Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
if you have good relations with talibans as indicated, why not?
Because I can't beam ressources from Afghanistan to Turkey. So staying there while every other involved nation but the neighbors wipe their hands clean is not my cup of tea.

If we stay behind and have to withdraw that'll also be a stain upon TSK. So it's better to leave the region and see what happens.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Because I can't beam ressources from Afghanistan to Turkey. So staying there while every other involved nation but the neighbors wipe their hands clean is not my cup of tea.

If we stay behind and have to withdraw that'll also be a stain upon TSK. So it's better to leave the region and see what happens.
you have a point but there is also strong possibility in reaping profit and benefits from it. if you place partially your bet on talibans and long term stability provided by their governing i think it is expected that turkey take part in future infrastructure and various economy projects based on wast abundance of mineral resources there. it depends what MIT calculated and predicted and along that suggested to the decision makers.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
you have a point but there is also strong possibility in reaping profit and benefits from it. if you place partially your bet on talibans and long term stability provided by their governing i think it is expected that turkey take part in future infrastructure and various economy projects based on wast abundance of mineral resources there. it depends what MIT calculated and predicted and along that suggested to the decision makers.
We don't even have the money to help rebuild Libya, which is much closer and we can sail to it.

How are we going to rebuild Afghanistan in a region that is more problematic. China and Russia would have easier time rebuilding Afghanistan, especially China, given their investments in Pakistan.

Pakistan would not gain much but more secure border through China's investment etc.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
We don't even have the money to help rebuild Libya, which is much closer and we can sail to it.

How are we going to rebuild Afghanistan in a region that is more problematic. China and Russia would have easier time rebuilding Afghanistan, especially China, given their investments in Pakistan.

Pakistan would not gain much but more secure border through China's investment etc.
i agree, whole cake would be to much for you but as i said some presence itself qualify you to participate in certain projects, do not know is it enough to justify presence in terms of ratio risks vs gains, could be profitable in wider scheme of things along countries you mentioned, business is business.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
i agree, whole cake would be to much for you but as i said some presence itself qualify you to participate in certain projects, do not know is it enough to justify presence in terms of ratio risks vs gains, could be profitable in wider scheme of things along countries you mentioned, business is business.
Turkey would help rebuilding through TIKA just like anywhere else. I do not think it's necessary for TSK to be present and remain as a manifestation of what Western oriented allies did. Anger needs to be redirected and they'll have TSK there for the outlet of that anger. Let's remember Somalia.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,051
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Turkey is considered a friendly country by all parties in Afghanistan. Taliban has avoided or even called off attacks against locations where Turks might be located. Taliban would probably also prefer that the Turks stay at Kabul Airport and helps run it. If Taliban gets the power, they need to run and create a well-functioning country and military. A Turkish presence in Afghanistan would be key to that.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey is considered a friendly country by all parties in Afghanistan. Taliban has avoided or even called off attacks against locations where Turks might be located. Taliban would probably also prefer that the Turks stay at Kabul Airport and helps run it. If Taliban gets the power, they need to run and create a well-functioning country and military. A Turkish presence in Afghanistan would be key to that.
Well according to the article I posted, securing the airport would maybe help keep some missions open, but if we want to be the one to harvest all the gains, why would we want to secure the airport and support the other missions so they stay in the country and can harvest the gains ?

Australia already closed theirs, and considering they sent soldiers out to use civilians as shooting practice that makes sense.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

How pro Turkish is Afghanistan I remember watching a video of French soldiers meeting Afghan elderlies who in their house had a old Turkish flag it seems to be an old Ottoman red flag.

Really interesting to be honest.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,051
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
How pro Turkish is Afghanistan I remember watching a video of French soldiers meeting Afghan elderlies who in their house had a old Turkish flag it seems to be an old Ottoman red flag.

Really interesting to be honest.

The Afghan public is as pro-Turkey as the Pakistani public, if not even more. Much of the love and respect is vested in Turkey's efforts for the betterment of the Muslim world. Afghanistan was also the first country to recognize the Republic of Turkey, if I am not mistaken.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Afghan public is as pro-Turkey as the Pakistani public, if not even more. Much of the love and respect is vested in Turkey's efforts for the betterment of the Muslim world. Afghanistan was also the first country to recognize the Republic of Turkey, if I am not mistaken.

Some Afghanis also came and fought as volunteers in the Turkish independance war.

Blank1

Reactions

Google translate :
Important: Last night in Langar Dag area of Chak district of Maidan Wardak province, the only remaining base of the enemy and 2 important posts were also captured.
The enemy fled on seeing the casualties, and a large number of tanks, heavy and light weapons and ammunition fell into the hands of the Mujahideen.
The Mujahideen were not harmed

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
In my opinion it would be better if Turkey pulls out. Taliban are very sensitive about any foreign soldiers. After having fought two superpowers to the ground for them sovereignty and respect is above all other consideration. I think Turkey has a vital role but as a facilitator and medium rather than as having boots on the ground.

@Saithan @mulj

Top Bottom