Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Around 34min mark Dr Can Kasapoglu is saying that Ukrainian Turbojet engine will be used for MIUS.

Ivchenko-Progress Candidates
1622277066182.png

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,193
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Really disappointing design. Those 4 VLO engines are dead weight while its in level flight.
Those electric motors are also the motors that enable VTOL operation. They also made them pretty small already so their burden is smaller. This design is implemented by many companies. It lacks lifting capacity but it works. If the drone is required to be recoverable there needs to be some means to land it softly when needed. Any brilliant ideas would be highly appreciated by makers if there is any.

Last edited:
E

Era_shield

Those electric motors are also the motors that enable VTOL operation. They also made them pretty small already so their burden is smaller. This design is implemented b many companies. It lacks lacks lifting capacity but it works. If the drone is required to b recoverable there needs to be some means to land it softly when needed. Any brilliant ideas would be highly appreciated by makers if there is any.
It does look like they made them as light as possible but they're still heavy, plus the load bearing booms would add weight. I really would like to see a 3-motor tiltrotor design or something along those lines.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,193
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It does look like they made them as light as possible but they're still heavy, plus the load bearing booms would add weight. I really would like to see a 3-motor tiltrotor design or something along those lines.
Tilting mechanisms may pose reliability problems and they do have their weight too. I do not see a clear advantage. I would suggest a hybrid design where petrol engine is used both for lift and cruise.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,309
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Could this rumor be true?

Distorted and stretched (mis)information.

The real story is, Cavusoglu, when was asked about Russia's "concern" regarding the TB2 sale to Ukraine (Not Anka-S!), he said that the sale was not aimed against any country, and if Russia showed interest for acquiring such systems from Turkey, there won't be any problems with that.

That is all!

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,797
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Until we develop same technical capability of osprey I guess we’ll try different configurations for STOVL etc.

I mean it’s not like we can stick engine on top to have it land like a helicopter 😁

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Everybody, please note the channel and don't waste time sharing its content. Pure clickbait & BS.
I saw this channel before. It has a cringy 90s TV news intro and it claims to be ''US military news'' even thoughmost news are Turkey related content LMAO! Pure clickbait channel.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,056
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I saw this channel before. It has a cringy 90s TV news intro and it claims to be ''US military news'' even thoughmost news are Turkey related content LMAO! Pure clickbait channel.
YouTube has been flooded by these types of low quality channels... They just spit out bullcrap, to the point where finding good content related to defence is impossible. As soon as I hear the robot voice I get out of the video.

Around 34min mark Dr Can Kasapoglu is saying that Ukrainian Turbojet engine will be used for MIUS.

Ivchenko-Progress Candidates
View attachment 21867
Weren't there rumors last year that the Goksungur was going to use Ukrainian engines? I find it strange how Turkish Aerospace was supposedly going to reveal it late last year, now we only here about the MIUS. Oh well, whatever happens, I hope to see a jet-powered, preferably supersonic drone, in the skies before 2023.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
YouTube has been flooded by these types of low quality channels... They just spit out bullcrap, to the point where finding good content related to defence is impossible. As soon as I hear the robot voice I get out of the video.

Haha, same here. It is natural considering this is the only thing that goes good in the country. Youtube gets flooded with these videos because this is the only thing we can be proud of at the moment. So there is a huge demand and many who seek to profit from this flood the youtube.

One other example is Yunan spiker. If you search it tens of channels' copies await you. Only Wrights of Salem puts effort into it however. The others copy from it. Many dont even translate what he says. They just start with ''Greek speaker said'' and go on.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Does Turkey have laser guided 155mm under development?
Yes. There is a roadmap for guided artillery shells. There are 3 different planned projects or rather 3 phases.

1) Smart fuse for all existing and future 105,155mm artillery shells and 81,120mm mortar shells. This is a very low-cost solution designed to be consumed in thousands. The CEP requirement of the project is 50m(at least half of the fired shells should land up to 50 meters from the target). From what I heard most of the shell spread happens around 10-30m @40km range some of them fall between 30-50m.

2) GPS/INS based guided artillery shells.

3)SAL based guided artillery shells.

The first one is entering serial production soon. Others are in development. Don't expect anything in a few years as they don't have priority.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
(A past interview from 2017) MKEK General Manager Ahmet Taşkın stated that they are working on guided ammunition with a diameter of 155 mm and that they have included several companies operating in Turkey's defense industry sector in this project. It is planned to carry out studies that will significantly increase the accuracy of the ammunition with integrated guidance systems. Laser Guidance for close targets, Inertial Navigation System (INS) to mid-range targets and global navigation satellite system (GNSS) assisted INS guidance system for maximum distance targets are envisaged.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Weren't there rumors last year that the Goksungur was going to use Ukrainian engines? I find it strange how Turkish Aerospace was supposedly going to reveal it late last year, now we only here about the MIUS. Oh well, whatever happens, I hope to see a jet-powered, preferably supersonic drone, in the skies before 2023.
Goksungur will be a supersonic drone with max speed of 1.4 Mach, whereas MIUS will be a sub-sonic drone with a max speed of 0.8 Mach. Both are very different drones and will compliment each other.

Top Bottom