Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope they destroy al shabab also unite the country.

Somalia has lots of problems hopefully they solve them.

All the best for them.

Bayraktar TB2

Contributor
Reactions
Until now 1650 Somalian have received komando training.
Screenshot_20201009_013937.jpg

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turned out to be false newss, exaggerated.
I looked up the news too, but the number of officer cadets brawling sounded pretty insane 300 or so, as I recall it.

if you can provice source counter in please share.

D

dBSPL

@adenl

edit: Abdulkadir Muhammed Nur became the "Minister of Justice" in Somalia who is studied with a Turkish scholarship. Mr. Nur thanked Turkey and Turkish people, for touching the lives of thousands of foreign students with these Scholarships.

Also in an interview with AA: "There is moral basis for the relationship between our two countries. Turkey's place in Somalia, never a political place," he said. The achievements of Mr. Nur, who has a bright academic background and who knows and feels Turkish culture closely, will have active role in the shaping future of relations between the two brotherly countries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I hope things go better for the Turks in Somalia. It did not go well for Pak Army as part of the US led UNOSOM back in 1992. The whole debacle was highlighted by the movie Black Hawk Down ~ PA tanks and APCs saved US Rangers from being toasted but in that movie they only got one scene mention. Typical Hollywood.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
73 15,919
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope things go better for the Turks in Somalia. It did not go well for Pak Army as part of the US led UNOSOM back in 1992. The whole debacle was highlighted by the movie Black Hawk Down ~ PA tanks and APCs saved US Rangers from being toasted but in that movie they only got one scene mention. Typical Hollywood.
It is a little known fact but number of Turkish Special Forces Command personnel were awarded honor medals because of their successful activities in Somalia in Operation Gothic Serrpent and their efforts after the Black Hawk down event. It is being said that they worked with the US Rangers and Delta Force in 1993 according to the source but there are no details present.

A photo from the ceremony
1604517886298.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom