Greece
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to Others

My favourite shooter game:
Sniper Elite 4

My favourite strategy game:
Medieval 2 Total War
Command & Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour
Medieval 2 total war is my favorite strategy game! Check Crusader kings 2...it's great also!

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Medieval 2 total war is my favorite strategy game!
What mod do you use with Medieval 2 Total War? I have Europa Barbarorum 2 for antiquity time period. Although I'm very interested with 10th - 12th century period, the only mod that cover the time period (and good enough by my standard) is the Stainless Steel Improvement Project, unfortunately the mod team making it difficult to download their mod

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
What mod do you use with Medieval 2 Total War? I have Europa Barbarorum 2 for antiquity time period. Although I'm very interested with 10th - 12th century period, the only mod that cover the time period (and good enough by my standard) is the Stainless Steel Improvement Project, unfortunately the mod team making it difficult to download their mod
I remember playing with the Stainless Steel mod

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Medieval 2 total war is my favorite strategy game! Check Crusader kings 2...it's great also!

What is your favourite faction?

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Mine, for M2TW,

if I want to go battle with mounted archery,
I pick the Turks faction
(they have Turkoman & Sipahi unit).

If I want to use mostly, cavalry,
I pick the Egypt faction
(they have Mamluk unit).

If I want to use long range shooter,
I pick the Moors faction
(they have Camel Gunner unit).

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just played AoE2 DE
This game is cancerous. After like 40 or so game my elo is 700.

When you lose a game, sometimes it frustrates you all the way to a sanctuary.
Also wtf is the reason behind Turks lacking halberdiers and elite skirmishers anyway?

Skirmishing(on horseback) was our traditional game throughout history. For the halberdiers, what are these:
https://images.app.goo.gl/pFiEhrEDxdKNssR97 (the one in left)

Also why would archers upgrade to crossbowmen? Composite bowmen were superior to crossbowmen, latters only advantage being easiy to train.
When you design a game with such a Frank-ish mindset no wonder why Franks are the strongest civ.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,004
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just played AoE2 DE
This game is cancerous. After like 40 or so game my elo is 700.

When you lose a game, sometimes it frustrates you all the way to a sanctuary.
Also wtf is the reason behind Turks lacking halberdiers and elite skirmishers anyway?

Skirmishing(on horseback) was our traditional game throughout history. For the halberdiers, what are these:
https://images.app.goo.gl/pFiEhrEDxdKNssR97 (the one in left)

Also why would archers upgrade to crossbowmen? Composite bowmen were superior to crossbowmen, latters only advantage being easiy to train.
When you design a game with such a Frank-ish mindset no wonder why Franks are the strongest civ.

Age of empires and the total war series are ignorant when it comes to non western factions because they think all our armies are comprised of peasants nothing else.

Look at the units of the Turks in medieval 2 its just utter garbage only good units you get is in the late period by then you get steam rolled by the Mongols then the Timurids.

Honestly play mods that are dedicated to medieval 2 like broken crescent. Broken crescent literally gives justice to the Turkic and Islamic factions. So many awesome and diverse units.

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Age of empires and the total war series are ignorant when it comes to non western factions because they think all our armies are comprised of peasants nothing else.

Look at the units of the Turks in medieval 2 its just utter garbage only good units you get is in the late period by then you get steam rolled by the Mongols then the Timurids.

Honestly play mods that are dedicated to medieval 2 like broken crescent. Broken crescent literally gives justice to the Turkic and Islamic factions. So many awesome and diverse units.
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
For M2TW, I only play the basic one, not with the mod.
Yes, sometimes I feel frustrated
when majority of Islamic faction units are inferior
compare to Western one.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

You say this but according to LegendOfTotalWar(a guy who makes world records with his blits campaigns) say Turks are the easiest faction to take over the map. Also have the strongest early army due to Turkoman horse archers.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

don't forget the voice acting. My brother used to mock it a lot. Turks sound like they're a dirty uncle eating lamb with gravel whenever you here "SuLLLLLLLLHHHhtAAAAN! DEH INPHIDEHLS ARRRRRE RETREEEETING"

Honestly looking back that shit is casually racist as fuck. Recently played Odyssey and every Greek character in that has the same sort of typecast "dirty peasant foreigner from a hot place" voice-acting as you get in ME2.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
don't forget the voice acting. My brother used to mock it a lot. Turks sound like they're a dirty uncle eating lamb with gravel whenever you here "SuLLLLLLLLHHHhtAAAAN! DEH INPHIDEHLS ARRRRRE RETREEEETING"

Honestly looking back that shit is casually racist as fuck. Recently played Odyssey and every Greek character in that has the same sort of typecast "dirty peasant foreigner from a hot place" voice-acting as you get in ME2.

I actually thought it was funny the way he spoke. Also after losing half of the army the way he said ''merciful Allah...we have lost half our men!'' always gave me chills.

My biggest problem with Turks in the game was their ''casual islamic look'' and the overly stereotyped troops.
The green colour, the Arab looking faces of the troops, the name of the troops...

Naffatun(first time I heard this word was in the game and I am a history nerd, sounds very middle east though), saracen militia(crusaders never called Turks saracens they actually considered them pagans during crusades simply because Turkmens still not having learnt islam at the age), hashashim(hashashins?, anyway hashashins and Hassan Sabbah were enemies of Seljuks), also all the janissary units(this goes for every strategy game that involves Turks actually): janissaries were like the praetorian guards of Roman Empire or Varangian guards in Byzantine Empire.
- Casually 5000 men(entire army was like 60.000 men imagine)
- Elite troops with foreign origins used to defend the sultan from the Turkish noble aristocracy.

For some reason they dont promote Varangian guards of Byzantine Empire or anything but they are obsessed with Janissaries.
Maybe its because of their exotic origins(though Varangian Guards also had exotic origins) or their funny hats but it needs to stop.
We started seeing ignorant people, even among some Turks thinking the army was overwhelmingly janissaries.
It was not. The anachronists/military observers of Europe such as Venetians always reported the dangerousness of Turkish cavalry. Their discipline, equipment, tactics, skills etc.
Janissaries became famous later on in the 18th-19th centuries partly due to orientalism. Before that, they werent taken that seriously.
I am not downplaying their importance but their importance was more related to their political power rather than their military roles. They did prove useful in some critical battles such as Varna. But even in Varna there was an extraordinary circumstance. Sipahis were occupied with Hunyadi's units. Polish King seeing this as an opportunity attacked the Sultan in an attempt to kill him. Janissaries killed him and put his head on a spike, discouraging and routing the crusader army.

Top Bottom