Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,770
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
@boredaf Look what is happening. We’re giving one of our most critical project to China.
I can't fucking believe we really are this stupid. How on earth can they not see what's going to happen 10 years down the line? Pakistan is a failing state with enemies around it and only one they can turn to is China which is nothing but a slave owner if you ever get into their debt.

And even if we pretend that they won't let China dissect Kaan if they ask, including Pakistan is like covering yourself in gold paint, wrapping flashing lightbulbs all over and holding a sing that says "SANCTION ME!". Ffs, we are ruled by morons.

Last edited:

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,869
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hope is all we can do in 2023 Turkey. Wake up call to all, we are in the shit.

Coming to an air force base near you in 2037, with Korean engines!

Yeah with this the project will pretty be in life support until the mid 30s. Until then our Airforce will most likely still fly the F4.

EDIT: The ignore button is such a good feature and actually makes this place way more enjoyable when you can just ignore bootlickers who would even defend the sale of Istanbul. Can actually have decent discussion with people who look at this objectively (y)

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,869
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I can't fucking believe we really are this stupid. How on earth can they not see what's going to happen 10 years down the line? Pakistan is a failing state with enemies around it with only one they can turn to is China which is nothing but a slave owner if you ever get into their debt.

And even if we pretend that they won't let China dissect Kaan if they ask, including Pakistan is like covering yourself in gold paint, wrapping flashing lightbulbs all over and holding a sing that says "SANCTION ME!". Ffs, we are ruled by morons.

I will enjoy seeing the faces of those who defend this brainless move though once information about the performance of Kaan‘s radar, EW, RAM paint leak on Chinese forums.

not only that I will await eagerly the news of the US embargoing the project once Pakistan signs the dotted line.

there is zero arguments for this partnership. Pakistan is Tiers under us when it comes to manufacturing and R&D and they have no money right now. So please someone explain to me the benefits of this partnership for us and the Turkish Air Force.

I’m also against Gulf counties joining but I would rather see them then Pakistan atm cause at least they have money and lobbying power in DC.

My god that we even have to discuss such a move is ridiculous.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
My fear too is about likely embargo but logically US wouldn't embargo Turkiye for F110 engines. The platforms that engines are going to be integrated and country that the platforms (with US engine) are going to be used must be specified and guaranteed when obtaining permission for engine from US. In the future, if Pakistan gives a certain order for TFX for example, then embargo may be on the agenda for requested F110s, as it is the same case with LHTEC engines for Pakistan but not for Turkiye. In any way, Turkiye will continues on its course.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What will Pakistan put on the table? Pakistan will put cheap labor and scaled production capacity. I don't think we're going to give the radar. We'll see what happens with that.

There is no risk for Pakistan would take as it did not put any money on the table in this deal. If the project is successful, both parties will have a very good fighter for its price.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,770
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
My fear too is about likely embargo but logically US wouldn't embargo Turkiye for F110 engines.
But would they act logically, or would they take the chance to cripple the project by blocking the sale of engines altogether? With one embargo on engines they can set us years back on production and testing, and not just on Kaan but also on Hürjet if they choose to do so. We are giving them an ace to keep in their sleeve so that they can hold it over our heads.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,586
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
My fear too is about likely embargo but logically US wouldn't embargo Turkiye for F110 engines. The platforms that engines are going to be integrated and country that the platforms (with US engine) are going to be used must be specified and guaranteed when obtaining permission for engine from US. In the future, if Pakistan gives a certain order for TFX for example, then embargo may be on the agenda for requested F110s, as it is the same case with LHTEC engines for Pakistan but not for Turkiye. In any way, Turkiye will continues on its course.
Do you remember when we gave TB2s(or Mx15s destined for them) destined for DzKK to Azerbaijan for the war effort and Canada embargoed us? This will be ANCA's next course of action for the foreseeable future. We wouldn't do such a thing. But we did in the past because it needed to be done. They'll say that we'll do it again, I can hear Menendez speaking the exact words.

No Name

Reactions
5 312
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
No matter what, the KAAN fighter was going to be compromised, as Turkey had no one to sell it to from the very start.

The Gulf states are Turkey's region rivals, the Europeans won't buy Turkish fighters no matter what the same for the Western ally Asian countries.

That said the may problem with Pakistan isn't just China as it isn't a military threat to Turkey but India.
The Indians are going to be the 3rd largest economy in the world soon angering them isn't a good idea as it might lock us out of a lucrative economic opportunity and cause US Indians to lobby against Turkey.

is it clear that they are going to operate the KAAN fighter, or is it possible that they will just supply manufactured parts for the project?

is it possible that a less capable version of the fighter is sold to Pakistan if it buys the fighters?

finally, does anyone think that this will affect the Turkic states' willingness to join the project?

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,770
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I believe the deal is Visa-free travel to Turkey for Pakistanis in return for Pakistani engineers working on KAAN.

Pak-Turk Friendship Zindabad View attachment 59863 View attachment 59864

View attachment 59861 View attachment 59862
Please spare us the sentimental stuff, we have no business aligning ourselves with a failing state that is the pocket of China and on the shit list of countries that can cripple Kaan with one move. We don't have the capital or the power to do that, no matter how we would like to imagine ourselves. A project this critical should have nothing to do with them.

Last edited:

Aqerdf

Reactions
5 218
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Partly relative,

PRC was conducted cyber-espionage efforts (or tried to) against our Müren CMS (or relative info to Müren) few months ago...

Last edited:

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
On the fact that China can do what ever it wants with Pakistan. Remember that we’re talking about the Chinese. Their eagerness to copy, steal, and learn foreign critical tech is well known, they’re not even hiding it. Will be a good opportunity for them if they can get their hands on Kaan for sure.

Based on they f ing leaked Blackhawk helicopter knowledge to China !!!????

Using that logic , Turkey shouldn't trust anyone including Azerbaijan . What would guaranty that Azerbaijan won’t leak KAAN technology and information to Israel ? Israel friendship with Azerbaijan is deep and they sold them critical weaponry even before Turkey did .

I hope you don’t say ( brotherhood and turkic history etc ) . Just let me remind you with 2023 election beef between KK and Aliyev regarding Iran corridor .

International relation is complicated but the number 1 rule is nothing last forever

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The world is on the eve of significant changes. Note August 22nd. The flare will be fired there. The world financial system, especially dollarization, may experience significant shock waves in the coming period. Forget linear growth projections and world economic forecasts for the 2050-2070s. The road is full of pitfalls and obstacles, and very few of those supposedly promising countries will make it to the finish line as predicted.

You need those African countries that you consider unimportant, where you have an officer stage a coup every 10 years on a Sunday morning. Because without that country, you will not have fuel rods for your power plants, your industry will not have the advantage of raw materials, and you will not keep their gold reserves in your own vault. You need it, you have to ensure it through cooperation, even if it cannot happen in a system of exploitation. TR is not a fully developed economy. But if the goal is to reach that finish line, we have to see which way the world is evolving. Economy, energy and food security, national security in the context of military capabilities... You can look at it from many different perspectives, you can't get everything by only fighting.

Regarding the KAAN project, I am not against opening this project to Azerbaijan and Pakistan. In fact, I am in favor of 'absolutely and positively' including Indonesia and secondarily Malaysia in this project in some way, through significant ToT agreements if necessary. We can also add some emerging economies of south/east Asia and the Latin region. And as far as I can see, the KAAN program (I'm talking about the whole concept, not just the aircraft itself) is on its way to becoming a euro-asian funded project. A security bond is the most lasting way to build a bond of trust. Sometimes it will not be enough to fight for yourself, you must also be able to liberate your friend.

TLDR, issues need to be approached holistically. Turkiye's indigenization efforts in aerospace and creating whole brand new independent*(as much as it can) industry are not the only necessary need to be done. There are issues such as energy, food security, macroeconomic stability. And even reaching up to the 'balance of terror' (you know what I mean) under the heading of Defense. There are some ways to accelerate these steps in a coordinated way. Or you can try to tackle them one by one with your limited resources and capacity: and all alone, ignoring the fact that you are blocked at every turn by those with whom you are formally allied.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom