Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am of the opinion that Tactical & Joint Communication issues are the most important challenge to ensure the operational effectiveness of unmanned fighter jets as more agile platforms and in multiple numbers on battlefield.
Yes Hocam,people dont see or dont know those challenges because they dont know the effort it takes to make sure all these different system are interoperable without outside interference.

sh. Abdj

Reactions
Nation of residence
Gabon
Nation of origin
Lebanon
You must think of the doctrine applied here.
The KIZILELMA and Anka's are not alone,they are just a part of our defence doctrine.
TFX,F-16,Anka III,KIZILELMA,TB2,Boeing 737 AEW&C ,Hisar SIPER Air Defence Systems,Tf-2000 etc all together defend Turkish territory.
You only need what is necesarry to defend your territory,to much is a just a burden.
Defend what and Against who. If it is EU or Current Russia yes but you have to be ready the enemy will reach some of your cities and inflect harm. And if it is these same powers backed by the 2 big boys you should have at least thousands of TB's and Anka's and hundreds of fighter. Some think about Allies and Nato and Assumptions just be ready for everything then enjoy the thoughts of friends with good will. And what ever the burden is it will be better than history repeating and enemies reaching the homeland from all sides.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,190
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We have around 300 fighters. If we try to make 300 TFX it will cost insane amounts to build and operate. 100-150 TFX and 300 something drones would likely be cheaper to operate and UAV pilots are considerably easier to train than fighter pilots aren't they? I mean if we use quoted 100 million $ per unit and considering fighters have a lifetime cost about 2-3 times that of purchase price, we could be looking at 90 billion$ for just fighter fleet without anything else.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Defend what and Against who. If it is EU or Current Russia yes but you have to be ready the enemy will reach some of your cities and inflect harm. And if it is these same powers backed by the 2 big boys you should have at least thousands of TB's and Anka's and hundreds of fighter. Some think about Allies and Nato and Assumptions just be ready for everything then enjoy the thoughts of friends with good will. And what ever the burden is it will be better than history repeating and enemies reaching the homeland from all sides.
You are overthinking it,no ''big boy'' will ever dare to attack my country.
We are not Iraq,Afghanistan,Libya,Syria etc.
Dont worry,we are born ready. ;) ;) ;)

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,054
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I dont know whats more absurd, that the EU would actually be aligned on one foreign policy topic for once, dare to attack Turkey (its a political and economic union after all) or that the US and the EU would double tag Turkey.

Greece couldnt even get the EU to agree on anything significant against Turkey while we were (in their eyes) violating their sovereignty. The EU cant even agree on a unified stance against Russia.

Sometimes its good to go outside and breathe some fresh air.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,054
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
300 KIZILELMA and 300 Anka means 600 ''pilots'',plus maintenance crew,spareparts,engines,fuel etc.
Do you see the costs of operating 600 of them?
Just 600 Super PC game players are enough

Hire and train these 600 ''pilots'' is far easier than real 'pilots, because they dont need to bear G force in sky,they even can wear glasses.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
A single Kratos XQ-58 Valkyrie only costs $7,750,000 dollars in other words if the Kizilelma or Anka 3 costs more then that is a failure.

lol

expensive, it will not have Flir, satcom, radar, sensor package and it will be used as kamikaze drone. When you begin to add subsystems Kratos will go to 40 million dollars, and it is not exen operational and it will cost more then 7 million dollar each. As system it will cost maybe 100 million dollar. When you compare drones should ask what a single ANKA or TB2 cost :LOL: .

sh. Abdj

Reactions
Nation of residence
Gabon
Nation of origin
Lebanon
I dont know whats more absurd, that the EU would actually be aligned on one foreign policy topic for once, dare to attack Turkey (its a political and economic union after all) or that the US and the EU would double tag Turkey.

Greece couldnt even get the EU to agree on anything significant against Turkey while we were (in their eyes) violating their sovereignty. The EU cant even agree on a unified stance against Russia.

Sometimes its good to go outside and breathe some fresh air.
This support to Greece is reality. France and other EU members sold products like latest Rafeal ... Much earlier with easy payments, US sent more than Thousand Armored vehicle to Greece much earlier and this was more than 10× of what they where giving to Ukraine in that time so imagine in War time. Anyway Countries prepare for the worst scinarios and wish the best one happen. Even before that Greece Army compared to the country size shows a clear foreign support directly and indirectly. Just compare between Greece Army and airforce and even less the navy with big countries like Spain, Italy, Germany, and even France and UK and you will know Greece ambition's.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,378
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
lol

expensive, it will not have Flir, satcom, radar, sensor package and it will be used as kamikaze drone. When you begin to add subsystems Kratos will go to 40 million dollars, and it is not exen operational and it will cost more then 7 million dollar each. As system it will cost maybe 100 million dollar. When you compare drones should ask what a single ANKA or TB2 cost :LOL: .

Quote-
"Officials of the Naval Air Warfare Aircraft Division at Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Md., announced a $15.5 million contract to Kratos for two XQ-58A Valkyrie unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) with sensor and weapon system payloads."
Unquote-

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A single Kratos XQ-58 Valkyrie only costs $7,750,000 dollars in other words if the Kizilelma or Anka 3 costs more then that is a failure.
According to your analogy, f35 rafale ef2000 is a huge failure.

Kratos xq58 is a drone capable of accomodate 1/6th of what KE and Anka 3 able to carry. In the other words, the munitions that those platform carry worth more than xq58.

sh. Abdj

Reactions
Nation of residence
Gabon
Nation of origin
Lebanon
You are overthinking it,no ''big boy'' will ever dare to attack my country.
We are not Iraq,Afghanistan,Libya,Syria etc.
Dont worry,we are born ready. ;) ;) ;)
I am not worried Turkey will have Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, ... Problem. I am worried Turkey have Russia like Problem with sanctions having bigger effect, I just hope the country find more natural resources, its people be more united sharing one big vision for greatness, and the Government and Army don't make the mistake of trusting the wrong Allies who act like enemies supporting the enemies and blocking what benefit this country. Any little prolonged war will be so bad for Turkey with such Allies.

Last edited:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,054
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am not worried Turkey will have Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, ... Problem. I am worried Turkey have Russia like Problem with sanctions having bigger effect, I just hope the country find more natural resources, its people be more united sharing one big vision for greatness, and the Government and Army don't make the mistake of trusting the wrong Allies who act like enemies supporting the enemies and blocking what benefit this country. Any little prolonged war will be so bad for Turkey with such Allies.

Let's take this discussion into the geopolitics thread.

python34

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dünyada-Bir-İlk-Bayraktar-KIZILELMA-ve-Bayraktar-AKINCI-Formasyon-Uçuşunda.00_00_42_02.Still001.jpg
Dünyada-Bir-İlk-Bayraktar-KIZILELMA-ve-Bayraktar-AKINCI-Formasyon-Uçuşunda.00_01_25_12.Still007.jpg
Dünyada-Bir-İlk-Bayraktar-KIZILELMA-ve-Bayraktar-AKINCI-Formasyon-Uçuşunda.00_01_35_09.Still009.jpg

Top Bottom