Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,250
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This design is good for stealth and compactness but when it comes to very high speed a fighter type side inlets may be preferable. Also as it is not intended for dogfight that requires high maneuverability perhaps a Gen6 type rudderless design can be implemented.

Last edited:

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
19 19,930
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
last test before maiden flight (2019)

11.jpg

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,618
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Goksungur will have a top speed exceeding 1600km/h. So I guess that it could have a similar inlet design to the Avenger but as you said, the wings will need to be swept back.
I should say this declared 1600 km/h for Goksungur is quite confusing first we thought it is an ADM 160 MALD equivalent then an Avenger type but the thing is it seems Goksunger will be 1.3 mach i.e ''almost'' x 2 faster than both

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,250
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I should say this declared 1600 km/h for Goksungur is quite confusing first we thought it is an ADM 160 MALD equivalent then an Avenger type but the thing is it seems Goksunger will be 1.3 mach i.e ''almost'' x 2 faster than both
I was thinking supersonic speeds are not really possible with small engines and airframes but I saw the other day that a British professor and his team are trying to make a supersonic small UAV at around 20kg weight. So it boils down to power/weight ratio of the system. There is some allegations on the net that Göksungur will use an engine that will be derived from the small TJ90 engine but that maybe faulty too as people think anything can be derived from anything. There is also the more powerful TJ300 (400?) engines which are among the candidates. So the engines that will possibly power the Göksungur are one of the following list TJ1600, TJ300, TJ400, TJ90. My bet is on TJ1600 as it will make a capable, reusable UAV with anything you want to attache on it.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 1,001
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to İbrahim Sünnetçi We might see maiden flight of Göksungur in the first half of 2021

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to İbrahim Sünnetçi We might see maiden flight of Göksungur in the first half of 2021

TURBOJET Göksungur coming...

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,218
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

Greece has been beating their chests a lot recently with the recent rafale purchase and F-16 upgrade + F-35 on the horizon. A Göksungur test flight will make them shit bricks again.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
124 15,091
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thinking out loud; Wy not run a 50% smaller version of TFX project alongside it? It could be the stealth version of supersonic jet UAV as once suggested by Mr Kotil. (Goksungur).
2 x Motor Sich turbofan AI-22-25F/AI-322F engines for the interim period, could do the job. It has close to 45KN (9500lbf) thrust.
In fact had they made the Hurjet as originally planned, with twin engines, this engine could have done the job until our indigenous engine was in place . It has variants in development that can go even higher in thrust.

1609240350065.jpeg

T

Turko

Thinking out loud; Wy not run a 50% smaller version of TFX project alongside it? It could be the stealth version of supersonic jet UAV as once suggested by Mr Kotil. (Goksungur).
2 x Motor Sich turbofan AI-22-25F/AI-322F engines for the interim period, could do the job. It has close to 45KN (9500lbf) thrust.
In fact had they made the Hurjet as originally planned, with twin engines, this engine could have done the job until our indigenous engine was in place . It has variants in development that can go even higher in thrust.

View attachment 10020
1609242662624.png

Supersonic unmanned fighter wouldn't be hard to manage?I'd go for unmanned stealth bomber in the shape of F117. F117 has 2 engine with 47Kn power as you offered.
1609242349935.png

Producing a manned stealth aircraft like F117 would be more feasible and would be good as first step. F117 doesn't have secret super high technology. Just using starter level stealth material and stealth geometric shape.

Last edited by a moderator:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom