Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,737
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If everything inside is not burned, the damaged compartments can be cut out. The sub-block is built in a modular manner
Bingo

Another example of a heavily damaged submarine put back to life by removing and replacing the Block, the French SSN Perle.

12 June 2020: Perle is damaged in a fire while in overhaul inside Toulon naval base:

Perle-SSN-repairs-1-1024x617.jpeg
12 June 2020: Perle is damaged in a fire while in overhaul inside Toulon naval base.
10 December 2020: Perle leaves Toulon aboard semi-submersible vessel Rolldock Storm.

22 December 2020: Perle reaches Naval Group’s submarine shipyard in Cherbourg.

February 2021: Perle and Saphir are both cut in half:

Perle-SSN-repairs-3-1024x577.jpeg
February 2021: Perle and Saphir are both cut in half.
March 2021: Preparation work for the junction of the two hulls sections:

Perle-SSN-repairs-4-1024x515.jpeg
March 2021: Preparation work for the junction of the two hulls sections.
April 2021: Wielding of the aft section of Perle with the forward section of Saphir.

Summer 2021: Undocking from the repair dry dock and start of overhaul work

Late 2021: Transit toward Toulon naval base to finish overhaul work

2023: Perle back in operational service:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
63 7,883
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mean it looks a bit rough, but looks like it is repairable.

some comparison on damage on other ships

1280px-US_Navy_050127-N-4658L-030_Submarine_USS_San_Francisco_in_dry_dock_to_assess_damage_Guam_Jan_8_2005.jpg
Absolutely not. San Fransisco's pressured hull wasn't breached and she returned to base under her own power.

This Kilo is dead. Not even sure if it can even be repaired at all judging by the third photo that came out. Even if they could, absolutely not in Sevastopol.

Perle is an SSN, for which the French had a donor lying around which was just decommissioned. They spent at least 100 million to bring it back to service. Russians won't do that.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,737
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ammunition production capacity is important. However, if you cannot find raw materials, you cannot use that capacity in a meaningful way. In fact, it should not be forgotten that today's technologies are more complex than those of the World War II period and nothing can be produced without rare earth elements. Modifications that can be made to designs in order to produce with economy of scale will be waiting for us in the new period.

If the war becomes so difficult that designs must be reworked due to raw material shortage, it will strain the capabilities of NATO and anti-China countries. Countries that have been able to produce cost-effectively without any shortage of raw materials will now be tested with the design quality they boast about. We will see together how far they can push the limits.

The issue of rare earth material is more about higher safety and environmental considerations in the West than in China. They could rebuild their rare earth industry but the consequence is that the ecology will be hit hard. In peace this is unacceptable for the West, at war they'll do it eventually.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
63 30,359
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The issue of rare earth material is more about higher safety and environmental considerations in the West than in China. They could rebuild their rare earth industry but the consequence is that the ecology will be hit hard. In peace this is unacceptable for the West, at war they'll do it eventually.

F2oKQb3XsAAO6EH.jpg

F0lwGVnXsAEwFVM.jpg

The problem is not just the production and processing of 3-5 rare earth elements. China has a monopoly on 17 different elements. And in the event of an embargo, the rest of the world will enter into a large-scale supply crisis due to the volatility in the market and prices. This will increase prices. Even if the West starts production as you say, it is not possible to produce satisfactory production in the context of economies of scale. We are not just talking about defense industry production here. Here we are also talking about the needs of the civilian industry. Even if the USA or the West produces enough for the defense industry, what will happen to their economies? If you can't keep the economy afloat, then how will you win the war of attrition?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,214
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
If everything inside is not burned, the damaged compartments can be cut out. The sub-block is built in a modular manner

Then there is repairs and maintence.

Not good news at all. Especially in a war.

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,551
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Canada 🇨🇦 is purchasing "hundreds" of AIM-7 and AIM-9 air defense missiles for Ukraine, for $33 million CAD. The AIM-9 missiles will be used in Ukraine's NASAMs systems, while the AIM-7 missiles will be used in the retrofitted BUK systems.

Canada has already sent more than 300 short and medium range air defense missiles to Ukraine and this package will likely consist of at least 250 more.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 738
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
I guess rather if a submarine can be repaired or not is not enough to keep everyone distracted from the intended results of the counteroffensive being a failure sadly.

think the missing F-35 depending on where it's at will be the bigger problem for the west and if information gets exchanged. So here we have everyone busy laughing at a kilo sub when the biggest fuck up of the century is somehow Cuba having an F-35 in their custody. I sure hope they don't use any mobile radars to get an RCS reading of the aircraft and share it with the Russians or Chinese.

Last edited:

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,551
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
I guess rather if a submarine can be repaired or not is not enough to keep everyone distracted from the intended results of the counteroffensive being a failure sadly.

think the missing F-35 depending on where it's at will be the bigger problem for the west and if information gets exchanged. So here we have everyone busy laughing at a kilo sub when the biggest fuck up of the century is somehow Cuba having an F-35 in their custody. I sure hope they don't use any mobile radars to get an RCS reading of the aircraft and share it with the Russians or Chinese.
Lol... Calling the counter offensive a failure when Ukraine still has the vast majority of equipment intended for the operation serviceable and Russia is facing massive attrition in the South and has retreated from the settlements south of Bahkmut, is high level Russian cope. Ukraine is slowly, but surely, taking ground and causing Russia to rush reinforcements to the battlefield that aren't ready.

Russia was facing such high attrition that they had to send the 25th CAA into combat before they could fully train its personnel and with 55% of the intended armor for the army...

Patience. The offensive is moving slowly but surely.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 738
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Lol... Calling the counter offensive a failure when Ukraine still has the vast majority of equipment intended for the operation serviceable and Russia is facing massive attrition in the South and has retreated from the settlements south of Bahkmut, is high level Russian cope. Ukraine is slowly, but surely, taking ground and causing Russia to rush reinforcements to the battlefield that aren't ready.

Russia was facing such high attrition that they had to send the 25th CAA into combat before they could fully train its personnel and with 55% of the intended armor for the army...

Patience. The offensive is moving slowly but surely.
So I guess for the next offensive Russians are going to have to fight ukrainian students and women. I just found out that one of my favorite game developers of STALKER 2 died in Bakhmut. Most of the areas you are talking about are still contested, the purpose of the offensive was Sea of Azov not some small territorial gains that can be retaken time and time again. I honestly dont care about both sides mass producing artillery or the territory that gets grabbed anymore back and forth since last year. I am just looking at which sides join the military more and which side has to force mobilization as a matter of attrition.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 738
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Jesus the 3rd new drone design this past 2 weeks and based on the lancet production I guess their MMIC production must have came to effect.

it has 3 times the range as switchblade 300, 50 meter higher flight altitudes. weighs less than switchblade, uses a 500g payload with plans to bump it to 2kg, switchblade 300 explosive is compared to a 40mm grenade which is a weight of 239g. So, I guess not only Russia is great at making large stealth drones but miniature military drones as well. 500grams can shave off 200mm of armor so enough to destroy IFVs or APCs, lancet-3s have destroyed leopards and if the weight is bumped up to 2kg it is only 1kg away from doing this like the lancet-3

1695071594611.png

Last edited:

Azeri441

Committed member
Reactions
2 1,145
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
you can't compare repairing multi-billion dollar nuclear submarines that cannot be replaced easily to a diesel sub that has been in production for decades and costs 200m, it will be cheaper to just replace it, they are not expensive subs to begin with and have been in production for decades.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 738
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
If we are using rubbles for currency its more likely a multimillion dollar sub if a source is telling me 13 billion rubbles than the cost is only just slightly higher than the U.S. losing an F-35 on whatever the fuck it went to, other than sources saying it's in Cuba, if it is Cuba in pieces that F-35 can still compromise a trillion dollar program that was intended for the west to deal with the east. just like they moved their bombers to a different location because of drone attacks, maybe they will resolve the ship/sub parking problem, current production of other submarines projects is still ongoing. They even built a barrier around the crimean bridge to deal with drones. Live an learn is all I got to say. But I still think the F-35 going autopilot somewhere is a monumental fuck up for NATO that can't compare to Russia losing a single submarine in regards to news this week.

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,551
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Germany 🇩🇪 will send another $428 million usd aid package to Ukraine. The specific details of the package of not yet been released, but according to German defense Minister Boris Pistorious is will include (but is not limited to) the following....

- Ammunition
- Hight explosive artillery rounds
- Mortar shells
- Anti-aircraft missiles
- Winter Gear
- Power and heat generators

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 738
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia

If US presidential candidate Donald Trump wins, relations between the United States and Europe will deteriorate sharply. In addition, it is possible that Trump will shift everything related to responsibility for Ukraine to the Europeans and withdraw America from it. This opinion was expressed in a conversation with Izvestia on September 18 by American political scientist Malek Dudakov.

The day before, German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock, in an interview with Bloomberg, said that Europe would be better prepared for Trump's possible return to power following the 2024 presidential election than in 2016.

As Dudakov noted, Baerbock's fears are quite obvious, but the leaders of European countries can only prepare for this morally and in no other way, since Europe depends on the United States both economically and military-technically.

"At the same time, I would not say that during the reign of the current US President Joe Biden, relations with Europe have become quite joyful. Many contradictions are trying to somehow "sweep under the carpet", but at the same time they remain. Americans make money on the problems of Europeans - they transfer production from Europe, it is quite possible that they blew up Nord Stream, and so on, "the political scientist noted.

If Trump comes to power in the United States, then, in his opinion, relations with Europe will deteriorate sharply, including at the public level.

"I admit that he will simply shift everything related to responsibility for Ukraine to the Europeans, and he will take America out of this conflict," Dudakov summed up.

Zero influence: why the fourth accusation will not affect Trump's support
And what are the opponents of the former head of the White House betting on?

The day before, Trump said that Ukraine could avoid an escalation of the conflict with Russia by agreeing to give up part of the territories. He noted that if the Kiev authorities had made such a deal, it would have been possible to save the lives of military and civilians, as well as save the country.

In addition, Trump has repeatedly argued that if he wins the presidential election in 2024, he would have resolved the Ukrainian conflict in a day.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,214
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russia has all these weapons in its disposal?

Dont they have submarines which can carry ballistic missiles?

All I ever saw is Russian capabilities acting dormant in this entire war.

"Superpower" lol

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 738
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Russia has all these weapons in its disposal?

Dont they have submarines which can carry ballistic missiles?

All I ever saw is Russian capabilities acting dormant in this entire war.

"Superpower" lol
wanting russia to use ballistic missiles from subs, man come on, are you really tired of living that everyone has to get nuked with you? If Russians don't do shit like not launching a major offensive after November 2024 or before it, i will be pro-ukrainian with everyone else here as a promise.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,214
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
wanting russia to use ballistic missiles from subs, man come on, are you really tired of living that everyone has to get nuked with you? If Russians don't do shit like not launching a major offensive after November 2024 or before it, i will be pro-ukrainian with everyone else here as a promise.

You have all these capabilities to ensure victory.

I dont see any of it. Also your Vdv troops the cream of the crop got wiped out in Hostomel.

Then again what this war also showed the resilience of Russia's war industry and to adapt to the challenges of facing isolation.

Once again people could be laughing at Russia at the same time they are an enemy that cant be underestimated.

Thats my 50/50 take. Ballistic missiles I mean conventional ones not nuclear.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom