what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,058
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Colour me shocked. Do you think there are plans for a naval version of Hürjet, or, a new (maybe smaller) naval TF-X, since we seem to be chasing this dragon come hell or high water.

I think that's exactly what Kotil said, if I'm not mistaken, that Hürjet will be made carrier capable.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,283
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
What's the point of a AC that can't use its prime Fighter Jet and has to use 4th Gen Fighter?
We always make the same mistakes over and over again.
We get so carried away so that we start comparing Türkiye's capability with leaders in some areas of defence industry.
We're only just starting while the US, Britain, France have had decades of maturity in the field of aviation. Basically since the beginning of manned flight.
You can't expect us to magically develop something as sophisticated as the F-35 with its three variants in our first go.
Besides, our sole "aircraft carrier" was not meant for fixed wing aircraft initially, but mainly helicopters and VTOL like the F-35B. You can't expect a Nimitz class equivalent from us. It's insane!
For the time being it should suffice. KAAN is a marvel and a miracle that we have gained the know-how in such a record time.
And we're trying to make the best out of TCG Anadolu by making it one o the first UCAV carriers in the world. If we get some F-35Bs in the future then hurray.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"İstikbal göklerdedir" is a very outdated claim, Humanity has already been in the air and space for ages. Come up with something better, like "Kaan göklerde" for the patch.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,544
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"İstikbal göklerdedir" is a very outdated claim, Humanity has already been in the air and space for ages. Come up with something better, like "Kaan göklerde" for the patch.
Doesn't make it outdated. Space is also part of the gök. This patch is for a Turkish audience and HvKK and TAI not using İstikbal Göklerdedir for the first flight of their first fighter jet is literally unthinkable. Few years later, Kaan will look lovely with Atatürk's signature, as is tradition with all HvKK aircraft.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Doesn't make it outdated. Space is also part of the gök. This patch is for a Turkish audience and HvKK and TAI not using İstikbal Göklerdedir for the first flight of their first fighter jet is literally unthinkable. Few years later, Kaan will look lovely with Atatürk's signature, as is tradition with all HvKK aircraft.
he is upset because another reason, and you know very well what that reason is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think that's exactly what Kotil said, if I'm not mistaken, that Hürjet will be made carrier capable.
Building a whole-ass carrier just for Hürjet? Don't know. This seems like buying a Porsche 911 Turbo S and swapping the engine to a renault one with 100hp.
As much as I think Hürjet will be more capable than people think and a nice lightfighter I do not think it is a aircraft you plan a carrier for your navy around.

Kaan is too big. Leaving the only option to either A. procure from another country (F-35B/C, F-18, Rafale-M, J-31) or TAI will develop a new aircraft.

There are so many question marks right now on this project, especially seeing how it won't get serious until we hit the 2030s. We can speculate but who knows what the world looks like in 10 years.

Bluetooth

Reactions
4 74
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The planning for aircraft for the carrier is more important than the carrier itself, I wonder if navy has proper plans for it.
Cooperation with Korea can be helpful.They also have carrier program and you have already worked with them for some projects.

Top Bottom