Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,814
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
AESA entegrasyonu mu yapılıyor abi?
You do not get it "AESA = Yapısal Modernizasyon".................
translation "Yapısal Modernizasyon" mean -> Structural Modernization

even more

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,762
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dear members , please refrain from writing in any other language but English. Forum language is English!
Non English posts will be deleted.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,762
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 42671
I swear he is onto something again
This modernisation programme has been going on for months now.
The Tusas official is especially stressing on the fact that this is a structural modernisation and not an avionic one. (Just watch the video)
Aesa and avionic upgrades necessary for the “Ozgur” modernisation will come at a later date.
Out of 35 block 30 planes, so far, they have delivered 6 . One more ready for delivery and 8 being worked on. So it is a slow process.
If this is anything to go by, to upgrade the avionics and Aesa, to bring these to “Ozgur” status, is going to take years.
In my eyes Aselsan has failed in two major projects; Akkor and Aesa radar.
Both projects have been ongoing for such a long time that it is embarrassing for them not have operational units ready to be fitted on to the respective platforms yet.

Last edited:

mohammadtd

Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The Tusas official is especially stressing on the fact that this is a structural modernisation and not an avionic one. (Just watch the video)
Aesa and avionic upgrades necessary for the “Ozgur” modernisation will come at a later date.
Out of 35 block 30 planes, so far, they have delivered 6 . One more ready for delivery and 8 being worked on. So it is a slow process.
If this is anything to go by, to upgrade the avionics and Aesa to bring these to “Ozgur” status is going to take years.
Both projects have been ongoing for such a long time that it is embarrassing for them not have operational units ready to be fitted on to the respective platforms yet.

Is there any change "Erdo"/"AKP" involvement? If similar situation happen for BMC or BYKAR, some here will easily find link with ruling part. I don't see any comment from them in this case. Delay can happen for different reason. However it is unfortunate to see how comment without knowing any detail.

M

Manomed

If this is anything to go by, to upgrade the avionics and Aesa to bring these to “Ozgur” status is going to take years.
Making and AESA radar is not that easy.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Making and AESA radar is not that easy.

It's not even about the development of the AESA radar, to which we don't know at what stage of development it is at (We know they were going to be tested on Akinci and F-16 this year). Just a lot of speculation which is always negative.

The biggest hurdle here is political, I'd rather we wait for US to deny Block70 modernisation package, that way we have a cause. Just like the S400 purchase, US denied PAC-3.

Once that's cleared up and we know where we stand. Our F-16 projects will have a massive boost. That's the sense I got from Temel Kotil and Mete Yarar talking about the Ozgur modernisation project some time back.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is not true F-16 Aesa radar phase 1 project protocol was signed on 4 December 2018 and according to protocol, it will take 48 months to deliver the first prototype so AESA integration on F-16s won't start before late 2022. Phase-2 covers the serial production of AESA radars. Also, the structural modernization rate is ~2 per month so it means it will be finished in 2023.

Gelinen son durum itibariyle fabrika testlerine başlanması beklenen AESA radar projesi, 2018 yılı sonunda başlamış ve 48 aylık bir proje takvimi belirlenmişti. Fabrika test faaliyetlerinin 2022 yılı sonunda tamamlanması (F-16 AESA Radar) ve F-16 uçaklarına entegre edilerek kullanıma hazır hale gelmesi hedefleniyor.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,762
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is not true F-16 Aesa radar phase 1 project protocol was signed on 4 December 2018 and according to protocol, it will take 48 months to deliver the first prototype so AESA integration on F-16s won't start before late 2022. Phase-2 covers the serial production of AESA radars. Also, the structural modernization rate is ~2 per month so it means it will be finished in 2023.

It was well known even in 2011 that Turkey was planning to use home grown Aesa radar for the F16 planes. In fact I have posts by the members of this forum, published in other forums then, that by 2015 or latest by 2016, our F16 fighters would have Aselsan built Aesa radars. Then again I have just come across posts in Pakistan defence forum dated 2011 that Aselsan was working on GaN based radar modules at that date. (@Cabatli_53 ’s post in fact). Then there is this;

quote:
Project aims to upgrade all of Turkish Air Force (TurAF) F-16s with indigenous mission computers, software and avionics in order to pave the way for the installation of an Aselsan-developed AESA radar by 2015.
unquote.

Dated Feb 2011 :
quote,
Özcan Ertem from TAI confirms that all the f-16's in TurAF will be carrying turkish mission computers by 2019. The process has probably started.
unquote

There are many projects that are being carried on but not contractually signed off by the government. (Hurjet is a good example).
Aselsan has been developing Aesa technology for a loooong time. And the expectation was 2016 for them to be fitted on to F16 jets.
It is a difficult technology to master. Yes! But it has taken a lot longer than we were led to believe.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

For now it seems we are gonna miss the calendar by 2-3 years at least

Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes I am confused as well. Didn't they said we received the F110 engines for prototypes?

Is this statement about early production?

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
The tiny things I noticed on SSD's latest video.

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 11.38.52.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 11.40.12.png

(most likely the F-16 Ozgur)

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,568
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
South Korea is conducting flight test for its AESA radar on Boeing 737 test aircraft operated by South Africa’s Aircraft Instrument and Electronics. So what is our plan concerning Flight tests for our AESA radar? I belive South Africa can also be a logical option for us as well.

Last edited:

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
South Korea is conducting flight test for its AESA radar on Boeing 737 test aircraft operated by South Africa’s Aircraft Instrument and Electronics. So what is our plan concerning Flight tests for our AESA radar. I belive South Africa can also be a logical option for us as well.

Perhaps such an aircraft is already being utilised.

Grumman S-2E Tracker, undenounced to anyone was one day seen with Aselsan SARPER payload. Long before anyone got wind of it.
1650708364731.png

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,568
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Perhaps such an aircraft is already being utilised.

Grumman S-2E Tracker, undenounced to anyone was one day seen with Aselsan SARPER payload. Long before anyone got wind of it.
View attachment 42994
It was sure corssing my mind, though hoping that Grumman S-2E Tracker is enouhg for testing our AESA.
I have no idea about the requirmets for testing an AESA radar. yet since we havent heard anything I am hoping that it should be enough. Ok better to be not pesimistic I guess.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It was sure corssing my mind, though hoping that Grumman S-2E Tracker is enouhg for testing our AESA. yet since we havent heard anything I am hoping that it should be. Ok better to be not pesimistic I guess.

Not saying that aircraft is being used, probably doesn't have enough electrical power for AESA radar and instrumentation. What I'm trying to portray is Just because we aren't hearing much information on the AESA development doesn't mean it's not progressing, got to remember that Aselsan's core strength is R/F.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom