Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,338
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
While I understand what you're saying. I'd like to point out that pragmatism dictates that depending on who you are. You do not want a Taliban capable of flying because that would mean you need to guard your airspace against Taliban as well.

I will not rule out that they'll acquire Drones because that IS the easiest way to get air power and less risky for manpower/pilot and even capability.

TBH Taliban with Drone power is much worse than if they started training Pilots because a drone is pretty much autonomous while a jet would require IQ.

Yes indeed because drones are cheaper to operate nearly every group is starting to use drones.

But their drones will never sophisticated compared to a tb2 or a predator. Still dangerous when non state actors are using such weapons.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
28 19,178
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would wager within the year Taliban will have a nucleaus of a airforce. All they have to do is behave like a responsible government and thus far it looks like they will. The Pakistan Airforce Academy is in Risalpur, literally 50 minutes drive from Afghan border at Torkham. Same language, same people. Training will be easy.
Do you really think Pakistan will train Taliban airforce within a year ? I honestly don't think that is going to be priority. No one is going to give Taliban that on a plate.

I think 2-3 years will have to pass and then Taliban governed Afghanistan will be evaluated. If they seem to govern decently then perhaps something will be given. But I imagine that someone like China wanting ressources might be preemtive and give them something.

IMO anything that may pose a threat to Pakistans stability is a no go. You've built a fence along the border, and you'll have to patrol it, but you need to be able to enforce law and order of some kind. Tresspassing (passing into or out of Pakistan) should be countered.

Well even Turkey has the problem, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't work to counter it.

Brace Yourself

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Yes indeed because drones are cheaper to operate nearly every group is starting to use drones.

But their drones will never sophisticated compared to a tb2 or a predator. Still dangerous when non state actors are using such weapons.
Don't get distracted, now Fukushima Bin Hadin will hack MQ-9 and destroy a passenger Plane.

Usa here we go, business again.🙋‍♂️

Ruhnama

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
"In 2018, however, Washington’s attitude changed and Donald Trump’s Afghan envoy, Zalmay Khalilzad, asked the Pakistanis to release Baradar so he could lead negotiations in Qatar, based on the belief that he would settle for a power-sharing arrangement. “I had never seen any real substantiation of that point, but it just took on a kind of mythic idea,” the former official said.

Baradar signed the Doha agreement with the US in February 2020, in what the Trump administration hailed as a breakthrough towards peace but which now appears a mere staging post towards total Taliban victory.

The US and Taliban agreement not to fight each other was supposed to be followed by power-sharing talks between the Taliban and the Kabul government of Ashraf Ghani. Those talks stumbled along with little progress, and it is clear now that Baradar and the Taliban were playing for time, waiting for the Americans to leave and preparing a final offensive. Baradar’s life has taught him patience and confidence in ultimate victory."

Interesting that the guy who led the discussions and made the deal was a guy the USA helped release from prison. Interesting that. The guy leading the liberation is the guy the USA got released from a Pakistani prison.
just like paris peace agreement and North Nam conqure/liberated South

kumata

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Update

1629120154391.png

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Do you really think Pakistan will train Taliban airforce
It all depends on Taliban being habituated within a regional economic area. If Afghanistan be turned into bridge between Central Asia-Pakistan with Iran, Turkey, China joining in economic activity I think it will sober the Taliban. What exactly is the differance between Wahabi/Saud complex that rules KSA and Taliban? Yet that does not stop USA selling them F-15 Eagles.

If the Taliban play ball and help to integrate the region economically I think much good will come out of this saga. I am cautiously optimistic that Taliban can be moderated by using economics and by important role in integrating Uzbekistan with Pakistan via rail line.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom