Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,477
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Consider w.r.t Moskva (esp last point consequence):

- Most powerful warship sunk in action since 1945 in contemporary relative terms and by absolute terms by a long margin.

- Very recently modernized and SLEPed, and was one of Russia’s most functional warships

- Their go-to ship for lots of big tasks in the last six years, including the first Crimea, Syrian and Mediterranean operations.

- It was the most capable AAW combatant that the Black Sea Fleet had by far.

- Their remaining vessels should now be far more vulnerable to missile attack.

@MisterLike @Anmdt et al.

===============

This just recently in TIFWIW:

Only 14 out of 500+ mariners from the sunken cruiser "Moscow" have been brought on a cutter to Sevastopol.

The fate of the remaining 496 is unknown - Roman Tsymbaliuk, UNIAN correspondent

+For a country that puts a lot of emphasis on symbolism, having a ship named after your capital to sink is a humiliation beyond belief.

+Russia will likely having a hard time to build ship this size anymore. Their recent modernization are focused on ships with tonnage between 2000-5000 tons. The Moskva is at 12000.

+Russia is flanked by naval powers from all side, Japan to the East, Europe to the West, Turkey to the South and the US (which is everywhere). Losing seagoing ships like this and in this manner really crush the perception of Russia as a major naval power.
This is another major blow to Putins attempt to restore Russia as a world military power, with the Kuznetsov in repairs, the Admiral Nakhimov still in modernization process and most of their large surface ship are cold war leftovers with varying degrees of readiness. I find it hard the Russian surface navy will have any significant role in Putin's grand plan to restore Russia to their previous Soviet glory.

I'd say before the war, from the world's top major power Russia has the least capable navy behind that of US, China, Japan, UK, France, Italy and SK. Now battlefield losses such as the Moskva will exacerbate that even more.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,354
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
Alot of you are seeing Russia army as weak without knowing the kind of war that Russia is facing , thats make some example .
The Canada vs USA war break out and Canada has full support of China, Russia , Iran , Turkey and some tens of others coutries .
USA knowing that Canadians are white people and almost same kin cant just bomb 24/7 civilian areas and kill them all like in Iraq , libya, syria etc but just some airstrike in military area .
So USA sent 150 k soldiers to capture some part of Canada and deatroy Canadians goverment .
So now tell me , USA tanks and armored vihacles will move safe accross Canada streets while China Russia and others supplies it with millions of Anti tank missiles??
Tell me Canada will get all kind of intel about USA Aircrafts , USA desteoyes etc .
So if Canada has intel where the the US warship is and has Anti ship missile cant Canada hit US warship if it fire 5 Anti ship missiles and sent drones upon her ?!

bro , let us live in peace :LOL:

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,312
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
If I were in Mr. Putin's shoes, I'd have a rapid hair transplant in Türkiye only to be able to pluck it all off from the stress and humiliation.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

In fact we have a platform that fits full of Ukraine's urgent needs. However, do we give it? I am not sure.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Shame about the 40 year old Russian cruiser being sunk. Lol. If Ukraine keeps up with these heli attacks on Russia, they will find a couple missiles landing on their political elites head.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,354
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can our atmaca missiles do the same to French destroyers?I don't think we will be able hit powerful AAW ships like Horizon class or FREMM.

OF course it can hit, you will attack with Tactics and strategic. You will use ESM localise your enemy, and them attack them with EW. You will fire maybe 10 Atmaca or 16 atmaca against. Or Cakir will be used, with USV firing. IT is not only 1 weapon against your enemy.

Diictodon

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
lol

Attachments

• FQRucrEWUAQe3Ue.png
    FQRucrEWUAQe3Ue.png
    391.7 KB · Views: 84

Follow us on social media