Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Taliban say they feel betrayed because US disabled helicopters, planes: Report

US forces left Afghanistan, the Taliban fighters erupted in joy. They marched on the tarmac of Kabul airport, the last stronghold of the western forces till August 31, even fired in the air expressing their happiness.

But just days later, all that has changed.

According to a report in Al Jazeera, the Taliban have said that they "feel betrayed" because Americans disabled military helicopters and planes before their departure from Kabul.

The fighters said they expected the Americans to leave helicopters in one piece for their use, according to Al Jazeera report. "We believe it is a national asset and we are the government now and this could have come to great use for us," the report added.

Early on Tuesday (August 31), Kabul airport was littered with artifacts of the withdrawal. Inside the terminal were scattered piles of clothes, luggage and documents. Several CH-46 helicopters used by American forces were parked in a hangar. The US military said it disabled 27 Humvees and 73 aircraft before leaving.

😂😂😂😂

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to Other

Parian district in Panjshir
is under operation from 4 directions
and large areas are under its control.

An important area called Dara
(which is inhabited by 4 districts)
has also been captured on the right side.

In the direction of Kapisa,
all the areas of Darband and Anaba
have been captured and
the valley of Shatal on the way to Parwan
has been cleared.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Taliban say they feel betrayed because US disabled helicopters, planes: Report

US forces left Afghanistan, the Taliban fighters erupted in joy. They marched on the tarmac of Kabul airport, the last stronghold of the western forces till August 31, even fired in the air expressing their happiness.

But just days later, all that has changed.

According to a report in Al Jazeera, the Taliban have said that they "feel betrayed" because Americans disabled military helicopters and planes before their departure from Kabul.

The fighters said they expected the Americans to leave helicopters in one piece for their use, according to Al Jazeera report. "We believe it is a national asset and we are the government now and this could have come to great use for us," the report added.

Early on Tuesday (August 31), Kabul airport was littered with artifacts of the withdrawal. Inside the terminal were scattered piles of clothes, luggage and documents. Several CH-46 helicopters used by American forces were parked in a hangar. The US military said it disabled 27 Humvees and 73 aircraft before leaving.

😂😂😂😂
I don't for a second think the Taliban said 'betrayed' but actually used the word 'disappointed' but that was enough to set off the fake news media.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I don't for a second think the Taliban said 'betrayed' but actually used the word 'disappointed' but that was enough to set off the fake news media.

Even the Al Jazeera correspondant used the word "betrayed". At least see the video you posted yourself instead of just getting worked up because an Indian news media reported a fact.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Even the Al Jazeera correspondant used the word "betrayed". At least see the video you posted yourself instead of just getting worked up because an Indian news media reported a fact.
If you watch the video it is titled 'disappointed' but the correspondant does use 'betray' which your fake news media latched on to. But then this is just sign of desperation because everything they were screaming last week is now floating down the Ganga.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Just to clarify I am not 'worked up' at all. Whsat has happened in the last week pleases the cockles of my heart to no end. The fact is the festive balloon built up by India anbd others exploded, leaving nothing but bits of trash. In it's place within 24 hours a new order has emerged which Pakistan had wished for over two decades.

No more Ghani, no more Saleh, no more 50 Indian consulates. And oh thanks for the work you did in Afghanistan. My brothers will deeply appreciate them.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Just to clarify I am not 'worked up' at all. Whsat has happened in the last week pleases the cockles of my heart to no end. The fact is the festive balloon built up by India anbd others exploded, leaving nothing but bits of trash. In it's place within 24 hours a new order has emerged which Pakistan had wished for over two decades.

No more Ghani, no more Saleh, no more 50 Indian consulates. And oh thanks for the work you did in Afghanistan. My brothers will deeply appreciate them.
And how is Modi these days ?

Ps. Do you know why there is a mountain range in Afghanistan and Pakistan that is named 'Hindu Kush'?

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
If you watch the video it is titled 'disappointed' but the correspondant does use 'betray' which your fake news media latched on to. But then this is just sign of desperation because everything they were screaming last week is now floating down the Ganga.
If you see the video carefully, the correspondent clearly uses the word "betrayed" and says that's how the Taliban felt. You calling it "fake news" is an outright lie. The news media (HT in this case) has used the same word that the Al Jazeera correspondent has used. Perhaps you are unaware, but in democratic nations, news media is not obligated to use the same headline as other outlets use. Such things might be common in countries which lack a democratic tradition and generally toe the line of their rogue military but it's not the case in democracies.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
If you see the video carefully, the correspondent clearly uses the word "betrayed"
Did I not state that as such in my previous post? Just because she says that does not mean Taliban said that. I notice the headline was 'disappointed' but yes the lady used the word betray.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India

Calm down. This isn't a thread for you to air Pakistani insecurities about India, its media or its non existent 50 consulates.

And how is Modi these days ?

Ps. Do you know why there is a mountain range in Afghanistan and Pakistan that is named 'Hindu Kush'?
He seems to be living rent free in your head these days, so it's best to look within.

Nope. But then again, I don't really know about the mountain ranges in sub Saharan Africa either.

I hope this has something to do with the Afghanistan thread unless you are deviating as usual.

Last edited:

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Did I not state that as such in my previous post? Just because she says that does not mean Taliban said that. I notice the headline was 'disappointed' but yes the lady used the word betray.

Has the Taliban contradicted her report? Or this is more wishful thinking in your head like the 50 consulates?

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Fake news media: Panjsher resistance victorious against Taliban. Saleh heading to Kabul. Meantime in the real world.

Afghanistan’s last holdout Panjshir reportedly falls to Taliban​

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom