TR TF-X KAAN Fighter Jet

IC3M@N FX

Reactions
4 238
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI should develop an external stealth fuel tank for KAAN. This will minimize the need for air refueling and extend the range of the fighter.
That makes no sense....
In the future, a drone should be developed in parallel that only functions as a refueling drone.
It would then wait at a specific flight point and refuel the aircraft, which is simply much more efficient and cheaper.
A very Large Turboprob HALE Drone without any special features would also suffice, which only needs to be able to take off and land automatically and fly from A to B as a flight point.
Perhaps with AWACS features could even be built into the drone, giving it an additional function.
The pilot then simply enters the access codes and the drone refuels the aircraft.
This would allow the range to be increased dynamically and the fighter aircraft would not have to forego their stealth characteristics in combat operations.

Last edited:

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 372
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Temil Kotil sharing more good news
Domestic ejection seat is coming soon and rec9nfirms that KAAN will be delivered by 2028 to the TAF
God bless that man🙏🙏🙏🙏

TAI General Manager Temel Kotil:
>Turkish engine is coming to KAAN in 2028.
>We, as TAI, will also build the ejection seat. He will come before. It will be 100% Turkish made.

>I think that the chances of a 35,000 lb thrust domestic engine being ready in 2028 are extremely low.

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,487
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Like a flying Kaan prototype in 2024?
not comparable imo. I think the chances of a 35,000 lb thrust domestic engine being ready in 2028 are almost zero. Maybe the core of a souped up F110 can be ready which probs would be close to 35k lb thrust (considering what was achievable with F110-GE-132), but that's the extent of it.

duveil

Reactions
1 11
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
>I think that the chances of a 35,000 lb thrust domestic engine being ready in 2028 are extremely low.
That is the topic I want to learn more. If you think that it will not be ready why do you think of the technical limitations ? If you think we can get it ready how do you think we can achive that?

IC3M@N FX

Reactions
4 238
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't believe it either, at least a demonstrator/prototype should be available by now and it should also work and have a few tests behind it so that the schedule is realistic.
There is absolutely no evidence for this....
Just testing and certifying and troubleshooting both the hardware and the software of the engine is a matter of several years.
The pilot's life depends on it, it has to deliver full performance in both normal and stressful situations on the aircraft, the tests for material fatigue due to heat, cold and pressure alone are simply extremely time-consuming and not a matter of a few months.
And here is the talk of series production aircraft with Turkish engines from 2028, that is simply a lie I ask you .... don't believe every crap that is posted on Twitter.
The Turkish engine will come, but realistically not before 2032-34.
Until I get confirmation from KAAN from the manufacturer TEI, anything else is pure speculation in the realm of fable and a waste of time.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,191
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't believe it either, at least a demonstrator/prototype should be available by now and it should also work and have a few tests behind it so that the schedule is realistic.
There is absolutely no evidence for this....
Just testing and certifying and troubleshooting both the hardware and the software of the engine is a matter of several years.
The pilot's life depends on it, it has to deliver full performance in both normal and stressful situations on the aircraft, the tests for material fatigue due to heat, cold and pressure alone are simply extremely time-consuming and not a matter of a few months.
And here is the talk of series production aircraft with Turkish engines from 2028, that is simply a lie I ask you .... don't believe every crap that is posted on Twitter.
The Turkish engine will come, but realistically not before 2032-34.
Until I get confirmation from KAAN from the manufacturer TEI, anything else is pure speculation in the realm of fable and a waste of time.
TS 1400 took 6 years for first flight. I can't imagine KAAN engine being any less even with best case scenario.

No Name

Reactions
5 312
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
The fact that TEI-TF6000 hasn't even had its first ignition yet is extremely worrying especially since we no that TEI hasn't even developed all the materials that are needed for the 35,000 lb thrust domestic engine.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
TEI is not developing the TF-35000 engine.
TRMOTOR is developing it and TEI does assist them.
So why do you all compare the developement of the TF-6000 engine, which is TEI doing by itself?
The first priority is TF-35000, so since TEI is assisting its development, maybe TF-35000 is the first priority of TEI too, so they do not concentrate solely on TF-6000.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,191
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So why do you all compare the developement of the TF-6000 engine, which is TEI doing by itself?
The first priority is TF-35000, so since TEI is assisting its development, maybe TF-35000 is the first priority of TEI too, so they do not concentrate solely on TF-6000.
Because TEI is the only company with know how, infrastructure and experience to build something like that in the country and they are basically the biggest contributor? And because TF6000 is basically the tech demonstrator for kaan engine built by TEI?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,760
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Does anyone know why only 20 KAAN will be delivered ? Why not 50

for instance if KAAN with the GE engine can fulfill the role of F4 /F16 wouldn’t it be better to have more of them. While we’re working on domestic engine.

Especially Hürjet seems in particular danger of being shelved while we’re dreaming of 6.gen and such.

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 372
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Will it be easy to swap the F110 for the TF-35000 in KAAN airframes built using the F110?

If that is the case, does it matter so much if initial batches of KAAN have to be fitted with the F110? Ideally it would be better to fit all production KAAN with TF-35000 but if the engine is not ready in 2028, KAAN production could still be undertaken using F110 until the TF-35000 is available. KAAN aircraft fiited with F110 could be refitted with TF-3500 at a later point (and the engines removed could be modified for re-use in F-16)

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,760
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
That is also what I thought. People are more into R&D than atually having new modern combat redy vehicles in the armed forces.

Denmark is literally bareboned, but our politicians are typically avoiding adressing it.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,521
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France

If I’m not mistaken, TRMotor is tasked to design the TF-35000 and TEI to built all the the necessary part and build it.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,747
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do you have a source on that? Because that sounds dubious to me. And if that is true, we are truly fucked. Because not only TRMotor has no experience designing anything more than power units for engines, but also its 2024 and they have fuck all to show but some generic cgi motors on their website and videos.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do you have a source on that? Because that sounds dubious to me. And if that is true, we are truly fucked. Because not only TRMotor has no experience designing anything more than power units for engines, but also its 2024 and they have fuck all to show but some generic cgi motors on their website and videos.

According to your logic, BMC Power should not be able to produce all engine prototypes, which they did already produce and are currently testing.

Reactions
2 75
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The only reason for the establishment of TRmotor is that half of TEI is owned by GE. In order to have an engine that is 100% owned by Turkey, TRmotor should produce it, not TEI. In fact, TEI will do the work, but officially it will look like TRmotor is doing it.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom