AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
It will probably be turbofan. Turbojet engines are already being developed for single-use engines due to material engineering. The technology of superalloys used in them is not suitable for repeated use. Single crystal turbines are used in turboshaft and turbofan engines. Thus, the motor can be used repeatedly.
imagine they use 2 famous Ukrainian turbofan engine... it will be crazy, and MIUS using only one as kinda f35 and f22... one for ground, one for air to air..

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,250
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It will probably be turbofan. Turbojet engines are already being developed for single-use engines due to material engineering. The technology of superalloys used in them is not suitable for repeated use. Single crystal turbines are used in turboshaft and turbofan engines. Thus, the motor can be used repeatedly.

Note: Don't get confused. I mean the Turbofan is not used.
Small jet turbines have 25-50 hour overhaul intervals which is acceptable for many applications. A British company wanted to use them on automobiles but the emergence of electric cars killed the idea.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
DxYRumXWsAAHENW.jpg

OIP.jpg

TAI ADVANCED HALE UAV

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,250
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So, Havelsan is a drone maker too now.

With the number of drone makers increasing there is a better chance that new projects can be evaluated now. Good.

Their design is of the sort that is considered basic.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,250
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Some twitter account claims Aksungur's design will be similar to the General Atomics Avenger. Avenger's top speed is 400kt (740kmh). I guess the engine air inlet will be on the top aft while the wings will be swept back to fit inside the sonic cone.

Last edited:

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,272
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Some twitter account claims Aksungur's design will be similar to the General Atomics Avenger. Avenger's top speed is 400kt (740kmh). I guess the engine air inlet will be on the top aft while the wings will be swept back to accommodate inside the sonic cone.
Goksungur will have a top speed exceeding 1600km/h. So I guess that it could have a similar inlet design to the Avenger but as you said, the wings will need to be swept back.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
19 19,930
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Goksungur will have a top speed exceeding 1600km/h. So I guess that it could have a similar inlet design to the Avenger but as you said, the wings will need to be swept back.
Delta wing design will be the perfect solution for this. More wing area, more lift, more internal weapons bays, etc..

X-47B_operating_in_the_Atlantic_Test_Range_%28modified%29.jpg

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,250
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Delta wing design will be the perfect solution for this. More wing area, more lift, more internal weapons bays, etc..

All around this is a good design for an UCAV although I am not sure how it compares to a manned fighter like an F22 for maneuverability. And we don't know if such a design still has unexpired platens going with it.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
All around this is a good design for an UCAV although I am not sure how it compares to a manned fighter like an F22 for maneuverability.
when engine is on the top, it gets drag on high speed maneuers, thats why normally air to air fighters dont get this design, this one will be good for Mius

Last edited:

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,272
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

I've noticed that a lot of these stealth UCAV's are subsonic. Turkish Aerospace wants the Goksungur to be supersonic. I am really interested to see how we will design this.

I personally think that some of its stealth capabilities will be traded for speed, and that the Goksungur will act more like an interdictor or penetrator (like a B-1 Lancer) rather than a modern stealth bomber. It will likely be used for shock and awe attacks, targeting pre-designated high value targets and devastating enemy supply lines before the main assault begins. In other words, it'll strike fast and deep in enemy territory. But isn't stealth a lot more effective nowadays, instead of relying on speed? Well yes, but lets not forget something pretty important. Electronic warfare. With our EW capabilities, I'd much rather we have a supersonic bomber drone with compromised stealth, rather than something which is subsonic but has a better RCS. It might sound stupid to some, but this is my personal opinion. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I don't want the Goksungur to become another nEUROn or X-47B, I'd much rather it be something completely new. If it can have excellent stealth and speed then that's great, but I really want it to be supersonic. Its speed should not be sacrificed, the 1600km/h goal should be met.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom