Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,781
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If you intend to kill some tree kangaroo then its quite effective. But when you intend to hit whatever it is underneath those tree canopy, then you need something heavier
Like this?

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Like this?
Heavier doesn't always mean it's bigger. It's could also be smaller but faster such as .50 or bigger but slower such as 250 lbs. It's about penetrating the tree canopy

this is crunch

Contributor
Reactions
4 610
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If you intend to kill some tree kangaroo then its quite effective. But when you intend to hit whatever it is underneath those tree canopy, then you need something heavier
Heavier huh, hmmmm

The key word:
small but highly effective
can be air dropped
(must) cheap

i see, why don't we use Chem weapon, after we locate the hostiles, we drop only one gas cylinders (mustard gas or chlorine gas), it would spread very quickly and disabled them,
or if the International forbids it, just drop 'em a bunch of tear gasses from above, and the soldiers below attacks 'em
or even of publically forbids it, drop them tabung elpiji instead, cheap and effective

the Kaboom will be beautiful

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Heavier huh, hmmmm

The key word:
small but highly effective
can be air dropped
(must) cheap

i see, why don't we use Chem weapon, after we locate the hostiles, we drop only one gas cylinders (mustard gas or chlorine gas), it would spread very quickly and disabled them,
or if the International forbids it, just drop 'em a bunch of tear gasses from above, and the soldiers below attacks 'em
or even of publically forbids it, drop them tabung elpiji instead, cheap and effective

the Kaboom will be beautiful

Chem Weapon? Seriously? It is not even worth a discussion

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And yes ... Terrain familiriaty were always hampered our boys for good add that with an abysmall logistical flow and availability it
was a perfect recipe for disaster . And yet , compared to the spoiled US army guy in the afghan highland . our boys are tougher , meaner and always had a make do attitudes

minigun and rocket armed NBell 412 would do the trick just fine. Now if only we can sprinkle more armed drone to monitor and listen to them and send them back to God almighty (if situation permit) that would be even better
Perhaps that is what i mean, with eye tracking from the sky, the infantry swept forward wiithout need to do hard stuff about tracking the Terorrist.
Fixed wing is better suited for COIN role. One can always hear an approaching helo further than approaching fix wing. Not to mention fixed wing generally have longer loitering time and faster to reach target

You can't shoot something that you can't see

Heavier doesn't always mean it's bigger. It's could also be smaller but faster such as .50 or bigger but slower such as 250 lbs. It's about penetrating the tree canopy
I get it i get it, send them Freedom in 250 lbs package right.

But what aircraft? So far only sutuc are listed to fully capable to do COIN mission.

And perhaps the *Terms and conditions are so complicated to deliver Freedom in 250 lbs parcel 😁
Unless we can do covert operation with no one knows especially.

But hey, it will come at hi price

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,148
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Perhaps that is what i mean, with eye tracking from the sky, the infantry swept forward wiithout need to do hard stuff about tracking the Terorrist.

But what aircraft? So far only sutuc are listed to fully capable to do COIN mission.

And perhaps the *Terms and conditions are so complicated to deliver Freedom in 250 lbs parcel 😁

Eyes on the ground were always a neccesity . Between target confirmation , eyes and ears for a higher echelons but most importantly as a definite marker inside the contested area .
The only problem is not everybody are meant nor trained for that lonely and ardous job . Between combat fatigues and morale degradation that surely diminishing the troop's concerntation focus in the long tour . That's why most of US army are strict with their 3 monthly rotational tour .
But , do we have that much tiered 1 soldier ?? For a deep infiltration patrol /LRRP a para raider recon/Tontaipur was the minimum requirement here ...

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Everything in our inventory can be used for COIN ops though, from Cessna, Mi35, Bell 412 EP, CN212, Fennec,Bo105, Caracal, CN235 etc. as long as we are creative enough, bold enough and resolved to do so. There is thing like rocket pods, Gun Pod already in our inventory and warehouse, at least i had known DISLITBANG TNI AU had developed roller bombs rack to dropped Mk82 families from our CN235 or Hercules cargo bay.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Dislitbang TNI AD testing new model vest armor/plate Carrier which had been equipped with fast release bag, mich model helmet and plate armor, they are in standard with level IIIA stanag

181828855_3614562388652078_1710231477660188202_n.jpg
181203872_3614562398652077_5997775118372968650_n.jpg
180867088_3614562521985398_5282728988305477888_n.jpg
181023356_3614562415318742_8240954863338738876_n.jpg

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Everything in our inventory can be used for COIN ops though, from Cessna, Mi35, Bell 412 EP, CN212, Fennec,Bo105, Caracal, CN235 etc. as long as we are creative enough, bold enough and resolved to do so. There is thing like rocket pods, Gun Pod already in our inventory and warehouse, at least i had known DISLITBANG TNI AU had developed roller bombs rack to dropped Mk82 families from our CN235 or Hercules cargo bay.
Am so tired with soldiers die in Papua regions due to terorrist attack.

Lates footage show conventional drone could capture the terorrist movement, what more am thinking is if conventional dron works, why wouldnt we employ such more capable drone with FLIR to locate the terorrist location; this will be more easy if we have "Bayraktar-like" UAV.

not to mention, all of TNI flying asset are capable to support COIN operation. But that is too much expensive.
Not to mention so much helo crash in papuan region.

Captain Wales

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Dislitbang TNI AD testing new model vest armor/plate Carrier which had been equipped with fast release bag, mich model helmet and plate armor, they are in standard with level IIIA stanag

View attachment 20112 View attachment 20113 View attachment 20114 View attachment 20115
thank god it not black,

hmm, broken nvg mount. that quite harsh testing they done over there.
im surprise they didn't go with the level IV, as far as i know j-force have level IV helmet/body armor on their catalogue.

anyone know what quick release system is that? that not look like first spear tube quick release that they usually use on their product

Last edited:

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Its called "Persistence Surveillance". These days such capability can be attained by the use of commercially available industrial grade drone

What else❓We already have this :

It times to put them into good use, rather than just flying around over my head while I was taking my smoke break every 10 days or so

Buy American, Hire American. #MAGA

ooch wait that doesn't sound right. dang... what forum is this again? Its seem I'm in the wrong forum. Going to head over there to the Free Market loving #MAGA folk forum

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

View attachment 20112 View attachment 20113 View attachment 20114 View attachment 20115
Look overly complicated to me. But then again Army boys have a different requirement. Personally I prefer quick release of the vest (plate carrier). You can always drop (release) your ruck pretty damn easy even when underwater

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

ooch wait that doesn't sound right. dang... what forum is this again? Its seem I'm in the wrong forum. Going to head over there to the Free Market loving #MAGA folk forum
Ooo dang.... If I'm a conservative in US, I will surely on anti-QAnon Liz Cheney's Republican side. Instead of "America First" My slogan will be Adam Kinzinger "Country First" Wkwk

One of the Adam Kinzinger's Republican. Sadly he was lost for Congress.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Its called "Persistence Surveillance". These days such capability can be attained by the use of commercially available industrial grade drone

What else❓We already have this :

It times to put them into good use, rather than just flying around over my head while I was taking my smoke break every 10 days or so

And make sure that Tucano got hi-sounding Siren; which can make traumatic effect like stuka Was 🤣

I know you're trump supporters but ya know, murica is little sensitive towards Human Rights :v

But still my opinion to use UCAV + Loitering munition is the best option.

Last engagement using M134 Mini Brrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttt...... Seems ok, perhaps HR activist didnt mind as long as the weapon didnt go Boom boom 🤣

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
For a prolonged duration .. i don't think so . Thanks god para raider start to pick the training regime for a LRRP burden these day .
Today regular infantry has "Raider" capability, although its only basic training.

IMHO eventhough Para raider capability infantry were deployed, without proper logistic it will be a nightmare.

For now, time span of 4 weeks in the jungle can be considered as the maximum combat effectifness for a soldier.

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
thank god it not black,

hmm, broken nvg mount. that quite harsh testing they done over there.
im surprise they didn't go with the level IV, as far as i know j-force have level IV helmet/body armor on their catalogue.

anyone know what quick release system is that? that not look like first spear tube quick release that they usually use on their product
Is the level NIJ standard or STANAG standard? The Dislitbang armor used STANAG standard. J-Forces as far as I know uses NIJ standard.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom