Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
218359782_3824502797658035_4819445400818208423_n.jpg

There is Merlin Naval gun batch IV and 40 mm Dardo gun batch I

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,106
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We should increase number of our ship patrolling northern EEZ line

the Haijing seems can go in and out easily, not a new things but it's still not a good news
Yea but please not corvette or Frigates, OPV should do this job and especially Bakamla.

Need more Tanjung Dato OPV.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,376
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
the Haijing seems can go in and out easily, not a
Because EEZ and not territorial water, can't do much about it.
wasn't there some disagreement within AL/Kemhan regarding the performance of Nagapasa? is it already rectified?
Factory sea trials were started in July 2016, but took longer than planned to fix a couple of issues (in particular, a lower than expected full speed underwater was detected), as a result, the transfer of the Nagapasa to the Indonesian Navy took place on August 2, 2017, nine month later than what was set in the contract.

Alugoro took about 5 year from construction to commissioning, from that PAL pic construction time for submarine is 5 year is that for another nagapasa or something else?
If its nagapasa class they should build it every 4 year or so, when the boat is waiting for commisioning they should start building another one.

kantokuukai

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
PT PAL will be super busy in the next few years since many projects both surface and underwater vehicles will keep them on a tight schedule. I wonder how PT PAL manage to cope with those busy schedules to avoid the penalty.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Not exactly. Once they are showing a clear indication beyond any reason of doubt that they are supporting any kind of economic activity, then we can move in to prosecute (assuming we do have the capability to do so). WE can also prosecute them once they enter the 24 nm contiguous line on the pretext of security concern.

I wonder how PT PAL manage to cope with those busy schedules to avoid the penalty.
By paying the said penalty as per contract

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,376
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Does Bakamla have plans about how many fleet, bases, ship(80 -110 m) etc, or they just make do with the budget that they have. While the navy have their target for MEF, after getting 3-80m and 1-110 m ship there is no sign of more order, good progress at first but how about now? Are they trying to focus for human resources first for now? They built that training facility with US help after all.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,376
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
PT PAL will be super busy in the next few years since many projects both surface and underwater vehicles will keep them on a tight schedule. I wonder how PT PAL manage to cope with those busy schedules to avoid the penalty.
They just need to plan it carefully, try not to screw up like Gowind LCS.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Does Bakamla have plans about how many fleet, bases, ship(80 -110 m) etc, or they just make do with the budget that they have. While the navy have their target for MEF, after getting 3-80m and 1-110 m ship there is no sign of more order, good progress at first but how about now? Are they trying to focus for human resources first for now? They built that training facility with US help after all.

Bakamla only got meager budget yearly, only around 31 million US Dollar. Without more incentive they can't get nowhere

kantokuukai

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Instead of one yearly budget, BAKAMLA should use the multi-year budget to procure their vessel.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Instead of one yearly budget, BAKAMLA should use the multi-year budget to procure their vessel.

You can't squeeze much from such meagre budget. They need budget for operational duty and this not cheap at all. They need a significant raise in budget, at least Ten to 14 trillion rupiah would do wonder

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,376
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That's second MEF programme btw, so for MEF III the plan is to order all of them from foreign shipyard to fulfill the target on time
I hope that they think carefully about this but if having new submarine that have weight more that what PAL can build is really important and necessary, I hope that MoD still order submarine from PAL either nagapasa class or other for 2024+, Submarine is 1 of 7 "Program Prioritas" after all and I don't like it if they just abandon it half way.

Tinjauan kemampuan teknologi Industri Pertahanan menggunakan variable Technology Readiness Level (TRL) dan Manufacture Readiness Level (MRL) dimana TRL Roket, Medium Tank dan Kapal Selam diharapkan pada tahun 2024 mencapai Nilai 8 dan 9, sehingga dapat diproduksi massal.

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Factory sea trials were started in July 2016, but took longer than planned to fix a couple of issues (in particular, a lower than expected full speed underwater was detected), as a result, the transfer of the Nagapasa to the Indonesian Navy took place on August 2, 2017, nine month later than what was set in the contract.

Alugoro took about 5 year from construction to commissioning, from that PAL pic construction time for submarine is 5 year is that for another nagapasa or something else?
If its nagapasa class they should build it every 4 year or so, when the boat is waiting for commisioning they should start building another one.
I personally dont mind if there are some technical issues come up during this program, specially with Alugoro/PTPAL. They need the learning curve and as long as they can identify the issues and resolve it then its fine. Im more worry if the second batch program being cancelled without any clearity on what they going to do with the "Partial" knowledge they have acquired expensively. To continue the batch II PT.Pal going to need torpedo allignment machinery that going to be fulfilled by penyertaan modal negara. All have been prepared so I just hope if they can get it going regardless this "issue" I have been hearing about the contract.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom