Live Conflict Ukraine-Russia War

FiReFTW

Reactions
2 97
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Switzerland
What has happened? Russia decided to attack Ukraine, expecting Ukraine to fold in a few days by the Red army taking Kiev. Unexpectedly that did not happen. A large number of countries then decided to support Ukraine by supplying it with weapons. Many countries that supplied weapons to Ukraine forbade Ukraine to use them to strike at targets in Russia, such as military bases used to strike Ukraine.

Tell me, are North Korea and Iran supplying weapons to Russia with the proviso that they must not be used to strike at military bases within Ukraine? I don't think so.

What Ukraine is asking is for permission to use the weapons it has to undermine Russia's ability to attack it by hitting at the source of those attacks inside Russia. In my view it is logical and legal for a country under attack to try to reduce the incidence of attacks it suffers by striking at their source.

Escalation: the ultimate escalation is to replace a state of peace with a state of war, as Russia has done.
Ukraine does not have nuclear weapons so obviously no, but you don't want to play with someone who does have, the most nuclear weapons in the world, I mean how st*pid can you get... even zelensky said Ukraine has no interest in going after russian territory or attacking russian territory a while ago, now suddenly lone and behold he changes his mind, i wonder why.

contricusc

Contributor
Reactions
2 693
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
Ukraine does not have nuclear weapons so obviously no, but you don't want to play with someone who does have, the most nuclear weapons in the world, I mean how st*pid can you get... even zelensky said Ukraine has no interest in going after russian territory or attacking russian territory a while ago, now suddenly lone and behold he changes his mind, i wonder why.

You seem to be very concerned about the escalation made by Western nations, but you always forget that the only real escalation was made by Russia when it invaded.

Russia can easily deescalate the conflict anytime it wants to, not through nuclear weapons, but by withdrawing from Ukraine and making peace.

If Russia is concerned that NATO tanks will be at the gates of Moscow, it can simply withdraw from Ukraine now and there will be peace again, and nobody will bomb or invade Russia. Pretty simple and cheap solution. It doesn’t cost them money or soldiers.

As long as Russia is in Ukraine, NATO should escalate as much as it wants, because Russia always has the “cheat card” of ending the conflict whenever it has had enough, by withdrawing from Ukraine.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom