TR U.S. says potential F-16 sale to Turkey would serve U.S. interests, NATO - letter

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,724
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Doesn't mean it will go through but it's positive news nonetheless.

Correct. Voted or Signed an official document have the power to enforce.
Until above happened all is just talking which is in fact -> HOT Air.

Fairon

Reactions
6 868
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
At this point we need to buy Eurofighters(with good deal) even if the F16 deal passes. US can't be trusted.

Yes it will be expensive but it is also necessary.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'll post this here, since I don't want this discussion to derail the T-FX thread.

As I said, It is better two have one bird in the hand than two in the bush. It's better to be prepared than to hope that TF-X will be all smooth sailing and go into production as the announced plans. Rarely ever do defence developments keep their schedule, especially with limited prior experience.

Now before some simple-minded people start saying that I'm anti this or anti that, let me say that yes ideally we would have our T-FX ready as scheduled and skip the F16s altogether. Cut our foreign dependence in this regard and be self-sufficient. But our neighbours already are buying Rafales and F35, and we're lagging behind.

Not planning for the worst, would be the biggest mistake we could make. I saw the arguments in the other thread:

- they wont sell them to us anyway
- they are stalling the process

All of that might be true or not, doesn't matter. But still it will be worth pursuing as long as the door is not closed. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. After all, what alternatives are left to bridge the time until our project is ripe, even if we stay on schedule?

Initial_D

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
F-16v70!? And not F-35!!! I guess the murica doesn't think Turkey it's key allied anymore, if i were Turkey, I would upgrade existing F-16 to V70 capabilities but not buying new F-16 Airframe.
I think with this, america is trying to Torpedoes TFX program

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
F-16v70!? And not F-35!!! I guess the murica doesn't think Turkey it's key allied anymore, if i were Turkey, I would upgrade existing F-16 to V70 capabilities but not buying new F-16 Airframe.

Its not. If you spent five minutes reading, you'd know that. The Turkish government requested those F16s.

I just hope the purchase isnt tied into Turkey doing nothing about the american supported YPG on our border.

You can read the proposal yourself instead of speculating.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
You think Turkey will give up on TF-X just because US might ot might not sell F-16?
I think the Era of US jets in Turkish inventory will end with F-16 one way or another, countries in EU are also not a real option since they are even more eager to sanction Turkey, only western partner that might be reliable in this regard is UK.

Do you see why TF-X is probably the most important defence project?

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

Again, this means nothing yet.
But if any preconditions are set, we should just leave the table.

rationally once we got kicked out the f35 we should have never gone back for F16's. We basically sent the message that the americans can screw Turkiye and Turkiye will go back begging them anyway for inferior stuff. Americans must be laughing at AK party.

But it just proves that s400 decision was made with no foresight and no contingency for what happens if they use the s400 as the perfect excuse to kick Turkiye out.

In the hurjet thread i see some Turks getting excited because we alledgedly made threats towards GE over the engine, lets not make the same mistakes over and over. There are only a few nations that can supply engines. We need to stop this dumb policy of barking first and then thinking later once the bridge crossed is destroyed.

The more we capitulated to american threats since being booted out the F35 the more conditions and pressure they have created for shit like the F16's. Step away from the game, consider it over and never look to buy american again. Thats the only way you bring the americans back to table without all the bullshit.

Last edited:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,222
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope they stop with F16, EF is the best option for us. This will turn in to a saga, after this they will use it againg and againg :LOL:. Next they will say Syria, or Cyprus and Greece. Maybe Armenia like stop helping Azerbadjian.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 505
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey

Again, this means nothing yet.
But if any preconditions are set, we should just leave the table.
They were the same senators that said they won't accept any jet sale to Türkiye years ago. Erdoğan was their excuse then and NATO expansion is their excuse now. No matter what, those very same guys will find other ways to oppose.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
FoAUZf2XgAAssCO.jpeg

Pay and work on the F35 while at the same time Israel was never apart of the program gets the Jets before Turkiye.

Its time for Turkiye to forge its independant destiny.

Regardless of what the West and East thinks.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 639
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
rationally once we got kicked out the f35 we should have never gone back for F16's. We basically sent the message that the americans can screw Turkiye and Turkiye will go back begging them anyway for inferior stuff. Americans must be laughing at AK party.

But it just proves that s400 decision was made with no foresight and no contingency for what happens if they use the s400 as the perfect excuse to kick Turkiye out.

In the hurjet thread i see some Turks getting excited because we alledgedly made threats towards GE over the engine, lets not make the same mistakes over and over. There are only a few nations that can supply engines. We need to stop this dumb policy of barking first and then thinking later once the bridge crossed is destroyed.

The more we capitulated to american threats since being booted out the F35 the more conditions and pressure they have created for shit like the F16's. Step away from the game, consider it over and never look to buy american again. Thats the only way you bring the americans back to table without all the bullshit.
Turkiye needs to choose the east side or the west side. They can share interests with Israel and Saudi Arabia about hating Iran and wanting Syria but Israel does not want Turkiye to challenge its air force. Making deals with the Russians isolates them from the west, still wanting to be part of the west side but don't want to kiss west side ass puts Turkiye in an awkward position that isolates itself from everyone. I dont even think Turks know which side their country is on because I sure as hell can't figure it out myself. I think they need to make a final decision who they want to stick with and if they are able to meet their economic/military goals than they can go isolate themselves if they like on being independent.

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkiye needs to choose the east side or the west side. They can share interests with Israel and Saudi Arabia about hating Iran and wanting Syria but Israel does not want Turkiye to challenge its air force. Making deals with the Russians isolates them from the west, still wanting to be part of the west side but don't want to kiss west side ass puts Turkiye in an awkward position that isolates itself from everyone. I dont even think Turks know which side their country is on because I sure as hell can't figure it out myself. I think they need to make a final decision who they want to stick with and if they are able to meet their economic/military goals than they can go isolate themselves if they like on being independent.
Turkey will stay and should stay neutral to the both sides for its interests although western political hypocrisy. Turkey's direction in its political, judicial and economical stardarts has always been towards the West.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Our unique geographical position give us the ability to choose every side or to be neutral. Vasall has to choose one side. Masters has to choose own interests.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Our unique geographical position give us the ability to choose every side or to be neutral. Vasall has to choose one side. Masters has to choose own interests.

No such thing as west vs east, that's just a trap that the americans and russians use to coerce predominantly non-white mugs to do their bidding. Russia claims to be the east when in reality she is the same old white european west who invaded asia and annexed its lands and slaughtered its populations. Even then Russia is allied to france in libya, works with the USA in Syria, had german backing to invade Ukraine, invest all her money in places like london, uses EU states for personal benefit like south cyprus.

Meanwhile america claims to be the west, while at the same is the single biggest investor in China and the largest market for chinese goods.

Then lets look at Turkey, only nation on earth to have both the so called west and east opposing her, maybe our axis is that we represent something entirely different for the world. Maybe its our destiny to represent the downtrodden world. Maybe we should go around saying we represent the world and any one doesnt feel part of the american west or the russian east should come to our side.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom