Canal Istanbul?

• Total voters

emrachi

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bypassing the agreement is to annul the agreement, if that is the plan (which has been rejected / denied by our government) than I agree. This is what I've been writing all the time.

With Lausanne treaty in craft the canal makes no sense. Either you change / annul the treaty or don't waste a lot of money on the canal.
Construction of the Canal will take time project can already start. The treaty can be adjusted when the conjuncture allows it you need to do it in most appropriate moment timing is important.

emrachi

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Similar discussions were made about changing Hagia Sophia to a mosque alot of random and influential people were claiming it is impossible pointing the fact there will be severe backlash but you know Erdo just did it and nothing happenend the rest is history. I can imagine the same fate for this super duper treaty which is suppose to be untouchable.

Last edited:

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,513
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Similar discussions were made about changing Hagia Sophia to a mosque alot of random and influential people were claiming it is impossible pointing the fact there will be severe backlash but you know Erdo just did it and nothing happenend the rest is history. I can imagine the same fate for this super duper treaty which is suppose to be untouchable.
Complete different and unrelated subject.

I was one of the persons against turning the Aya Sofya from museum into a mosque.

Why? Because right across the Aya Sofya you have the Sultan Ahmet mosque. There was no technical need for a second mosque, pure political decision while Aya Sofya was an important tourist attraction.

I regard the canal also in technical need and technically without abolishing Lousanne treaty it becomes an ultra expensive unnecessary

emrachi

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Complete different and unrelated subject.

I was one of the persons against turning the Aya Sofya from museum into a mosque.

Why? Because right across the Aya Sofya you have the Sultan Ahmet mosque. There was no technical need for a second mosque, pure political decision while Aya Sofya was an important tourist attraction.

I regard the canal also in technical need and technically without abolishing Lousanne treaty it becomes an ultra expensive unnecessary
Hagia Sophia or Aya Sofya is not just a random mosque or historical structure. It is a holy place which has immense sentimental and spiritual value for the Turkish nation in particular and the whole Islamic world in general, it is a symbolic value that shows your sovereignty and independence and who still owns and controls Istanbul and even Türkiye. Such symbols are as important as the flag, religion and the history. You should never underestimate and simplify such values let alone remove it and If you do remove that then prepare for next symbols to be disputable or become questionable until there is nothing holy left any value to fight for anything that make a bunch of people a real nation.

It is same issue with the treaty this treaty simply means and shows you’re not 100% in contoll of your own sea passages but i believe as has been shown with Aya Sofia this treaty also will be removed to gain total sovereignty and independence of our seas.

Last edited:

emrachi

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tbh i don’t care about the technical aspects. Going by that logic countries with superiour conventional armies should technically not need WMD’s however in reality the countries with most advanced conventional armies possess the most of these WMD’s.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
With the Start of Spring Construction seems to have started again.
Apparently after a 6 Month Pause (Likely due to Winter and bad weather Conditions) the restart of construction can be seen from Space.

Left: Pic from 15.02.2022
Right: Pic from 15.04.2022

View attachment 42566 View attachment 42568

There is progress.
Just 2.5 Months Later the first Bridge is being built. We can see the 2 Pillars for the Bridge

1656629228234.png
1656629272476.png

Location on Satellite images

1656629402605.png

I Have marked the road works. its pretty advanced already.
10Km in long road in various stage of Completion.

1656629571870.png

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
My tax money.....

Seriously for decades even centuries kanal istanbul always got shelved.

Reasons were either technology, manpower or the will to do it. Then you have economic reasons then again Turkiyr has never been a big ass economy for decades which led to plans getting constantly shelved. I think Tayyip is either gambling on a project that could work for the short term or the long term or or we dont know behind the scenes.

Im really thinking the Turkish navy could benefit from this kanal as they can easily flank the enemy because the Bogaz is a bottleneck.

It would be shame if this project gets cancelled or shelved again.

Kanal Istanbul is not a new idea. Ottomans thought of it and Ecevit was serious about doing it.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tayyip could have invested in this kanal rather than a Presidential palace. If he ever thought about it.

Megaprojects are expensive.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tayyip could have invested in this kanal rather than a Presidential palace. If he ever thought about it.

Megaprojects are expensive.
And the whole country gets ruled from a villa house, such a shame.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kanal is more important
The Canal will take billions of dollars of investment money while the Presidential House only takes millions.
MIT headquarters are no smaller then the Presidential House.
Defense Department's house will not be smaller than the Presidential House either.
Türkiye is doing what Türkiye is needing.
Canal İstanbul is being built regardless of other constructions, there is no problem.

aksaray.jpg

2020%2F01%2Fkale2.jpg

ay-yildiz-projesi-1644744_2.jpg

Last edited:

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is progress.
Just 2.5 Months Later the first Bridge is being built. We can see the 2 Pillars for the Bridge

View attachment 45605 View attachment 45606

Location on Satellite images

View attachment 45607

I Have marked the road works. its pretty advanced already.
10Km in long road in various stage of Completion.

View attachment 45608
Waste of money, the new government will stop this unecessary expensive project, the country is experience one of its worst crisis, there is no money for these vanity projects.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom