ANKA-S with MAM

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey

Military should experiment with launching drones from vehicles such as Cobra, Vuran, Kirpi. It will allow to launch more capable drones compared to electric powered quadcopters. Drone should be able to be controlled from the inside vehicle. It will greatly increase situational awareness.

AFV-420P+Mosquito+with+M2HB+_50cal+on+ASELSAN+SARP+RCWS-3.jpg

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if SSB explored the concept of leasing defense systems. Platforms like TB2, Anka are perfect for leasing. Low maintenance and high tech. Government can make some of their money back on drone purchases by leasing to friendly countries. Systems would then go back to the inventory after lease is complete. We can even lease UCAV systems but probably that wouldn't be disclosed publicly.

We can lease Hurkus, Hurjet etc. too

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Would anyone know if the government has contracted or are cooperating with universities on establishing domestic gps systems and such ?

I was thinking that the domestic rotax engine could be used by universities to test and experiment on different design and platform.

Vehicle launched UAV, would probably have to be unarmed, But if we're talking about Kargu, why not. quadpack kargu/harop style launchers could be awesome :)

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

It's going to be a pretty awesome having Barkan in operations. Though I imagine they'll need to develop smaller sizes that can be brought along inside troop transport and such.

Part of swarm technology to work under cloud system BAHA. We might need to call back Arnold from his retirement....

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,336
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have read that several EU countries are negotiating for Bayraktar drone, Germany and UK is one of them. I am not going to share the source i have doubt about that. But anyone with reliable source? :D

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,289
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have read that several EU countries are negotiating for Bayraktar drone, Germany and UK is one of them. I am not going to share the source i have doubt about that. But anyone with reliable source? :D
The UK has been mulling the idea of acquiring UCAVs for quite a while, especially after the Karabagh II cobflict, however, I think it's unlikely for them to purchase it directly as a ready product. If at all, I think they'd go for a joint project or custom-made drones.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
I discussed this on another thread but what about TV guided missiles used from the Akinci, it could guide its own missiles or other UAV or fighters missile via RF pod mounted on belly.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if Baykar used/using L39 Albatros as a reference for designing subsonic aircraft. I am not saying it would look like L39. Although MIUS will be similar size of a trainer jet. It does make sense as it one of the most widely used trainer jet. Many research available on L39. It uses the same engine that is planned for MIUS.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,289
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if Baykar used/using L39 Albatros as a reference for designing subsonic aircraft. I am not saying it would look like L39. Although MIUS will be similar size of a trainer jet. It does make sense as it one of the most widely used trainer jet. Many research available on L39. It uses the same engine that is planned for MIUS.
Why specifically L-39?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom