Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Oh, they will come home safe and sound. I doubt the Taliban has the cojones to do anything to them.
Why would they want to come 'home' when they are guests in a place they call home from home. And still have not completed the Chah Bahar-Kandahar-Kabul-Russia rail line that would connect Mumbai with St Petersburgh?

Suddenly members of the Kabul bubble have developed a urge to visit Islamabad and enjoy the charms of Pakistan Foreign Minister Qureshi. Mmm wonder if it was the meat kebabs served at the Foreign Ministry or the Qahwa did the trick. Anyway fellas 'bon appetite'.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
28 19,178
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
not for now but they will need those for training purposes, they came to stay and eventually proper air force will be established.
Giving them land vehicles is one things, artillery as well, but giving Taliban Planes is going to require Taliban committing to some kind of deal that where China get's unrestricted and undisturbed access to natural ressources.

If you imagine that Taliban is going to get trainer jets and such you'll have to wait at least 20-30 years or so, and that is imo under the most favourable terms.

Maybe one warlord may get the planes because he's exactly what China/Russia wants, but not Taliban as an entity because as I pointed out earlier Taliban is a group of people consisting of different tribal leaders with each their own interpretation of laws and rules (after a basic set of understanding).

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Giving them land vehicles is one things, artillery as well, but giving Taliban Planes is going to require Taliban committing to some kind of deal that where China get's unrestricted and undisturbed access to natural ressources.

If you imagine that Taliban is going to get trainer jets and such you'll have to wait at least 20-30 years or so, and that is imo under the most favourable terms.

Maybe one warlord may get the planes because he's exactly what China/Russia wants, but not Taliban as an entity because as I pointed out earlier Taliban is a group of people consisting of different tribal leaders with each their own interpretation of laws and rules (after a basic set of understanding).

i am pragmatic and look on that without prejudices and past expiriences, if china, russia, pakistan, iran, turkey and surrounding countries recognize them as legitimate goverment, what else we should expect instead of aspirations by talibans to enhance their armed forces and within that air force to? most of the mentioned countries would not object it and even would go in race to equip them with available options.
sure, all this will not come tomorrow but gradually along the time and other steps and priorities are finished.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,338
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

In the 90s the taliban actually had an airforce.

They were operated by former afghan pilots. Who flew migs.

Isis even planned on having an airforce by employing former iraqi pilots to train them but most planes they captured already fell into disrepair long ago. Its not easy making a airforce it takes lots of time and lots of money.

Hence why you dont see any groups or proto states having an airforce or even a navy. They always go light infantry or being boots on the ground kind of stuff.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
22 12,779
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

==================================================

on the other hand all western embassy had either vacated or reduced to an absolute minimum.

imo, Afghanistan (and the ME as a whole) are no longer in US foreign affairs priority lists.

China +some countries recognizing Taliban emirate will no doubt be a boost to their legitimacy but on the other hand didn't give the recognizing country much of a boost. in fact it could backfire as the west could use this to accuse them of supporting terrorism. For some countries in open competition with the US for global supremacy this could mean setbacks.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Why would they want to come 'home' when they are guests in a place they call home from home. And still have not completed the Chah Bahar-Kandahar-Kabul-Russia rail line that would connect Mumbai with St Petersburgh?

Suddenly members of the Kabul bubble have developed a urge to visit Islamabad and enjoy the charms of Pakistan Foreign Minister Qureshi. Mmm wonder if it was the meat kebabs served at the Foreign Ministry or the Qahwa did the trick. Anyway fellas 'bon appetite'.

Because the regime has been overthrown. So they will come home.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan

According to article Pakistan is going to help Denmark Evacuate 413 Afghans who've worked for Denmark. @Kaptaan you heard anything about it ?

The Danish FM isn't saying anything so it's something Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said.
Yes, this is true. FM Qureshi just gave a briefing about his meeting with the Afghan delegation. Summary:

• I met a broad spectrum of ethnic groups in Afghanistan
  • I regularly meet Pakhtun groups in Afgh.
  • Afgh. is multi-ethnic state so it is important all are included
  • With this in mind I made Pakistan's position clear that we want to work with all ethnic groups to have a inclusive Afghanistan.

at 1:45

• I had talks with Danish FM with regards to Pakistan helping them to give assistence to their embassy in Kabul to ferry some people out to safety and I agreed to give full help in that regard.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
28 19,178
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
i am pragmatic and look on that without prejudices and past expiriences, if china, russia, pakistan, iran, turkey and surrounding countries recognize them as legitimate goverment, what else we should expect instead of aspirations by talibans to enhance their armed forces and within that air force to? most of the mentioned countries would not object it and even would go in race to equip them with available options.
sure, all this will not come tomorrow but gradually along the time and other steps and priorities are finished.

Isis even planned on having an airforce by employing former iraqi pilots to train them but most planes they captured already fell into disrepair long ago. Its not easy making a airforce it takes lots of time and lots of money.

Hence why you dont see any groups or proto states having an airforce or even a navy. They always go light infantry or being boots on the ground kind of stuff.

While I understand what you're saying. I'd like to point out that pragmatism dictates that depending on who you are. You do not want a Taliban capable of flying because that would mean you need to guard your airspace against Taliban as well.

I will not rule out that they'll acquire Drones because that IS the easiest way to get air power and less risky for manpower/pilot and even capability.

TBH Taliban with Drone power is much worse than if they started training Pilots because a drone is pretty much autonomous while a jet would require IQ.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
22 12,779
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

I remember this word by one professional forum member (Gambit) on the other forum.

"Back in Desert Storm, when those Iraqi pilots fled to Iran, they did not run because they feared individual US fighters. They ran because they feared the AGGREGATE of US airpower.

ag·gre·gate: a whole formed by combining several (typically disparate) elements.

A boxer does not fear the fist but it is the entire opponent in front of him that he must be wary of. US airpower coalesced into a coherent unit in ways the world's air forces, including your China, have never seen before. The F-15 is feared, not because it is fast or heavily armed, but because the F-15 never fights alone. IT IS FOOLISH TO FIGHT ALONE. But because you are nothing more than an ignorant fanboy in the worst sense of the word, you latched on to that silly X quantity vs X quantity argument."

it remains to be seen what kind of air force the IEAAF will be, with no pro air forces to fund, equip or design the sylabus .

being capable of only flying an airplane doesn't equate it an effective one.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
While I understand what you're saying. I'd like to point out that pragmatism dictates that depending on who you are. You do not want a Taliban capable of flying because that would mean you need to guard your airspace against Taliban as well.

I will not rule out that they'll acquire Drones because that IS the easiest way to get air power and less risky for manpower/pilot and even capability.

TBH Taliban with Drone power is much worse than if they started training Pilots because a drone is pretty much autonomous while a jet would require IQ.
your concerns are valid but money and legitimacy soften the most cold hearts :), if the talibans makes country stable, governable and with that establish permanent and wider economy activities that will overcome all previous concerns and restrictions but lets wait some time if the things will go in that direction at all.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I would wager within the year Taliban will have a nucleaus of a airforce. All they have to do is behave like a responsible government and thus far it looks like they will. The Pakistan Airforce Academy is in Risalpur, literally 50 minutes drive from Afghan border at Torkham. Same language, same people. Training will be easy.

Brace Yourself

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Taliban knows very well what Airforce did to them. If they can unite Afghanistan, so it's very much expectable what will be their first choices to build an Army.
I hope they are aware of this and stablish order in the region, so that it's neighbour can trust them.
Otherwise heaven will launch missliles at them.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I am within reason optimistic that Taliban v.0.2 will behave more responsibly. If people look at the fall of 1996 to Kabul and then compare todays fall you can see the differance. Kabul was destroyed and mass killing, hanging etc was unleashed. This time there is non of that. Indeed Taliban spokesman assured people to stay calm and continue with their normal activities.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I am within reason optimistic that Taliban v.0.2 will behave more responsibly. If people look at the fall of 1996 to Kabul and then compare todays fall you can see the differance. Kabul was destroyed and mass killing, hanging etc was unleashed. This time there is non of that. Indeed Taliban spokesman assured people to stay calm and continue with their normal activities.
people exlude impact of internet and how much it is useful for certain purposes, for example i am pretty convinced that two taliban soldiers in different parts of afganistan did not know much more then couple of suras from noble Quran, today all of them have apps to remind them for prayer times etc, so in that sense governing with much civility as possible within humans based on sharia principles will be tremendously easier for talibans.

Brace Yourself

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
This normal behaviour is bringing shame to usa and it's allies. Someone send cnn to find terrorist in afghanistan.

Hold on guys while we are here, discussing on the current war who knows CIA already invented some NEW terrorist on another corner of the world for Chapter 3.0

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom