Nation of origin
Turkey

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,997
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Threatening to buy a second S400 battery because that worked so well in the first place 🙃

Unfortunately it will hit a point where if america doesn't sell planes Turkey will end up looking east. If Turkey looks east for critical weapons, naturally her support of western interests will further diminish while giving the east a great advantage.

A country like Turkey at the centre of 3 continents and within arms reach of the suez is a big big prize for countries like Russia or China if she is ever forced to leave the western axis.

Outisde of Turkey, the real loser will be europe. Can you imagine Russia having bases in Turkey, control of the blacksea, the straights and direct access to the middle east and north africa. That would be a nightmare for europe.

Its also worth pointing out that Russia already has armenia, influence in azerbaijan, direct control of syria and sides with iran, in which iran controls much of iraq. Only germany really understands this, but will never let on how serious and crucial a Turkey tied to the west is for european secutiry.

If Russia ever got Turkey on her side, the Russians would move back into the caucases region, take countries like georgia, the central asian republics of Turkic ethnicity will fall in line.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Unfortunately it will hit a point where if america doesn't sell planes Turkey will end up looking east. If Turkey looks east for critical weapons, naturally her support of western interests will further diminish while giving the east a great advantage.

A country like Turkey at the centre of 3 continents and within arms reach of the suez is a big big prize for countries like Russia or China if she is ever forced to leave the western axis.

Outisde of Turkey, the real loser will be europe. Can you imagine Russia having bases in Turkey, control of the blacksea, the straights and direct access to the middle east and north africa. That would be a nightmare for europe.
That would be a worst nightmare for Turkey. Russians having bases in Turkey? Good luck with that...Turkey should learn that they must bring cooperation to the table instead of temper tantrums and threats of "going East ".

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,997
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
That would be a worst nightmare for Turkey. Russians having bases in Turkey? Good luck with that...

Not for Turkey, for europe. Then europeans will get to enjoy the red terror again and we know most europeans capitulate in absolute fear when the Russians come knocking.

We already saw the european reaction to ukraine, basically bent over and said take me.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,997
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
That would be a worst nightmare for Turkey. Russians having bases in Turkey? Good luck with that...Turkey should learn that they must bring cooperation to the table instead of temper tantrums and threats of "going East ".

This is where the chinese have a point, the european is filled with arrogance and hypocrisy. Turkey only brought s400 because you guys are arming separatist communist terrorists along her border.

Keep ignoring it, because Russia annexing much of eastern europe and the balkans is very real outcome if Turkey turns east.

We all know that no nation in eastern europe or the balkans has the balls to challenge russia, we all know it.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Not for Turkey, for europe. Then europeans will get to enjoy the red terror again and we know most europeans capitulate in absolute fear when the Russians come knocking.

We already saw the european reaction to ukraine, basically bent over and said take me.
Russia poses no military threat to the EU, even I, a total hater of Moscow, think that Europe should start dropping the sanctions and do business with the Russians again as they're a valuable asset against the real enemy.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,997
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Russia poses no military threat to the EU, even I, a total hater of Moscow, think that Europe should start dropping the sanctions and do business with the Russians again as they're a valuable asset against the real enemy.

Ask the Polish if they agree with you, meanwhile poland is bigger and stronger then most eastern euro or balkan states. Lets also add that Russia has thousands of nukes aimed at every capital in europe.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Ask the Polish if they agree with you, meanwhile poland is bigger and stronger then most eastern euro or balkan states. Lets also add that Russia has thousands of nukes aimed at every capital in europe.
I've only stated my opinion and Russia couldn't even achieve all its objectives in Donbass, let alone invading Eastern Europe. The EU must learn to do business with Russia again, it worked for a few years, they want to work with Europe.
"Europe from Lisbon to Vladivostok" is the new motto of France and Germany and...they have a point.
Anyway, let's be real, it isn't nor will it ever be Turkey who keeps Russia out of Europe.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,997
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I've only stated my opinion and Russia couldn't even achieve all its objectives in Donbass, let alone invading Eastern Europe. The EU must learn to do business with Russia again, it worked for a few years, they want to work with Europe.
"Europe from Lisbon to Vladivostok" is the new motto of France and Germany and...they have a point.
Anyway, let's be real, it isn't nor will it ever be Turkey who keeps Russia out of Europe.

yeah you stated your opinion, but its wrong to claim that Russia poses no threat to Europe whatsoever. For example Russia knows EU expansionism and NATO is a threat, so both sides are working to undermine and challenge the others sovereignty.

No one said Turkey can keep Russia out of Europe nor would Turkey care too, who cares if they annex the baltic states, what i'm saying is that if Turkey ends up in alliance with Russia there is nothing Europe can do from stopping Russia go deep and hard into central europe.

But what we can say is that Turkish actions in the region are limiting and holding back Russia. Seen in Azerbaijan, Syria and Libya recently. Now Turkey is moving gradually into Ukraine while the west let her fall in fear of Russia.

Now if you want to arm communist terrorists along Turkeys borders, then you are going to run the risk that one day Turkey is longer in the western camp. We already seen how angry europe gets when just one terrorist attack happens, meanwhile you expect Turkey to be happy while a hundred thousand strong pkk army is set up against her?

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,837
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Who is it?

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,837
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not Turkey, but US.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Threatening to buy a second S400 battery because that worked so well in the first place 🙃
First time? Turks didnt buy S-400 to get F-35 the first time, i know what you are referring to.
Real enemy?
Who is it?
I have an idea but lets see what he means. 😂

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Europe doesnt see China as enemy though, Russia is definitely the bigger threat to European mainland, no doubt about that.
There is millenia of history do you think its all gone and forgotten? We just have a wealthy calm phase but that can change in the next century you never know.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Europe doesnt see China as enemy though, Russia is definitely the bigger threat to European mainland, no doubt about that.
There is millenia of history do you think its all gone and forgotten? We just have a wealthy calm phase but that can change in the next century you never know.
Do you really think the Russians would invade Europe? For what? With sanctions we're pushing them towards the CCCP altough they'd rather do most of their trade and investments with the EU. China is a threat for Russia to, don't let their "alliance " fool you.
Ofcourse, Russia wants "respect " and,unfortunately, that might mean abandoning Ukraine, Central Asia and the Caucasus ( hopefully not Moldova 🥺) to them....it sounds cynical, but realpolitik is that way.
The EU tries to work with China but in the end Chinese hegemonical ambitions will bring an inevitable show down.

Melkor

Reactions
1 243
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Europe from Lisbon to Vladivostok - such make-ity-up-ity homogeneity... 🙄 nothing but a ⛪️ club. Safety and bullying in numbers.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do you really think the Russians would invade Europe? For what? With sanctions we're pushing them towards the CCCP altough they'd rather do most of their trade and investments with the EU. China is a threat for Russia to, don't let their "alliance " fool you.
Ofcourse, Russia wants "respect " and,unfortunately, that might mean abandoning Ukraine, Central Asia and the Caucasus ( hopefully not Moldova 🥺) to them....it sounds cynical, but realpolitik is that way.
The EU tries to work with China but in the end Chinese hegemonical ambitions will bring an inevitable show down.
China and Europe are too far apart to have a real ''show down'' if anything then it will happen between Europe and Russia at some point again but not right now because Russia is weak and Europe more or less united.
China on the other hand has always been nothing more than a trading partner, Europes well being is for China more important than its alliance with Russia since Europe is the biggest customer of its products and services.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Europe from Lisbon to Vladivostok - such make-ity-up-ity homogeneity... 🙄 nothing but a ⛪️ club. Safety and bullying in numbers.
I choose to see differently.....trade and peace

Top Bottom