Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,129
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Whats bad about using mercs.

They will blabber on about international law while themselves are fielding mercs or proxy forces like Blackwater/Academi, Wagner whatever group it is.

Everybody can play this game.

liblob

Reactions
Especially accurate artillery fire and ATGMs like the Kornet EM with a range of 8km on the open plains seem to make a lot of damage against ther Azerbaijani military, judging by videos published.

It also doesn‘t look like the TB2s actually provide any close air support for Azerbaijani troops on the ground, as there were several videos of them getting taken out by small arms fire by Armenian troops closing in on them.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,129
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I doubt that is the case. Remember a flight from Syria/ Assad went to Yerevan. Who’s to say it’s not Assad regime soldiers helping with propoganda material ? Would you believe that video ? Where are the azeri troops ?

He’s too fond of saying Allahu Akbar. Very amereurish tbh.

Ukrainian Nationalist fighting for the Chechens in the First Chechen War saying Allahu Akbar.

By the way his not a Muslim.

Man we live in a weird timeline.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Especially accurate artillery fire and ATGMs like the Kornet EM with a range of 8km on the open plains seem to make a lot of damage against ther Azerbaijani military, judging by videos published.

It also doesn‘t look like the TB2s actually provide any close air support for Azerbaijani troops on the ground, as there were several videos of them getting taken out by small arms fire by Armenian troops closing in on them.
Tb-2 not sufficient numbers to do CAS as they previously focused on single use Israeli kamikaze drones with unarmed UAVs. I’m sure they regretted with their choice.

liblob

Reactions
Whats bad about using mercs.

They will blabber on about international law while themselves are fielding mercs or proxy forces like Blackwater/Academi, Wagner whatever group it is.

Everybody can play this game.

Of course that depends on your understanding of morale. But neither Armenia nor Azerbaijan will care, it‘s war after all, there is not much room for preaching morale.

My main point, also in my previous comments, was that, especially the Syrian mercs, don‘t bring much to the field. Employing them is just a lose lose. Both militarily and on the matters of propaganda. Taking a glance to social media commentary should be enough to see, it‘s perfect for propaganda material.

Syrian mercs are percived differently from say Wagner. People will argue Turkey exploits their suffering, others will just call them jihadists. Too good for propaganda.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,129
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Of course that depends on your understanding of morale. But neither Armenia nor Azerbaijan will care, it‘s war after all, there is not much room for preaching morale.

My main point, also in my previous comments, was that, especially the Syrian mercs, don‘t bring much to the field. Employing them is just a lose lose. Both militarily and on the matters of propaganda. Taking a glance to social media commentary should be enough to see, it‘s perfect for propaganda material.

I support a Turkish form of Wagner made of former Turkish soldiers.

The problem is Turkey is not like Russia, Iran or China where they can get away with deniable ops.

As you will have people questioning it then causing a scandal in the country especially with things like JITEM and the Susurluk scandal.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Pretty much evident now to me, that there are Syrian mercs fighting for Azerbaijan. He says Armenia several times in Arabic, also wears Azerbaijani border trooper camo:

With mounting international pressure and even Pompeo mentioning the Syrians, one just has to wonder what the Turkish government was even thinking employing them there. Guess they just don‘t care?

Exploiting these useless fighters as expendable force with promise of cash. Can already hear the propaganda machine rattling.
As long as the objectives are met it matters nought how it is done. That is one lesson of history. What is war? Much as we may try to tame war but in reality war is a condition of anything goes. If Nagarno Karabak is freed nobody will give a flying fig in two decades. But what will of of import is N-K flies the Azeri flag.

You see that in WW2. Pompeo's USA used two nuclear devices on two cities in Japan. If that can justified, anything can.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,129
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Syrian mercs are percived differently from say Wagner. People will argue Turkey exploits their suffering, others will just call them jihadists. Too good for propaganda.

I seen how the SNA train they are getting much better as time goes.

In the past they were utter garbage. Reason why they are getting better is due to Turkish officers so I wont be surprised if Turkish officers are leading them.

In ww2, Italian troops were garbage but under German officers they performed well.

Calling of Allahu Akbar is a war cry or chant. Its been said for centuries its image was ruined thanks to those jihadist bastards like aq, isis and the pakistani taliban which is a shame.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Armenians seems to have a good ATGM inventory. It has been shown at the beginning of conflict when Azeri tanks comes to firing range. TB-2s nothing to do with the man portable weapons. The problem in slowness in advancing lies beneath this.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,827
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I can understand the need for skepticism. But ppl who don’t know turks would willingly believe that we’d send SNA to Azerbaycan. Maybe Turkmen, but not any SNA. Besides our connection with Azerbaycan is comparable with bloodkin.

You really believe that if there were any SNA they’d be allowed to make a video like that ?

I hope you have seen the instructions from ArMOD telling ppl not to share videos and stuff. They’ve claimed many things. So based on their lies vs truths everything coming from them should be questioned, I’d in fact say treated as a lie.

But here is one thing that can’t be denied armenian civilians abandoning their cities.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,129
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Honestly seeing soldiers tied to chains is basically how the Soviets treated their soldiers.

Or in ww1 where would be deserters would be the first to be machine gunned.

liblob

Reactions
I can understand the need for skepticism. But ppl who don’t know turks would willingly believe that we’d send SNA to Azerbaycan. Maybe Turkmen, but not any SNA. Besides our connection with Azerbaycan is comparable with bloodkin.

You really believe that if there were any SNA they’d be allowed to make a video like that ?

I hope you have seen the instructions from ArMOD telling ppl not to share videos and stuff. They’ve claimed many things. So based on their lies vs truths everything coming from them should be questioned, I’d in fact say treated as a lie.

But here is one thing that can’t be denied armenian civilians abandoning their cities.

Geolocation of the other video is Azerbaijan. Those SNA men are idiots, what do you expect?

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,570
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria

Hey Armenoids, 2015 has called back wants its conspiracy theories of Turkey supporting isis back.

They still.pandering to this bullshit lie just to throw mud at us.

The stupid idiot just said Turkey sent isis fighters to Azerbaijan 😆😆😆😆😆😆

Can you imagine what kind of a mess is in these people’s minds? An ISIS Jihadists fighting for a Secular and Shia majority state... That’s like a bunch of Neo-Nazi skinheads going to the fronts to be a cannon fodder for Israel. Ridiculous.

ps The only purpose of those blatant lies is to gain some sympathy abroad by exploiting anti-Turkish sentiments.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Looks like Armenian officers handcuff their soldiers to wheel so they can’t escape. This explains their situation and morale in battlefield. Not as previous in that mascarading defenceless innocent.
Everyone with a shred of historical knowledge or Google at his disposal knows that the Armenians won the war in the 90s against the Azeris despite being outgunned and outmaned so it's rather childish to call them cowards.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom