Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,784
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Something light, easy to manufacturing, has ready to use technology and lower cost

Something like F20 tigershark come in my mind but with more powerful sensor and payload

AIDC F-CK 1 Ching Kuo, even built a new platform cooperated with nation like French and Britain is very possible and even Turkey along with Israel as they are very experience in this field and can help Indonesia more
We need to find a good partner for that InfoGlobal project then?

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We need to find a good partner for that InfoGlobal project then?

Such projects need huge capital, not only about money but also infrastructure and human resource. If Indonesia can get the offset with Boeing including Boeing design research center that's would be tremendous help to Indonesia side.

Actually Dassault also giving on job training for Indonesian engineer as industrial offset for the Rafale deals.

I don't know what in the head of those Korean head to blatantly saying his thought in the public in which their government trying so hard to wooing Indonesia just to stay in the projects.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,784
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Such projects need huge capital, not only about money but also infrastructure and human resource. If Indonesia can get the offset with Boeing including Boeing design research center that's would be tremendous help to Indonesia side.

Actually Dassault also giving on job training for Indonesian engineer as industrial offset for the Rafale deals.

I don't know what in the head of those Korean head to blatantly saying his thought in the public in which their government trying so hard to wooing Indonesia just to stay in the projects.
Originally it was for Korea domestic consumption

urban mine

Committed member
Reactions
10 415
Nation of residence
South Korea
Nation of origin
South Korea

Jung Gwang-sun said so outspokenly because, first, he is now retired from the KFX program leader. Since he is not a public official, he is free to speak.
Second, it is to end distrust of the partnership with Indonesia, which has prevailed among Koreans. Prabowo's comments that Indonesia has complained about technology transfer spread on the Internet amid overdue contributions. Koreans are unhappy with the idea that they can only transfer technology without paying for it. He explained to the public that it was not. (Restrictions on technical cooperation, the four core technologies that I explained last time.) At the end of the video, he explained that Indonesia should participate more closely in the project (increase the level of project sharing, 20% at the moment), to enhance technical cooperation with Indonesia.
The original title of that video is "Why Korea and Indonesia should never break their partnership." Negotiations between governments have already been completed and Korea has already invested heavily in Indonesian industry. Of course, it participates closely in the capital city plan. After all, it means that no matter how loud civilians make, intergovernmental transactions cannot be touched.

Last edited:

urban mine

Committed member
Reactions
10 415
Nation of residence
South Korea
Nation of origin
South Korea
I now understand why Turkey didn't participate in the KFX project. Also, someone forward this vid to Indos, please.
Turkey gave up its participation in the KFX project due to excessive share of development stakes (30%), Korea's introduction of T-129 in the AH-X project (which was eventually selected by AH-64), and differences in aircraft size (medium or high).

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,026
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey gave up its participation in the KFX project due to excessive share of development stakes (30%), Korea's introduction of T-129 in the AH-X project (which was eventually selected by AH-64), and differences in aircraft size (medium or high).
I was always wondering, are these the main reasons? However, the two countries could have done much better.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was always wondering, are these the main reasons? However, the two countries could have done much better.
I don't think that's true. I mean, I could've organized 40 engineers to take part in this 'partnership'...lmao.

Jokes aside, I wish we had our Indonesian friends aboard. They're goal-oriented and trustworthy. On top of that, Indonesia is going to be a gigantic market in the future.

In addition, I don't think that a country like Indonesia lacks the funds to pay its share in the KFX l/IFX project especially now with all the extra money pouring in from the export of natural resources.

If Jakarta doesn't pay upfront, it means something.

Probably because they're unhappy with certain Korean decisions and in general the way they are treated by the Korean side. Perhaps some Indonesian friends here can shed a light on the Indonesian worries...

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Turkey have been developing their own version of AIM-120 called the Peregrine (Gökdoğan).

It's a BVRAAM with an estimated range of 65km.

@Anmdt is this tested using F-16 already?
The requirement of development was at least 65 km but head of Tubitak said that in tests they have passed 100km and developed the missile based on that need

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,784
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It is not true, if Turkey is using it, it mean it can be used in any pther vehicle. Turkey plan to use it in akinji end of this year, then kizilelma, hurjet and so on
The Context is Turkish missile as alternative of Amraam for Indonesian F16, F15 and Nassams.

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
to make it worse, he once wants the entire air force modernization to be put on halt because we have KFX/IFX:rolleyes:
And yet he still insisted and hope that the F-15EX and FREMM would not get the approvals from the MoF and BAPPENAS for the sake of KF-X/IF-X and PT PAL Babcock Arrowhead program. Just look at his recent post at PDF responding to that SK video.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,103
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And yet he still insisted and hope that the F-15EX and FREMM would not get the approvals from the MoF and BAPPENAS for the sake of KF-X/IF-X and PT PAL Babcock Arrowhead program. Just look at his recent post at PDF responding to that SK video.
This one ?

l.PNG

Just finished reading it just now. Funny thing is, he actually came from an economic background, not engineering. So if he believes that 40 Indonesian engineers will make the difference its up to him.

All ToT stopped at the manufacturing engineering process, this is what the Koreans meant when they said that they have the experience with manufacturing up to 300 F-5 jets. Its basically the process where you assemble all components into a working machine. That is the ME (Manufacturing engineering) part

I hope I'm wrong but from the wording he chooses to describe Indonesian engineers in KFX is what I would assume part of the DE (design engineering). This is where the actual "development" of the aircraft actually is, this is where those "core technologies' are studied, and developed. And this is where I believe we are not involved.

I'm not anti KFX, in fact I'm quite supportive, but Indos just got this into an entirely new level of simping.

FoodSoldier

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't think that's true. I mean, I could've organized 40 engineers to take part in this 'partnership'...lmao.

Jokes aside, I wish we had our Indonesian friends aboard. They're goal-oriented and trustworthy. On top of that, Indonesia is going to be a gigantic market in the future.

In addition, I don't think that a country like Indonesia lacks the funds to pay its share in the KFX l/IFX project especially now with all the extra money pouring in from the export of natural resources.

If Jakarta doesn't pay upfront, it means something.

Probably because they're unhappy with certain Korean decisions and in general the way they are treated by the Korean side. Perhaps some Indonesian friends here can shed a light on the Indonesian worries...
Indonesia has been unhappy because we’re being blocked to get accessed to the core technology on KF-21 that happened to be owned by US. Unless the Korean can ensure IF-21 core tech to be accessible (and modifiable) by Indonesian, the drama will continue.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
the most obvious for me is It has more console, more crew, and rest quarter, it has much better work share mean E7 can handle bigger and much more complex operation.
Turkey starting to use Aksungur like drones for this purpose, called iha soj. You might also try that one, it even lets deep strike capabilities for other jets by jamming enemy radars
Indonesia has been unhappy because we’re being blocked to get accessed to the core technology on KF-21 that happened to be owned by US. Unless the Korean can ensure IF-21 core tech to be accessible (and modifiable) by Indonesian, the drama will continue.
you are totally right about it, paying for development and not getting anything back?

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom