifications:
• Lightweight helmet unit
• Color display
• Interior helmet structure shaped according to pilot's head
• Digital night vision
• Hybrid head tracking system
• Active noise cancellation
• Compatibility with wearing glasses
• 3D sound compatibility
• 40°(Y)-32°(D) field of view

Interfaces:
• ARINC-818-2 Video Interface
• Display Port Digital Video I/O Interface
• Serial Interfaces (RS-232/RS-485/RS-422)
• Discrete I/O Interface
• MIL-STD-1553 Interface

Physical Specifications:
• Helmet Unit Weight: < 2.1 kg (including oxygen mask)
• Electronic Unit (EU) Weight: < 5 kg

Technical Specifications:
• Power Input: 28 VDC (Nominal)
• Power Consumption: 140 W (Nominal)/190W (Maximum)

Environmental Conditions:
• Operating Temperature (EU): -40°C/+70°C (Fan Cooled)
: -55°C/+95°C (Climate Controlled Air Cooled)
• Storage Temperature (EU): -55°C / +95°C

Qualifications:
• MIL-STD-810G W/Change 1
• MIL-STD-461G
• MIL-STD-1472G
• DO-254
• DO-178C

3D Audio Technology is a technology that enables communication channels and voice warnings to be transmitted to stereo headphones with spatial cues in avionics intercom systems.
ASELSAN's 3D Audio Technology is based on HRTF (Human Related Transfer Function). 3D Audio is created spatially based on the location information of the warning and the head movements of the pilot. So the sound is transmitted as if it is coming from above, below, right or left.
Thanks to 3D Audio technology, the pilot's environmental awareness increases, response time and workload decrease.
Radio separation is created using 3D Audio. Communication channels are transmitted to the pilot from different angles so that the pilot can easily distinguish between channels.

3D Audio Features
• Real-Time Operation
• Radio Separation
• Directional Warning
• Global Positioning
• Reduced Response Time
• Reduced Workload
• Increased Environmental Awareness

Via Combat-Master

Special thanks to him for taking his time

Last edited:

hawk21

Reactions
3 100
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
The name sounds ridiculous to me.

Well in Arabic, İstikbal means a reception, or to greet or welcome someone. Could also mean to download something.

İt's Arabic word . Arabic countries could buy or invest in.

Yepp. I can see Arabs coming out to "welcome" it into their inventories.

In the west it would probably be translated as:

TF-23 Stealth Downloader

sorry, couldnt resist.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
The state has come a long way from the "3D mockup" days of shit-talking from it's neighbours. Creating tools of sovereignty and independence that are rapidly coming to fruition.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom