Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,186
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The rotor blades and suspension look legit, but the rest looks off somewhat. Whats up with the cyberpunk look?

Perhaps they are studying the optionally manned concept.
Looking at the rivets it looks legit too. They made a quick build on the manned model otherwise it didn't need to be boxy and all.

Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When I talked about an electric plane six years ago a university professor was like "no way a plane can fly on elctric". And now the top Tuskish company makes an electric full size helicopter, what an exponential change.
Well, your professor is not that wrong. (At least for the near future) There is a serious difference between getting the power to lift a 6T helicopter and getting the power to lift an 80T commercial aircraft. (Not to mention the wide-body aircraft)

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,186
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well, your professor is not that wrong. (At least for the near future) There is a serious difference between getting the power to lift a 6T helicopter and getting the power to lift an 80T commercial aircraft. (Not to mention the wide-body aircraft)
We were talking about a two seat, 650kg LSA, the same weigh as the Bayraktar TB2.
650kg is the upper limit of that class allowance.
You don't start with an 80t behemoth when you are just starting electrification.

Last edited:

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

General Directorate of Security's T129B2​

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

111.jpg

A

adenl

The last few weeks I was thinking about an unmanned attack and reconnaissance helicopter (UARH) with half the MTOW of the T129/T629.

• 2500-3000kg MTOW
  • 1 TS1400 engine
  • SATCOM and ground station control
  • 2-3 main rotor blade
  • Protection suite with RWR, LWS and EW like on the T129 Phase II
  • EO turret(60kg class) and radar
  • 4 hardpoint with max 8x UMTAS/16x Cirit.
  • Gun optional
It seems it partially came to fruition. I wasn't expecting an all-electric T629 at all, if the conclusions/rumors about it are correct (which they most probably are, but I'm still waiting on an official confirmation).

Last edited by a moderator:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,635
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
The recent developments in unmanned systems remind me of Aselsan's future battlefield concept

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,788
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I reckon the cameras are configured in this way - unless the unmanned helicopter is operated in tandem by two pilots - with each 3 sets of cameras being utilised by a single pilot
View attachment 14995
Let‘s throw a spanner in the works!
Where is the Mildar?
Mildar is a force multiplier for a helicopter like Atak . Surely there must be a place to accommodate it!

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let‘s throw a spanner in the works!
Where is the Mildar?
Mildar is a force multiplier for a helicopter like Atak . Surely there must be a place to accommodate it!

I wouldn't expect integration of such a sensor until later on in the development of the aircraft, but yes - it would be beneficial to have an all weather sensor on-board.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,788
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wouldn't expect integration of such a sensor until later on in the development of the aircraft, but yes - it would be beneficial to have an all weather sensor on-board.
Am I seeing right? The lines and geometry of the design is analogous to a stealth geometry. I wonder if they succeeded to bring down the RCS value of the helicopter as well! Too many flat surfaces!

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom