Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
But this is unfair! In order for Greece to feel safe, the islands of the Eastern Aegean along with the coasts of Asia Minor must be demilitarized. Greece must have troops on its eastern border to defend its borders as long as the Aegean Army exists, even if it violates the Treaty of Lausanne and the Treaty of Paris. The Aegean Army has a huge number of amphibious vessels and 130,000 military personnel while the Greek Army has 100,000 military personnel. These conditions are violated by Greece in order to be able to support its territorial integrity. The whole region, ie the islands of the Eastern Aegean and the coasts of Asia Minor, should be demilitarized. Otherwise Greece will not be able to feel safe.

What kind dumb excuse is that? You make a treaty about island but you ask more then that? :D

Next thing is Turkey should stop making weapons.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,955
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
But this is unfair! In order for Greece to feel safe, the islands of the Eastern Aegean along with the coasts of Asia Minor must be demilitarized. Greece must have troops on its eastern border to defend its borders as long as the Aegean Army exists, even if it violates the Treaty of Lausanne and the Treaty of Paris. The Aegean Army has a huge number of amphibious vessels and 130,000 military personnel while the Greek Army has 100,000 military personnel. These conditions are violated by Greece in order to be able to support its territorial integrity. The whole region, ie the islands of the Eastern Aegean and the coasts of Asia Minor, should be demilitarized. Otherwise Greece will not be able to feel safe.

The Aegean Army's nature is purely defensive it's a reaction force, founded right after Operation Atilla because of the militarization of the Islands which started in the 60s. It's Greece who makes stuff and claims that it has offensive nature/intentions.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
What kind dumb excuse is that? You make a treaty about island but you ask more then that? :D

Next thing is Turkey should stop making weapons.
It is not my fault if Greek politicians do not know what they are signing! I'm talking about what needs to be done to resolve the issue. If Greece unilaterally demilitarizes the islands of the Eastern Aegean, then it will lose them. The Turks will try to take control of the islands of the Eastern Aegean if they are demilitarized by Greece. If you say that this is not true then you are a liar.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
The Aegean Army's nature is purely defensive it's a reaction force, founded right after Operation Atilla because of the militarization of the Islands which started in the 60s. It's Greece who makes stuff and claims that it has offensive nature/intentions.
Since when is the Aegean Army defensive? The amphibious ships belong to the defense military planning of Turkey? You're probably kidding me. The Aegean Army with 130,000 military personnel is not called defensive in any case.

Oublious

Experienced member
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is not my fault if Greek politicians do not know what they are signing! I'm talking about what needs to be done to resolve the issue. If Greece unilaterally demilitarizes the islands of the Eastern Aegean, then it will lose them. The Turks will try to take control of the islands of the Eastern Aegean if they are demilitarized by Greece. If you say that this is not true then you are a liar.

We should aim to Athens. Island is nothing, if we take should take at least to Athens.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

If Turkey wanted the islands, it would take them. There's nothing a few thousand Greek soldiers can do about it. Turkey is not taking the islands bcs both countries are allies, and it would make NATO turn against Turkey. As such, you have no reason to worry. Abide by the agreement, demilitarise the islands and work on creating brotherly relations with Turkey. Leave the past behind and look forward.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,955
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Since when is the Aegean Army defensive? The amphibious ships belong to the defense military planning of Turkey? You're probably kidding me. The Aegean Army with 130,000 military personnel is not called defensive in any case.
As i said reaction force.

The Islands are mostly in range of our MLRS and Artillery in a conflict Greece will not be able to supply nor send reinforcements anyways. Do you really believe some soldiers are a threat? No. What matters is the hypocrisy of Greeks and Europeans but Turkey will insist on demilitarization.

Again Greece arms those Islands since the 60s the Aegean Army was found after Operation Atilla in 1975.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
We should aim to Athens. Island is nothing, if we take should take at least to Athens.
This is the constructive climate that you want Turkey to have with Greece? The fact that you dare to tell me that you want the Turkish Army to reach Athens is not just provocative but a reason for declaring war. Do you have these nonsense in the back of your mind? Instead of thinking about how a friendship and peace between the two peoples can be built, you think about bombs and wars!

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
If Turkey wanted the islands, it would take them. There's nothing a few thousand Greek soldiers can do about it. Turkey is not taking the islands bcs both countries are allies, and it would make NATO turn against Turkey. As such, you have no reason to worry. Abide by the agreement, demilitarise the islands and work on creating brotherly relations with Turkey. Leave the past behind and look forward.
I would agree with you on the NATO you mentioned. But I do not know to what extent NATO can ensure the territorial integrity of Greece. NATO, as is well known, does not recognize borders between its member states since it considers them a "single space"! Does it make sense for Greece to rely on an organization that considers Greece and Turkey a "single space"? At this point, NATO should also give some guarantees to Greece before what you say happens. It is not a bad idea the way you put it but some commitments from NATO to Greece are needed first.

Oublious

Experienced member
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is the constructive climate that you want Turkey to have with Greece? The fact that you dare to tell me that you want the Turkish Army to reach Athens is not just provocative but a reason for declaring war. Do you have these nonsense in the back of your mind? Instead of thinking about how a friendship and peace between the two peoples can be built, you think about bombs and wars!

Look first to yourself what kind things you demand and make up stories Turkey will take the islands :D .

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
As i said reaction force.

The Islands are mostly in range of our MLRS and Artillery in a conflict Greece will not be able to supply nor send reinforcements anyways. Do you really believe some soldiers are a threat? No. What matters is the hypocrisy of Greeks and Europeans but Turkey will insist on demilitarization.

Again Greece arms those Islands since the 60s the Aegean Army was found after Operation Atilla in 1975.
If it is to walk in disbelief for our neighbor then there will never be a solution. So you are telling me that Turkey uses the argument of the demilitarization of the islands as a pretext because it does not trust the Europeans and the Greeks and considers them hypocrites; You are afraid that the Anglo-Saxon axis together with Greece will try in the future to dismember you as they tried in 1918-1922. We are afraid that you will try to land on the islands of the Eastern Aegean if we demilitarize them. Do you know what sorrow on both sides? Trust is lacking and this is what needs to be built.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Look first to yourself what kind things you demand and make up stories Turkey will take the islands :D .
And you do not ask for a little, on the contrary you ask for the demilitarization of the entire Eastern Aegean. It is not speculation that you want to land in the islands of the Eastern Aegean, the amphibious ships of the Aegean Army confirm this. If you want to go amphibious ships to the Black Sea, Mersin and Antalya.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Really simple to be honest Greece has historical and expansion tendancies against the Turks.

Give them an inch they will take your arm off.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Really simple to be honest Greece has historical and expansion tendancies against the Turks.

Give them an inch they will take your arm off.
You are at least exaggerated! Turkey is the one claiming in the Aegean Sea. Greece has no claims in Asia Minor or Pontus. You probably forget the September of 1955. From this point on, Greece decided to militarize the islands, so that there would be no second pogrom against the Greek population. Others are those who have committed genocides, not Greece.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are at least exaggerated! Turkey is the one claiming in the Aegean Sea. Greece has no claims in Asia Minor or Pontus.

Megali idea is still strong. Enosis is also still strong in cyprus.

You cant deny that.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Megali idea is still strong. Enosis is also still strong in cyprus.

You cant deny that.
The Great Idea ended in 1923-1924 with the Treaty of Lausanne. It has been 100 years since then. Also in the areas of Constantinople, Pontus, Cappadocia and Asia Minor there was the Greek minority which according to the demographic data of 1910 was 1.777.146 inhabitants. This means that they constituted 16.42% of the total population of the Ottoman Empire. According to the Treaty of Sevres of 1920, Greece had the right to land a peacekeeping expeditionary force in Asia Minor. The fact that Greece violated the Treaty of Sevres of 1920 and attacked the Ottoman Empire aiming at the depths of Anatolia (up to Ankara) was a wrong choice of Eleftherios Venizelos. As for Cyprus from 1960 to 1974, Greece and Turkey were in complete agreement to divide the island with the consent of the USA and Great Britain. The island was divided by a joint decision and this is now proven by the secret documents that have been released.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,739
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Cyprus is now an EU issue. See this is what AKP-FETÖ'cü cooperation led to. Poor Denktas knew this would happen which is why he tried to tell RTE about it, but no... I am smart Erdogan thought.

Only way to solve this is give 1 mio Turks citizenship and move them to KKTC. Just do it slowly 10.000 a year should be enough. We can even invade Europe through this means, since as I know it KKTC have free travel to EU.

If it works we can make do with more than 1 mio., 10 mio. or more.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

Cyprus is now an EU issue. See this is what AKP-FETÖ'cü cooperation led to. Poor Denktas knew this would happen which is why he tried to tell RTE about it, but no... I am smart Erdogan thought.

Only way to solve this is give 1 mio Turks citizenship and move them to KKTC. Just do it slowly 10.000 a year should be enough. We can even invade Europe through this means, since as I know it KKTC have free travel to EU.

This exactly why you are pushing Turkish Cypriots away.. Invader head.. Our culture is nearly extinct thanks to this. And That is a war crime, changing demographics.. stealing people's land and jobs.. I do told same again again, what would happen not 4 million but 200 million syrians flooded into your country ?? What would you think! You can't even handle 4 million.. KKTC population is 400 -500 thousand, and only 100K are Turkish Cypriots. Could you make empathy? I really hate these type of invader heads.. Stay on your land leave people alone. Do you really think people who are well educated, modern, civilized, who own a house and job decide to move some other country? Or the jobless ones, criminals?

Nobody cares TRNC citizenship, EU only counts Turkish Cypriots who have descendants living in Cyprus before 1974. Once Turkish Cypriots Extinct, claim on Cyprus would become illegal like Crimea. Denktaş also done many mistakes, corruption and bad things but you only see and know what appeals good to you. UK were among the countries who does not give a shit about isolation, they were accepting TRNC ID cards up to 1990s, Turkish Cypriots were traveling without visa to there.. Once Denktaş do exactly what you have said, they isolated us!! Denktaş bring in / invite people from Turkey (rural regions) gave them free land (lots of land, they all are selling them to Europeans now and buying range rovers) He gave them citizenship.. 10s of thousand new citizens from Turkey, UK warned our government we will put your ID on visa list, don't give these citizenships to other than Turkish Cypriots.. But they did it..First mistake was TRNC in 1983, second mistake was giving citizenships.. First we lost trade, then tourism and economy collapsed in 1990s.. Turks in Turkey think TRNC is a fail state, cant produce or survive.. However in late 70s and 1980s it has trade surplus and exchange surplus, textile industry and booming tourism until 90s.. It was a country with quality workforce and tech in the first years. When we had Federate state status after the war, we were trading freely.. After the war we got a lot of factories and machinery left on our side. They even looted those factories move them to Turkey. They turned it into needy puppet state to control easily..

Turkey is RESPONSIBLE for South to become a EU member (and Denktaş). A country which has border problems can't Join EU.. EU legislative states that!!! But First Turkey sell us in 1995, accept greek cyprus's application in exchange for Trade Union Agreement, than in 1999 Copenhagen Turkey started EU application in exchange of accepting Greek Cy membership in 2004.. THAN Thanks to Denktaş who didn't show up in 2002 meetings/negotiations allowing Greeks to enter EU.. If he said we are ready for federation EU won't let them be part until deal was signed. It is a long story of political mistakes.. And EU are just bunch of hypocrites.. how can you accept a country divided into two as a member! A country still at ceasefire status!

Turkish Cypriots are the ultimate losers of this story, bullied by everyone!

Oublious

Experienced member
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
LOL, well educated and civilized :D .

Export some Turks to Turkish country, and if ther is people who want to leave good by:D.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania

You sure have an obsession about flooding Europe with non Europeans....I never understood this hostility people like you have against the very countries that opened their doors to you and gave you a much better life that you could ever have back home. You are constantly asking for the destruction of your foster country while complaining about racism...

And NO, Turkish Cypriots can't travel freely to the EU.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom