what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,004
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I know all this, but the fact does not change the fact that these tanks are illegally located in Cyprus. That is why I also believe that the following should exist through a new agreement:
-Demilitarization of the islands of the Eastern Aegean and the coasts of Asia Minor.
-To remain the territorial waters of the coasts and islands of the Aegean islands at 6 nautical miles so that international waters do not close to the complex of Cyclades and Dodecanese
-To define the Aegean Sea as a riparian area so that the proclamation of the Exclusive Economic Zone by Greece and Turkey respectively is prohibited. This will automatically give equal rights to the international waters of the Aegean and to the exploitation of its fisheries.
But words are very far from action, you know.

Demilitarization of the Turkish Agean coast? Thats bonkers. I might as well demand that Greece demilitarizes 1/4 of its populated areas of its mainland.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Demilitarization of the Turkish Agean coast? Thats bonkers. I might as well demand that Greece demilitarizes 1/4 of its populated areas of its mainland.
Are you serious my man? Demilitarization of 1/4 of mainland Greece? You will soon ask us to emigrate! The militarized area of the coasts of Asia Minor (Aegean Army) is equivalent to the area of the militarized islands of the Eastern Aegean. It is a fair agreement that benefits both sides.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Its worth pointing out that when the Azeri armenian war broke out the greeks rushed to deliver PKK terrorists to fight for armenia. Meanwhole their media and state were proud to say that greeks from all corners of greece were coming to go fight for armenia.

These are the kind of people you think you can have a reasonable discussion with? A people that even support the PKK commie terrorists against Turkey including given Ocalan a greek passport.

No the greeks are going to get slapped down sooner or later. That is the best answer for them and their evil ways.

S

Sinan

I know all this, but does not change the fact that these tanks are illegally located in Cyprus. That is why I also believe that the following should exist through a new agreement:
-Demilitarization of the islands of the Eastern Aegean and the coasts of Asia Minor.
-To remain the territorial waters of the coasts and islands of the Aegean islands at 6 nautical miles so that international waters do not close to the complex of Cyclades and Dodecanese
-To define the Aegean Sea as a riparian area so that the proclamation of the Exclusive Economic Zone by Greece and Turkey respectively is prohibited. This will automatically give equal rights to the international waters of the Aegean and to the exploitation of its fisheries.
But words are very far from action, you know.
Bro, i showed you Article.13 From the Treaty of Lausanne and gave the link to the treaty so that you can check.

Now, you are claiming that we are being illegal. And i'm asking which treaty's which article we are breaking about these tanks?

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Bro, i showed you Article.13 From the Treaty of Lausanne and gave the link to the treaty so that you can check.

Now, you are claiming that we are being illegal. And i'm asking which treaty's which article we are breaking about these tanks?
No, there is no agreement that prohibits the use of Leopard 2A4 but disrupts the power balance that exists from the guarantor countries of Greece and Turkey. The balance of power in the human resources has already changed drastically as it is 4.3: 1! Why did you threaten Cyprus with war if it installed S-300 PMU1 on the island? Since there is no problem in what weapon systems each side carries.

S

Sinan

No, there is no agreement that prohibits the use of Leopard 2A4 but disrupts the power balance that exists from the guarantor countries of Greece and Turkey. The balance of power in the human resources has already changed drastically as it is 4.3: 1! Why did you threaten Cyprus with war if it installed S-300 PMU1 on the island? Since there is no problem in what weapon systems each side carries.
Okay. Then we can't accuse Turkey of doing something "illegal" like breaking treaties.

I'm not going to enter into argument producing race. Same arguments are on the table for years.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Okay. Then we can't accuse Turkey of doing something "illegal" like breaking treaties.

I'm not going to enter into argument producing race. Same arguments are on the table for years.
But you did not answer my question I asked you! Why did Turkey threaten Cyprus with war? Since the S-300 PMU1 on the island did not threaten anyone and did not violate any agreement.

S

Sinan

But you did not answer my question I asked you! Why did Turkey threaten Cyprus with war? Since the S-300 PMU1 on the island did not threaten anyone and did not violate any agreement.
Let's not play the blame game.

In 2020 Greek side is building bunkers on the contact line.Before that Turkey opened a airport for UCAV use. List goes on like that. We should look at the present time, not to 50, 100 years ago.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Let's not play the blame game.

In 2020 Greek side is building bunkers on the contact line.Before that Turkey opened a airport for UCAV use. List goes on like that. We should look at the present time, not to 50, 100 years ago.
You still do not answer my question about the S-300 PMU1 by changing the subject of the conversation. This proves that the Turkish threat to install the S-300 PMU1 in Cyprus was illegal. That is why I also believe that the following should exist through a new agreement:
This is the proposal for me that should be put on the table.
I do not know if you agree with this proposal.
If no solution is found the whole situation will end in a military conflict with dead soldiers/civilians on both sides.

S

Sinan

the coasts of Asia Minor.
Stopped after reading this. Nobody can dictate us what our military does in our homeland. You have a very different set of mind from us.

We are looking the issue like "Our islands are under occupation" and you are saying we should demilitarize our homeland. Not much to discuss i guess.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Stopped after reading this. Nobody can dictate us what our military does in our homeland. You have a very different set of mind from us.

We are looking the issue like "Our islands are under occupation" and you are saying we should demilitarize our homeland. Not much to discuss i guess.
How do you demand the demilitarization of the islands of the Eastern Aegean from Greece? In a new agreement, both sides must give and take. Turkey must learn to give beyond what it demands. The reason that the Eastern Aegean was militarized by Greece in the 1960s is that the Turkish Aegean Army has a huge number of amphibious ships and as many soldiers as the whole of Greece. How will the territorial integrity of the islands of the Eastern Aegean be ensured when it has such a large military power on the coasts of Asia Minor? If we unilaterally demilitarize the islands of the Eastern Aegean and the Aegean Army remains as it is today, then at a later time Turkey will very easily be able to make a military landing on one of the Greek islands. The militarization of the islands of the Eastern Aegean is vital for Greece regardless of whether it is illegal based on the treaties it has signed. In order for Greece to feel safe, the coasts of Asia Minor must also be demilitarized so that there is no risk of encroachment on territorial sovereignty. Where is the absurdity in all that I say? The islands of the Eastern Aegean are not under any occupation, they have a Greek population on them.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Turkey is under no threat from a few Greek soldiers scattered around those islands while the opposite is quite true with tens of thousands of Turkish Army personnel massed right next to Greece.One can certainly understand why the Greeks are worried.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,004
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are you serious my man? Demilitarization of 1/4 of mainland Greece? You will soon ask us to emigrate! The militarized area of the coasts of Asia Minor (Aegean Army) is equivalent to the area of the militarized islands of the Eastern Aegean. It is a fair agreement that benefits both sides.

I'm asking for anything, just pointed out that your demand is way off. If the Islands were unarmed or at least not heavily armed there would be less tension and thats not wishful thinking but an century old agreement that was broken.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
I'm asking for anything, just pointed out that your demand is way off. If the Islands were unarmed or at least not heavily armed there would be less tension and thats not wishful thinking but an century old agreement that was broken.
From the moment you do not ask for something then you can not ask for the demilitarization of 1/4 of mainland Greece! The tension starts from the fact that the Aegean Army with its amphibious ships is numerically equivalent to the entire Greek army! So the sentence I quoted in my previous comment makes sense. The demilitarization of the islands of the Eastern Aegean and the coasts of Asia Minor would be a sign of goodwill on both sides. The agreements exist for a reason, you can not say that they are "anachronistic". A further upgrade of the existing Lausanne-Paris agreement would be the best possible solution. But you do not come to enrich it and live peacefully but to demolish it.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,004
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
From the moment you do not ask for something then you can not ask for the demilitarization of 1/4 of mainland Greece! The tension starts from the fact that the Aegean Army with its amphibious ships is numerically equivalent to the entire Greek army! So the sentence I quoted in my previous comment makes sense. The demilitarization of the islands of the Eastern Aegean and the coasts of Asia Minor would be a sign of goodwill on both sides. The agreements exist for a reason, you can not say that they are "anachronistic". A further upgrade of the existing Lausanne-Paris agreement would be the best possible solution. But you do not come to enrich it and live peacefully but to demolish it.

As you said, looks like 100 years old agreements are not the gold standard. Time to talk to each other live civilized neighbours and to move into the next cenutry policy wise. Whether it's the EEZ or Islands.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
As you said, looks like 100 years old agreements are not the gold standard. Time to talk to each other live civilized neighbours and to move into the next cenutry policy wise. Whether it's the EEZ or Islands.
Yes, but with serious suggestions. My point of view is this:

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Turkey is under no threat from a few Greek soldiers scattered around those islands while the opposite is quite true with tens of thousands of Turkish Army personnel massed right next to Greece.One can certainly understand why the Greeks are worried.

Meanwhile pretty much every war between the Turks and Greeks for the past 100 years was started by the greeks. Including the attempted genocide of the Turkish Cypriots and illegal annexation of cyprus.

In the most recent war between Azerbaijan and Armenia, the greeks rushed to support armenia. In Libya they rushed to support a warlord terrorist. In egypt a dictator coupist.

greeks support every enemy of Turkey no matter how evil they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

This is why we will never respect or listen to you(European countries). You cant even try to hide how little of a shit you give for international law when it suddently doesnt suit you, so why the fuck would we?

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
10 4,934
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey can deploy it's personel everywhere it wants inside it's borders while Greece is sending troops, artillery etc. to Islands which have to be demilitarized after treaties they signed.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Turkey can deploy it's personel everywhere it wants inside it's borders while Greece is sending troops, artillery etc. to Islands which have to be demilitarized after treaties they signed.
But this is unfair! In order for Greece to feel safe, the islands of the Eastern Aegean along with the coasts of Asia Minor must be demilitarized. Greece must have troops on its eastern border to defend its borders as long as the Aegean Army exists, even if it violates the Treaty of Lausanne and the Treaty of Paris. The Aegean Army has a huge number of amphibious vessels and 130,000 military personnel while the Greek Army has 100,000 military personnel. These conditions are violated by Greece in order to be able to support its territorial integrity. The whole region, ie the islands of the Eastern Aegean and the coasts of Asia Minor, should be demilitarized. Otherwise Greece will not be able to feel safe.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom