Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
FETÖ detected.

This is an operation in collaboration with known FETÖ member Cevheri Güven.
I really don't know him or care about him but he does not automatically become Feto because he criticizes some projects. It is his right to do so and I don't think it is right to shut down every criticism with the "wolf is coming" argument.

However, he does come forwards as an old girlfriend looking for revenge with these childish arguments and lack of strategic thinking. He is probably very talented in what he does but not everyone can fit in the extremely high pace top-heavy environment such as our military companies are going through right now. Some smaller projects where he has total control seem to fit his I'm-right-and-everyone-else-is-wrong personality better. The problem with Turkey is that this kind of personality is extremely common.

Forget everything I wrote. This guy seems to have been arrested for espionage. He is definitely not to be trusted if this is true.

Last edited:

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As they say, it takes decades to build a successful company but only minutes to ruin it.
It's unfortunate that you ended a good article with this.

You can't ruin a successful company, that's Facebookist uncles and troll bullshit. It is in demand not only in Turkiye but all over the world.

Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can't ruin a successful company, that's Facebookist uncles and troll bullshit.
What do you think about Ericsson, Nokia and Philips? All of them were global tech leaders of their time but are now a mere shadows. Could this not happen to any of our defence companies based on their own or state decisions?

But closer to heart, didn't poor state decisions doom our defence industry early on? What prevents this from happening again when all sides in our immature political environment politicize our own defence.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What do you think about Ericsson, Nokia and Philips? All of them were global tech leaders of their time but are now a mere shadows. Could this not happen to any of our defence companies based on their own or state decisions?

But closer to heart, didn't poor state decisions doom our defence industry early on? What prevents this from happening again when all sides in our immature political environment politicize our own defence.
Their governments/states did not ruin them. They could not keep up with the developing technology and the world.

Some governments may put more emphasis on the economy, health, education, etc. than on the army. These are political choices. The important thing is that this is not deliberate and does not weaken the country militarily.

After all, institutions and organizations continue their work in their own way and in harmony with the world.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
It's unfortunate that you ended a good article with this.

You can't ruin a successful company, that's Facebookist uncles and troll bullshit. It is in demand not only in Turkiye but all over the world.
Of course you can, history is littered with the corpses of seemingly successful companies that were killed through a series of bad decisions.

Ahlatshah

Reactions
7 223
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Their governments/states did not ruin them. They could not keep up with the developing technology and the world.

Some governments may put more emphasis on the economy, health, education, etc. than on the army. These are political choices. The important thing is that this is not deliberate and does not weaken the country militarily.

After all, institutions and organizations continue their work in their own way and in harmony with the world.
You are right about Eriksson, Nokia etc. But company of Nuri Demirağ was deliberately ruined by the government of the time. They didnt buy ordered aircrafts and they didnt give permission to export. History tells us if a defense company clashes with government anyhow, its future becomes dark. So there is real concern about slowing down Baykar. It is something we can't afford it.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are right about Eriksson, Nokia etc. But company of Nuri Demirağ was deliberately ruined by the government of the time. They didnt buy ordered aircrafts and they didnt give permission to export. History tells us if a defense company clashes with government anyhow, its future becomes dark. So there is real concern about slowing down Baykar. It is something we can't afford it.
I don't know what to say. Discussing today with 100 years ago. It's like the comfort of criticizing the Treaty of Lausanne today...

Can we go into the village institutes and the Devrim automobile if you want?

I warned you not to be like the Facebook uncles, but you never read. I wonder how old you are.

Ahlatshah

Reactions
7 223
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know what to say. Discussing today with 100 years ago. It's like the comfort of criticizing the Treaty of Lausanne today...

Can we go into the village institutes and the Devrim automobile if you want?

I warned you not to be like the Facebook uncles, but you never read. I wonder how old you are.
I will answer that. I am 39 and you sound like my students in university who think talking about past is pointless and history can not repeat itself

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I will answer that. I am 39 and you sound like my students in university who think talking about past is pointless and history can not repeat itself
Agreed
Since one of the things my dad drilled in me since I was 15 years old is that History always repeats itself unless we learn from our previous mistakes which we never do. He used to repeat that sentence hundreds of times for me on multiple occasions

Funny thing is, I never understood what it mean until I became 19 years old, lool

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think you should listen to your students, that's why I like the new generations, because they are more logical and positive... People like Nuri Demirağ, Vecihi Hürkuş, Kirkor Divarci, etc. are historical figures.

What is development, progress? I hate being stuck in the past. I don't like it when people repeat the same things like parrots in a vicious circle that does not contribute to development.

Last edited:

MhhJA

Reactions
2 253
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think you should listen to your students, that's why I like the new generations, because they are more logical and positive... People like Nuri Demirağ, Vecihi Hürkuş, Kirkor Divarci, etc. are historical figures.

What is development, progress? I hate being stuck in the past, I don't like it when people repeat the same things like parrots.
I don't get why pointing out past errors shouldn't contribute to development. In fact seeing these errors and noticing them, learing from them and most importantly not repeating them is what brings you forward.

And therefore we can be positive but not naive and overlook possible dangers.

Ahlatshah

Reactions
7 223
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

What is development, progress? I hate being stuck in the past. I don't like it when people repeat the same things like parrots in a vicious circle that does not contribute to development.
It would be an honor and privilege to see them surpassing me and their teachers (some of them already does) and I have no doubt they will to do so. In a sense they have to. Having said that, they must learn the history of their field of study in order to avoid the same mistakes. For all we must. There are some legitimate concerns about our defense industry because bad things happened in the past, it may very well happen in the future. But if you take this as stucking in the past and call the parrot (which is not kind at the very least) who pointing out these warnings, I will say no more and end this conversation here

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,097
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Vechi Hurkus died poor too.

Ataturk took patronage of him and even funded his aircraft programs after Ataturk died successive governements cut off Hurkus.

Even in his funeral barely anybody came.

Nuri Pasha got killed in his own weapons factory. Lots of conspiracy range from the Turkish government sabotage or the Soviets doing the sabotage.

Nuri Pasha' body has never been found and his weapons factory all but gone.

Lots of tragedy and things we dont know.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom