DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Kotil: "We're working on 6th generation aircraft"
All the things that have been said in the last two years about the MMU concept and doctrinal approaches, which would take hours to collect together again, but I will not repeat them as we all follow the thread closely: The framework that the MMU's whole concept wants to achieve is what the Europeans are already marketing as the 6th generation. In the 2030s, block by block, each of these capacities will be brought into the programme.

However, my understanding is that Kotil here also refers to the next stage after KAAN. Maybe a decade or so late, but the period when we enter the combat aviation indigenously, where major changes are taking place, will probably enable us to minimise decades of disadvantage in terms of experience, technical infrastructure and labour force. ANKA-3 is the difficult phase, KAAN is the difficult phase, but when we move on to their successors, there will be an extraordinary experience that we can build on.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The question is, is it a new project or will MMU evolve slowly to a 6th Gen with every new Block.

When we look at 6th generation concept of UK, we can see that there are many design similarities with KAAN. That's why I think KAAN will be evolved into a 6th generation aircraft with future blocks.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Kotil: "We have been developing engine (Tf35K) for 2 years. We will integrate it to KAAN in 2028. It will take a few years for qualification. The TF35K will have Ceramic technology but F110 does not. It will be a very powerful engine. There is also Kale group on the TEI axis (partner for Tf35K project (?))"

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kotil: Building a fighter jet engine is accepted to take 10 years under today's peace conditions. However, during the US-Soviet cold war period (i.e. a period of high tension with the risk of war), this period was 5 years. You don't sleep, you do it, it is possible.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Although it does not overlap one by one exactly, I think there will be a main backbone as follows

F-22, F-35 - MMU KAAN programme
Gripen NG like 4++ light combat jet - Hurjet Naval

??? - KIZILELMA
MQ-25, MQ-20 etc.- ANKA-3 A/B/C

MQ-4, RQ-4 etc - ANKA-II(?), AKINCI(?)
Reaper / Predator - ANKA-I , ANKA-AKSUNGUR, KIZILELMA
GA Mojave - TB-3

ther is no single country except USA with different platforms like us... :cool:

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
When we look at 6th generation concept of UK, we can see that there are many design similarities with KAAN. That's why I think KAAN will be evolved into a 6th generation aircraft with future blocks.
What is a distinguishable feature and capability of a 6th generation aircrafts? What sets it apart from a 5th generation?

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
TF-X early assembly phase

Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 00.16.45.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 00.18.39.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 00.19.40.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 00.20.37.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 00.00.18.png

Hurjet Iron Bırd

Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 00.22.18.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 00.23.28.png

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,381
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
As per the CEO KAAN is capable of carrying 10 tonnes of payload INTERNALLY

Nice, it is even 500-700kg more than F-22. Makes sense though, KHAAN is bigger.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As per the CEO KAAN is capable of carrying 10 tonnes of payload INTERNALLY
How can it carry 10 tons payload when the F15 the bomb truck with the same engines can carry max 7300 kg. And he said that the 10 tons capacity for IWBs?

There must be a misunderstanding.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,686
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How can it carry 10 tons payload when the F15 the bomb truck with the same engines can carry max 7300 kg. And he said that the 10 tons capacity for IWBs?

There must be a misunderstanding.
If he is talking about internal load then It should include fuel and integrated payload.
Externally it can carry more than an F-15 as it is bigger and will have more powerful engines.

Top Bottom