Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Credit to plane spotter forum at FB where the original poster put his picture
167895359_10208018346133281_7351047017591984136_n.jpg
169498050_922872271806904_7477545317113039233_n.jpg

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I should've mention this earlier, but in all honestly, I'm fine with us not being trustworthy enough for F-35. I don't even like that plane that much 😋.

F-35 is not about dream. Who cares about dream anyway. It'll be boring stuff to talk about :)

Try using Lockheed Martin perspective. F-35 is one of their last weapon to beat the competition. Especially as hard as this one. How can you beat a Francophile MoD who doesn't really fancy your F-16V, and at the same time beat Boeing, plus there's another competitor for single jet aiming for your place?

Whether they'd actually use that last effort that's another matter. Probably still long way to go in all of the negotiations.

Just a sidenote, don't be like those Lockheed Martin sales and pawns who coming at full force hammering anyone who dares to say the word "VoldeF-35mort":ROFLMAO:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,534
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
F-35 is not about dream. Who cares about dream anyway. It'll be boring stuff to talk about :)

Try using Lockheed Martin perspective. F-35 is one of their last weapon to beat the competition. Especially as hard as this one. How can you beat a Francophile MoD who doesn't really fancy your F-16V, and at the same time beat Boeing, plus there's another competitor for single jet aiming for your place?

Whether they'd actually use that last effort that's another matter. Probably still long way to go in all of the negotiations.

Just a sidenote, don't be like those Lockheed Martin sales and pawns who coming at full force hammering anyone who dares to say the word "VoldeF-35mort":ROFLMAO:
If MoD is not interested with single engine fighter, then there will be no chance even for Gripen (that you support), F16 is still a better choice for us compared to Gripen, F35 have stealth that is quite tempting, but the F35 is harder take care and more demanding, be it $, infrastructure and logistic.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If MoD is not interested with single engine fighter, then there will be no chance even for Gripen (that you support), F16 is still a better choice for us compared to Gripen, F35 have stealth that is quite tempting, but the F35 is harder take care and more demanding, be it $, infrastructure and logistic.

You're still using our "dream" perspective. This has been done countless times before. In terms of F-35 I'm much more interested to see what Lockheed Martin will do, instead of what we want:)

Oh btw, my hope and expectation has always been those 15 Austrian Eurofighters. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate any of the other fighters that we have in competitions. It's just like I like Typhoon a bit more😁

archwings

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You're still using our "dream" perspective. This has been done countless times before. In terms of F-35 I'm much more interested to see what Lockheed Martin will do, instead of what we want:)

Oh btw, my hope and expectation has always been those 15 Austrian Eurofighters. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate any of the other fighters that we have in competitions. It's just like I like Typhoon a bit more😁
if you're hoping for problematic austrian typhoon, man i gotta say you have low standards

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'm just taking @trishna_amrta advice and waiting for "much later in year" for firm resolution on the pick(s)...heh
Yeah, nothing is certain until the contract is activate or first payment been made.
Nothing is certain, even signed contract might not proceed further (digantung) until first payment is made. Even that can be stalled like the IFX project ;)
What might go this year or early 2022 are those plans which has been approved by Bappenas before, include but not limited to Herc transport, mrtt, etc. Those new deals are unlikely going to happen in 2022, I think its going to be active (active contract is different than signed contract fyi) in early 2023. There might be some "changes" happen in August but Im not sure how its going to effect much on current plan.

Please keep in mind that either extra fund or budget cut might happen, it all depends on economic, geopolitic, domestic politic and extra ordinary event that might or might not happen in the future. Those agreed Bappenas things might also can not go thru if the economic worsen or even govt can activate dana alokasi khusus if they see our Northers border getting extra hot (threat analyze). So lets just sit back and enjoy the show for now 😁:coffee::coffee:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yeah, nothing is certain until the contract is activate or first payment been made.

Nothing is certain, even signed contract might not proceed further (digantung) until first payment is made. Even that can be stalled like the IFX project ;)
What might go this year or early 2022 are those plans which has been approved by Bappenas before, include but not limited to Herc transport, mrtt, etc. Those new deals are unlikely going to happen in 2022, I think its going to be active (active contract is different than signed contract fyi) in early 2023. There might be some "changes" happen in August but Im not sure how its going to effect much on current plan.

Please keep in mind that either extra fund or budget cut might happen, it all depends on economic, geopolitic, domestic politic and extra ordinary event that might or might not happen in the future. Those agreed Bappenas things might also can not go thru if the economic worsen or even govt can activate dana alokasi khusus if they see our Northers border getting extra hot (threat analyze). So lets just sit back and enjoy the show for now 😁:coffee::coffee:
isn't first payment for Rafale have to be paid in December this year?

Last edited:

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
isn't first payment for Rafale have to be paid in December this year?
Lets just see what happen, there is procedure in budget system that we cant simply ignore even if that contract is already signed (afaik it hasnt). Keep in mind its a "full" contract that Im talking about. Not the prelimenary nor LOI.
I just want some "thing" from the northern dragon that could be wake our people n goverment thats its crucial to modernize TNI.
It already happening, some we see in media and some we dont. That approved USD20 bil until 2024 is one of the result and before that even officially announced, couple of months ago I heard certain numbers from that total platform that need to be spend in a year. Tho its just hear say but it kinda surprise me in how we going to spend certain amount without even have conformation from bappenas and kemenkeu? But then Bappenas offcially say it, fremm announced the initial contract agreemant in days before Bappenas, even Rafale local media announced before fremm deals. So yeah its all been done beforehand and all those announcement is just a "follow up" on whats been done in a close door domestically.

Now if those dream buy we going to have is really happening then the ball will be in TNI/Matra court. Are they going to be able to prepare sufficient infrastructure, human resource, etc to reach decent amount of time for those assets reach FOC? They will surely need more yearly budget for it 😉

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Lets just see what happen, there is procedure in budget system that we cant simply ignore even if that contract is already signed (afaik it hasnt). Keep in mind its a "full" contract that Im talking about. Not the prelimenary nor LOI.

It already happening, some we see in media and some we dont. That approved USD20 bil until 2024 is one of the result and before that even officially announced, couple of months ago I heard certain numbers from that total platform that need to be spend in a year. Tho its just hear say but it kinda surprise me in how we going to spend certain amount without even have conformation from bappenas and kemenkeu? But then Bappenas offcially say it, fremm announced the initial contract agreemant in days before Bappenas, even Rafale local media announced before fremm deals. So yeah its all been done beforehand and all those announcement is just a "follow up" on whats been done in a close door domestically.

Now if those dream buy we going to have is really happening then the ball will be in TNI/Matra court. Are they going to be able to prepare sufficient infrastructure, human resource, etc to reach decent amount of time for those assets reach FOC? They will surely need more yearly budget for it 😉

And all our discussion here going back to the square one lol . But , the optimism side of me pray that it would've been prepared in the next budget revision of the said approved one .

Last edited:

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I should've mention this earlier, but in all honestly, I'm fine with us not being trustworthy enough for F-35. I don't even like that plane that much 😋.
We don't even have the necessary supporting infrastructure to operate them anyway. In fact, we don't even have the necessary infrastructure for a major (regional) commercial data centre.

archwings

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom