Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Let me give you guys example of Taliban stubborness. Back in late 1990s Pakistan was one of the few countries that recognized their emirate. All their needs came from Pakistan. I think it was 1999 or so when a soccer match was held in Kabul between Pakistan and Afghanistan. Funny enough the Taliban are quite partial to football. Only problem was when the Pakistan team walked on to the pitch they were wearing shorts. Long story short every player was declared guilty of obsecenity and after being whipped was sent back to Pakistan. Even as 'friends' these guys are difficult leave alone as enemies.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Is Peshawar gun market still actual, they should decrease price of guns until they can sell some before flood over the border :)

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Is Peshawar gun market still actual, they should decrease price of guns until they can sell some before flood over the border :)
There is a famous market called Kissa Kwani Bazaar in Peshawar. It goes back to middle ages before Russia and Britain carved this region into their own spheres leaving Tashkent, Bukhara, Khuva, Samarkand in Russian zone, Peshawar, Quetta in British zone with Kabul as neutral zone. This divided this region for century plus and even now that division persists.

But before that caravans moved between these cities trading all sorts. That bazar in Peshawar was a major hub of this trade in the past. First time I went there in 1989 the bazar was awash with Soviet Red Army military supplies. Guns, uniform, boots and even medals were on sale. Some had been smuggled, others sold by Soviet troopers for drugs, others taken off prisoners or dead soldiers. Bt it was a sight to see. Particulary in 1989 with the Cold War and everything.

Since then the markets are awash with US military equipment. I guess the bazar is about to get flooded so prices will dip!

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
4 3,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
A VICE documentary from 8 years ago which pretty well describes how futile was the effort of the Americans and Westerners there... Unfortunately Afghanistan have always been and forever will be an absolute failed state full of misery, chaos, backwardness and fanaticism no matter who rules the place. I am only sorry for the innocent, intelligent and educated people who have to live there.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
still remember watching a video of a US marine trying and failing to teach Afghan soldiers not to shit where they eat.

N

Null/Void

Let me give you guys example of Taliban stubborness. Back in late 1990s Pakistan was one of the few countries that recognized their emirate. All their needs came from Pakistan. I think it was 1999 or so when a soccer match was held in Kabul between Pakistan and Afghanistan. Funny enough the Taliban are quite partial to football. Only problem was when the Pakistan team walked on to the pitch they were wearing shorts. Long story short every player was declared guilty of obsecenity and after being whipped was sent back to Pakistan. Even as 'friends' these guys are difficult leave alone as enemies.
And yet you have some folks across the border who want full 'Taliban rule" man bonkers
There is a famous market called Kissa Kwani Bazaar in Peshawar. It goes back to middle ages before Russia and Britain carved this region into their own spheres leaving Tashkent, Bukhara, Khuva, Samarkand in Russian zone, Peshawar, Quetta in British zone with Kabul as neutral zone. This divided this region for century plus and even now that division persists.

But before that caravans moved between these cities trading all sorts. That bazar in Peshawar was a major hub of this trade in the past. First time I went there in 1989 the bazar was awash with Soviet Red Army military supplies. Guns, uniform, boots and even medals were on sale. Some had been smuggled, others sold by Soviet troopers for drugs, others taken off prisoners or dead soldiers. Bt it was a sight to see. Particulary in 1989 with the Cold War and everything.

Since then the markets are awash with US military equipment. I guess the bazar is about to get flooded so prices will dip!
I am guessing all the Soviet stuff wont compare when the Americans finally pull the plug from Afghanistan

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Well I just love the Taliban for this. Please be harsher so Turkish Government withdraws our troops.

Blank1

Reactions
There are no gun markets in Peshawar city.
But there is a market on the outskirt of city which falls in FATA (Federally Administered Tribal Area), Guns, Drugs, Exotic cars etc were/are sold there, Almost all of the stuff there was foreign.
Another market lies between the city of Peshawar and Kohat which also is the part of FATA, in an area called "Dara" but all the weapons here are/were made locally.
Taliban's or any party in Afghanistan doesn't need any thing to buy from there they can buy any kind of stuff in Afghanistan.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
1623412302692.png

Livemap atm.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
A VICE documentary from 8 years ago which pretty well describes how futile was the effort of the Americans and Westerners there... Unfortunately Afghanistan have always been and forever will be an absolute failed state full of misery, chaos, backwardness and fanaticism no matter who rules the place. I am only sorry for the innocent, intelligent and educated people who have to live there.

Its a place of tribalism for centuries King Amatullah tried to modernise the country and get rid of feudalism what happened he got taken out of power from an uprising.

Seriously Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda and especially the Congo. You cant change or even save these places.

People especially in the West need to get off their high horse and just leave these societies alone.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom