Turkish Pentagon is Being Built - Ay Yıldız Projesi

Melkor

Reactions
1 243
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Honestly seljuk mosques and madrassas are really underrated.

Seljuks and their aesthetics does not get a lot of attention.

Only thing we do is just copy paste ottoman designs and make them even worse. I feel like our Ottoman forefathers would slap us for it.

During Ataturks time the modernist architecture was top notch it felt really different especially at the time.
The pinnacle of Islamic architecture is probably Iranian - yep I know, I puked a bit in my mouth saying that. Seljuks learnt a lot from those Parsis (so did ottomans) it cannot be denied. Isfahan’s architecture is absolutely stunning and the Iranians never miss a moment to remind us of it and rightfully so.
Although we could probably do with less mosques in Turkey, when they do build the big grand ones, why do they all have to be replicas of mimar Sinan’s designs. Always loved the Vedat Dalokay designed, Faisal Mosque in Islamabad for example. Ahead of its time.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,958
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
The pinnacle of Islamic architecture is probably Iranian - yep I know, I puked a bit in mouth saying that. Seljuks learnt a lot from those Parsis (so did ottomans) it cannot be denied. Isfahan’s architecture is absolutely stunning and the Iranians never miss a moment to remind us of it and rightfully so.
Although we could probably do with less mosques in Turkey, when they do build the big grand ones, why do they all have to be replicas of mimar Sinan’s designs. Always loved the Vedat Dalokay designed, Faisal Mosque in Islamabad for example. Ahead of its time.

I warned about this so many times. Our mosques are getting empty.

We have a lot numbskulls who believe building is the solution.

What a waste.

Turks are building more mosques while in the West most churches are getting converted to bars lmaoooo

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I warned about this so many times. Our mosques are getting empty.

We have a lot numbskulls who believe building is the solution.

What a waste.

Turks are building more mosques while in the West most churches are getting converted to bars lmaoooo
This is just a sign that most of the new generations are turning into atheism whixh isnt that great tbh

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is just a sign that most of the new generations are turning into atheism whixh isnt that great tbh

Or is, depending on who you ask. Like me.

But this is about the Turkish "Pentagon" so please lets move on.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,951
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's literally vis-a-vis to MIT's HQ and after Google Maps they also have two Vakif Bank ATM's nearby, noice 🙂

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom