schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,406
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If there is one thing Muslims should learn from islamic history is how important science and wisdom was to her initial rise.
In the past during Islamic Golden Age, Mutazilites (Hanbali rival back then) were playing the most role. Want you a country filled with influential Mutazilites that captured and killed textual Islamists to exist again? LOL

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,488
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I wouldn't say they are bad soldiers. To be fair they've shown some tactical prowess too. What I question is their ability to transform into a modern standing army. Now that they're no longer the insurgent but the government

Because fighting war insurgency style =/= fighting a war conventional style. In an insurgency mode you could blend back into the populace. A conventional army couldn't. Now that Taliban is (pretending) to operate as a conventional army.

Also I would like to see how they could maintain those newly acquired weapons and actually effectively field them in actual combat. Not merely driving/flying it for PR purpose. In particular the much lauded IEAAF/Taliban air force.

Because once they demobilized and many of it's fighters back into civilian life, those aviation assets will be used the way the ANA had been using it against them.

And that's a problem a conventional Taliban army will have to cope. If they succeed then OK, but Afghanistan's history doesn't point any of such successful endeavor

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,488
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

"Black Hawks are highly sophisticated and require maintenance and software updated and like those downloads are blocked," the retired sergeant major told Newsweek. "They probably have six months of parts, but they need technicians."

And there could be an added benefit of spying on the Taliban.

"It was likely a decision because as with software downloads for the Black Hawks it gives intel on what they're doing," the retired sergeant major added.

Blank1

Reactions
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to Other

Some of the black hawk helicopters & MI 17 are already repaired by IEA.
IEA also told Uzbekistan to hand back the helicopters and airplanes, 50 in total and all of them are intact.

Russian origin helicopters and airplanes can be repaired with the help of Russian, Sure not soon but my be in time as Russian embassy is operational in Kabul. Cannibalization wont be needed.

Black hawks that are damaged or any US origin equipment can be repaired by Turkey if there is a desire, IF not China produces a copy of Black hawk some concession can be arranged.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom